Romney to cut 280,000 Jobs. Just ask him.

The Governor pledges to cut 10% of Federal Government Jobs. From his website:

So 10 percent will be 280,000 employees getting a pink slip with Romney being elected. Bain's business model inflicted on the US is a bad proposition

Two things. #1, it's not nearly enough, but it's a starting point, and #2 you know nothing about economics.

Federal employees don't create any economic value. The idea that taking money out of the economy and giving someone a job to not produce anything creating economic value is ridiculous. Or Democrat. Take your pick. But there is zero economic theory by anyone that would support your point.

We had a border patrol agent in one of our hospitals the other day. We made some coin off of him. Shut the fuck up.

:clap2: The most predictible and stupid of liberal arguments. When you discuss government, you always go to the few who are worthwhile as if that was what we were discussing when we ... both ... know it wasn't.

:clap2::clap2::clap2::clap2: That will secure my vote, if true........

Its directly from his website. And you'll still be paying them in the form of unemployment but just not getting services in return. Happy voting.

Government is a drag on the economy.......Federal employees pay no federal tax. But we use magical accounting to show they do...
Yet where does that money for their taxes come from....
I dont think you are sharp enough for this conversation...

A lot of people pay no federal income tax, right?

What those jobs do accomplish is that these people shop at the grocery store, video rental center, red box, have their cars repaired, buy other vehicles, take vacations, pay propterty taxes, school taxes, sales taxes, gasoline taxes when they fill up, tithe money to their house of worship, purchase clothing, tip you when you refill their water etc...

Why you want fewer people paying for all of the above is a mystery that I'm sure you're not smart enough to explain.

Two things. #1, it's not nearly enough, but it's a starting point, and #2 you know nothing about economics.

Federal employees don't create any economic value. The idea that taking money out of the economy and giving someone a job to not produce anything creating economic value is ridiculous. Or Democrat. Take your pick. But there is zero economic theory by anyone that would support your point.

We had a border patrol agent in one of our hospitals the other day. We made some coin off of him. Shut the fuck up.

:clap2: The most predictible and stupid of liberal arguments. When you discuss government, you always go to the few who are worthwhile as if that was what we were discussing when we ... both ... know it wasn't.

Okay, we had a USDA meat inspector in our hospital the other day. We made some coin off of him. Shut the fuck up again.

Okay, we had a USDA meat inspector in our hospital the other day. We made some coin off of him. Shut the fuck up again.

You should take a trip through the DC area and see the massive and relentless government expansion going on nonstop through the Great Recession. You know that is what I'm refering to, dearie.

The Governor pledges to cut 10% of Federal Government Jobs. From his website:

So 10 percent will be 280,000 employees getting a pink slip with Romney being elected. Bain's business model inflicted on the US is a bad proposition

Thats the best ya got?

You're not a government employee.

You do realize that those who aren't government employees are the ones who pay the salaries of government employees don't you?

So anything that cuts the expense of government is a good thing for those of us who foot the bill.

Who pays my salary isn't relevant. You must realize that when 911 is called the government in the form of first providers will respond and risk life or limb to aid the person in jeopardy; no one will ask if the person in trouble is a citizen or employed.

So that justifies having more first responders than we really need? If there are people sitting on their asses most of the time then those people should be fired. We need to run with the bare minimum of cost to the taxpayer.

You might, if you thought about it, realize those government employees also pay income, sales, real estate and other taxes too, as well as the same fees for service - garbage, water, schools, special districts, etc. as do private sector employees.

Sorry but government employees do not add to the net tax revenue. They may say they pay taxes they do not increase the bottom line where revenue is concerned.

You do realize that government employees 'buy' the service and products of those in the private sector too, don't you? So, in fact, when I buy my lunch I'm paying the salary of the shopkeeper and his/her employees. They profit from my business.

And all those public sector hacks are completely incapable of getting another job so we should just keep paying for more and more government employees right?
The essence of your comment can be reduced to Us v. Them; why do you disrespect Americans who have chosen to work in he public sector?

I don't disrespect them I just think that there are too many of them and the excess needs to be cut.

Envy? Civil Service has standards; to be a police officer or deputy sheriff you will need to pass a basic written test; pass the physical examination and be able to meet MQ's as to strength and speed; pass a written and two psychological interview exams, and place high on at least three separate interviews, one panel of three from outside agencies (usually one women, one man and one person of color representing the community served), another by in house management and supervisory staff and a final one by division managers seeking to hire for placement under their direct control.

