"Romney says Obama failed America"

Romney's actual quote:

"The good news is, we have a volunteer Army and that's the way we're going to keep it. My sons are adults. They've chosen not to serve in the military in active duty and I respect their decision in that regard. ... And one of the ways my sons are showing support for our nation is helping me get elected because they think I'd be a great president."

When you choose one of two actions, do you choose the "LEAST" important? Or the "MOST" important.

All 5 sons are of military age. Romney and all five sons support sending Americans off to die in Iraq. But their choice wasn't in helping those other Americans, but rather, in helping Romney get elected. So that was the "least" important thing they could do? Lucky he didn't win. Wouldn't you say?

Are you really serious? This is your beef with Romney? That he didn’t force his sons to join the armed forces? If I knew someone that forced such a thing on their sons, I would say that person is doing the wrong thing. He let them make their own decision and what was the most important to them.

Using your logic, we should assume that all politicians who were/are against the war should force their children to join the Peace Corp.

Hatred, resentment, bigotry, or whatever else it is that is fueling your response here has seriously clouded your logic.

Romney was asked if he supported the Iraqi war and he said he did.

Romney was asked if his sons, all of military age, would go to Iraq to fight in a war he supports?

His answer, "my sons are showing support for our nation is helping me get elected".

It just shows where their priorities are. He supports the Iraq war and so do his sons, just not enough to go there and fight. Seems pretty clear to me.

Would you force your sons to go to war if you supported the war?

Personally, I don't think his Mormon beliefs held him back. He ran too clean of a campaign. He should have been the nominee, but he was sabotaged by McCain and Huckabee when they pooled their cauci and caused him to lose West Virginia. McCain needed to stop Romney if he was to have any chance, so he cut a deal with Huckabee. The Liberal media then kicked in with dozens of polls showing that "McCain" was the only candidate who could beat Hillary or Obama. The rest is history....

I remember a lot of controversy about his being Morman. It bothered some people. Check this out, a really good article by Peggy Noonan:

"It is true that some in his campaign thought a speech risky, but others saw it as an opportunity, and a first draft was ready last March. In certain ways Mr. Romney had felt a tugging resistance: I've been in public life--served as governor, run the Olympics, run a business. I have to do a speech saying my faith won't distort my leadership?

It is called his JFK speech, but in many ways JFK had it easier than Mr. Romney does now. The Catholic Church was the single biggest Christian denomination in America, representing 30% of the population (Mormons: 2%, six million). Americans who had never met a Catholic in 1920 had by 1960 fought side by side with them in World War II and sat with them in college under the GI bill. JFK had always signaled that he held his faith lightly, not with furrow-browed earnestness. He had one great question to answer: Would he let the Vatican control him? As if. And although some would vote against him because he was Catholic, some would vote for him for the same reason, and they lived in the cities and suburbs of the industrial states.

Mr. Romney gave the speech Thursday morning. How did he do?

Very, very well. He made himself some history. The words he said will likely have a real and positive impact on his fortunes. The speech's main and immediate achievement is that foes of his faith will now have to defend their thinking, in public. But what can they say to counter his high-minded arguments? "Mormons have cooties"?

Peggy Noonan - WSJ.com

Isn't that great??? :lol::lol::lol:

You might be right. I live out west, in Los Angeles. I know many Mormon people and quite honestly, they are just regular people. My familiarity with them effects my viewpoint.

I understand. I was born and raised in L.A. and have lived here all my life.

Kind of a conclusive statement to make considering it's only been just over a year since he took office. It may come back to bite him in the ass.

Romney says Obama failed America - Yahoo! News
"President Obama, Nancy Pelosi, Harry Reid and their team have failed the American people, and that is why their majority will be out the door," Romney told a gathering of conservatives, a certain critical constituency in the upcoming Republican primary fight.
"When it comes to pinning blame, pin the tail on the donkeys," Romney quipped — and this partisan crowd ate it up.

Sounds like he is getting ready to run for president already. I could not agree more with this:

Still, he said: "The American people have shown that they are ready for truth to trump hope. The truth is that government is not the solution to all our problems."

I am betting that he will be the GOP candidate, he's a smart business man, a good governor with EXECUTIVE experience, and a very good looking dude. Ever notice how conservatives are better looking than liberals? :lol::lol: Palin, Scott Brown, Romney, Tim Pawlenty. JC Watts :lol::lol:

"President Obama, Nancy Pelosi, Harry Reid and their team have failed the American people, and that is why their majority will be out the door," Romney told a gathering of conservatives, a certain critical constituency in the upcoming Republican primary fight.
"When it comes to pinning blame, pin the tail on the donkeys," Romney quipped — and this partisan crowd ate it up.

Sounds like he is getting ready to run for president already. I could not agree more with this:

Still, he said: "The American people have shown that they are ready for truth to trump hope. The truth is that government is not the solution to all our problems."

I am betting that he will be the GOP candidate, he's a smart business man, a good governor with EXECUTIVE experience, and a very good looking dude. Ever notice how conservatives are better looking than liberals? :lol::lol: Palin, Scott Brown, Romney, Tim Pawlenty. JC Watts :lol::lol:

Sometimes being more intelligent requires you to sacrifice your looks.

Tim Pawlenty????? Get glasses, girl!!!!

I'd say that America failed Obama!!

Forum List

Back