Yeah I envy some government hack. Sorry but you couldn't pay me enough to work for the fucking government. I do much better working for myself.

What standards do you have to meet to get the private sector job you have?

Unlike you sheep I don't need someone else to impose standards on me.

I own my own business and my employees meet my standards or they get canned.

Its directly from his website. And you'll still be paying them in the form of unemployment but just not getting services in return. Happy voting.

Government is a drag on the economy.......Federal employees pay no federal tax. But we use magical accounting to show they do...

What those jobs do accomplish is that these people shop at the grocery store, video rental center, red box, have their cars repaired, buy other vehicles, take vacations, pay propterty taxes, school taxes, sales taxes, gasoline taxes when they fill up, tithe money to their house of worship, purchase clothing, tip you when you refill their water etc...

Why you want fewer people paying for all of the above is a mystery that I'm sure you're not smart enough to explain.

What part of it is all tax money or that it artificially inflates GDP dont you understand?

you would have made coin off of him regardless of whether or not he was a governemnt employee.

I would say your argument is weak....but "weak" is too much of a compliment.

the unecessary ones are costing us more in tax money than they give back in taxes.

It is not a difficult concept to comprehend.

Who pays my salary isn't relevant. You must realize that when 911 is called the government in the form of first providers will respond and risk life or limb to aid the person in jeopardy; no one will ask if the person in trouble is a citizen or employed.

You might, if you thought about it, realize those government employees also pay income, sales, real estate and other taxes too, as well as the same fees for service - garbage, water, schools, special districts, etc. as do private sector employees.

You do realize that government employees 'buy' the service and products of those in the private sector too, don't you? So, in fact, when I buy my lunch I'm paying the salary of the shopkeeper and his/her employees. They profit from my business.

The essence of your comment can be reduced to Us v. Them; why do you disrespect Americans who have chosen to work in he public sector?

Envy? Civil Service has standards; to be a police officer or deputy sheriff you will need to pass a basic written test; pass the physical examination and be able to meet MQ's as to strength and speed; pass a written and two psychological interview exams, and place high on at least three separate interviews, one panel of three from outside agencies (usually one women, one man and one person of color representing the community served), another by in house management and supervisory staff and a final one by division managers seeking to hire for placement under their direct control.

Then, a conditional offer of employment will be given to the candidate and a full and complete background investigation is conducted. Once this is completed the probationary officer will be assigned to a training officer who will spent the next 12 months training and evaluating the actions of the probationary employee. During this period the new employee can be let go if it is determined he or she is unfit for the job.

What standards do you have to meet to get the private sector job you have?

A masters degree in engineering, and a NYS PE license.

My issue isnt with the hiring of Civil servants, its the fact that once hired it is almost impossible to get rid of them, even if thier jobs become redundant, or they stop performing up to the level expected of them.

I too have a Master's Degree and was a manager in law enforcement , for a while I was assigned to personnel which included all of which I listed above plus discipline, including recommending to the hiring authority termination. Civil service terminations are difficult, and more so in the LE Careers - for good reason, but hardly impossible.
In the first year during probation I could simply ask for badge and ID and tell employee only this, "a law enforcement career is not for everyone"; to say more created huge problems and space here limits further detail. No cause was ever provided when terminating probationary deputies beyond that phrase.

An internal affairs investigation takes time and costs money. It is much more economical to discipline and train officers than to fire them. When they bring discredit to the agency or are a risk to pubic safety they are put on paid leave until fired. Hence, the cost and time involved in the hiring process is necessary and usually sufficient; the vast majority of are employees do a great job under stressful circumstances and are fine citizens.

In California, post prop 13, few local government jobs become redundant. Today, highly educated and highly paid professionals spent time doing what were at one time clerical functions. Police officers/deputy sheriffs/probation and parole agents and even prosecuting attorneys spend time filing, copying and searching for documents once a duty of the least senior clerical staff.

The reason firing a civil service person is so expensive is because of the negotiated grievance procedures. I dont see this as a good thing. and the reason you have the professionals doing clerical work is sometimes due to the clerical people not being responsible for the tasks they used to accomplish, again all due to negotiated work rules.

Were the hell did the left get the idea that the federal government is an employment agency? President Hussein even joked that "shovel ready jobs weren't exactly shovel ready" nyunc nyuck. Government jobs do not stimulate the economy. They filter taxpayer funded dollars through crooked politicians and distribute what's left to federal employees who often produce nothing more than shining a chair with their ass..

Were the hell did the left get the idea that the federal government is an employment agency? President Hussein even joked that "shovel ready jobs weren't exactly shovel ready" nyunc nyuck. Government jobs do not stimulate the economy. They filter taxpayer funded dollars through crooked politicians and distribute what's left to federal employees who often produce nothing more than shining a chair with their ass..
It isn't just the left, the right is just as guilty.

The biggest booming housing market in this recession is......the Washington DC metro area which extends into MD and VA.

All thanks to Obamination keeping the gravy train going for many GS workers and creating even more GS jobs that pay over $60K a year.

the unecessary ones are costing us more in tax money than they give back in taxes.

Let me ask you this. You send a dollar to Washington. They spend $0.10 of that to employ, lets say, a border agent who tries to keep illegals from entering the country. That agent takes that $0.10 and keeps $0.02 of it to save. The other $0.08 goes to Wal*Mart who sells him his fishing tackle, the offering plate at the Methodist Church where he worships, the tavern where he buys his refreshments, Buffalo Wild Wings where he meets with his buddies on Friday night, ice skating lessons for his little girl Jasmine, to pay his attorney for a law suit to which he is a party etc...

Or you could send the government $0.90 and those jobs at Wal*Mart, the tavern, BWW, the skating teacher and the attorney have less income as well. The Church will get by; somehow.

I tend to think you'd rather send the 90 cents to Washington, am I right?

PS: I haven't mentioned taxes paid by the border agent yet.

You should take a trip through the DC area and see the massive and relentless government expansion going on nonstop through the Great Recession. You know that is what I'm refering to, dearie.

So life outside of the DC area is too compliacated an equation for you to understand? Not surprised.

Let me ask you this. You send a dollar to Washington. They spend $0.10 of that to employ, lets say, a border agent who tries to keep illegals from entering the country. That agent takes that $0.10 and keeps $0.02 of it to save. The other $0.08 goes to Wal*Mart who sells him his fishing tackle, the offering plate at the Methodist Church where he worships, the tavern where he buys his refreshments, Buffalo Wild Wings where he meets with his buddies on Friday night, ice skating lessons for his little girl Jasmine, to pay his attorney for a law suit to which he is a party etc...

Or you could send the government $0.90 and those jobs at Wal*Mart, the tavern, BWW, the skating teacher and the attorney have less income as well. The Church will get by; somehow.

Not talking about necessary employees. I was very specific when I said UNECESSARY employees.

Now...what is an unecessary employee?

The assistant to the secretary who works for assitant manager of the communications department of the local FDA office that services the northeastern part of NY state.

You know...the chick that works 40 hour weeks doing 1 hour of actual work and 39 hours of "review".

you would have made coin off of him regardless of whether or not he was a governemnt employee.

I would say your argument is weak....but "weak" is too much of a compliment.

Yes we would have. However if he was unemployed like 8.2 out of every 100 of us were, he'd be at the the health district's hospital billing us for his care. Instead, my health network made a nice little profit off of him, he got patched up and is again inspecting meat.

More jobs is a good thing. That you can't understand that translates into a weak mind but that of course, is an overstatement.

Not talking about necessary employees. I was very specific when I said UNECESSARY employees.

Now...what is an unecessary employee?

The assistant to the secretary who works for assitant manager of the communications department of the local FDA office that services the northeastern part of NY state.

You know...the chick that works 40 hour weeks doing 1 hour of actual work and 39 hours of "review".

Can't say I disagree with you on that.

I can say that I disagree that you want to add more to the 8.2% when the recovery is just starting. But I guess we can agree to disagree.

That part is true. With 8.2% unemployment, adding 280K more to that number isn't like to help their job prospects; ya think? That would cause for another GASP if you would.

You are being dishonest if you keep implying that 280,000 are being laid off immediately. It is going to be a slow process by going through attrition at 1-2 ratio.
Could take a few years.

Could take a few years is right. Adding any more persons to the unemployment numbers wilingly is frankly stupid at this point.

They are leaving or retiring, they are not added to the unemployment.

And what will he do with the 10cents he saved? Probably spend it at WalMart etc etc etc.

Wow. Hazlett's Broken Window Fallacy lives.

Forum List

Back