Romney Refuses To Apologize For Condemning Dead Americans

No they didn't.

They apologized for freedom of speech.

We're sorry, please like us!

egypt_us_embassy_151777006_fullwidth_540x405.jpg

To attack free speech...

"While the United States rejects efforts to denigrate the religious beliefs of others, we must all unequivocally oppose the kind of senseless violence that took the lives of these public servants," Obama said.*

To sympathize with Muslims who were attacking our embassy.

Wrong, it was to condemn the attacks.

I strongly condemn the outrageous attack on our diplomatic facility in Benghazi, which took the lives of four Americans, including Ambassador Chris Stevens. Right now, the American people have the families of those we lost in our thoughts and prayers. They exemplified America's commitment to freedom, justice, and partnership with nations and people around the globe, and stand in stark contrast to those who callously took their lives.

I have directed my Administration to provide all necessary resources to support the security of our personnel in Libya, and to increase security at our diplomatic posts around the globe. While the United States rejects efforts to denigrate the religious beliefs of others, we must all unequivocally oppose the kind of senseless violence that took the lives of these public servants.

On a personal note, Chris was a courageous and exemplary representative of the United States. Throughout the Libyan revolution, he selflessly served our country and the Libyan people at our mission in Benghazi. As Ambassador in Tripoli, he has supported Libya's transition to democracy. His legacy will endure wherever human beings reach for liberty and justice. I am profoundly grateful for his service to my Administration, and deeply saddened by this loss.

The brave Americans we lost represent the extraordinary service and sacrifices that our civilians make every day around the globe. As we stand united with their families, let us now redouble our own efforts to carry their work forward.

Read more: Obama, Clinton statements on Libya attack - SFGate

So obama didn't say this?

"While the United States rejects efforts to denigrate the religious beliefs of others, we must all unequivocally oppose the kind of senseless violence that took the lives of these public servants."

I strongly condemn the outrageous attack on our diplomatic facility in Benghazi, which took the lives of four Americans, including Ambassador Chris Stevens. Right now, the American people have the families of those we lost in our thoughts and prayers. They exemplified America's commitment to freedom, justice, and partnership with nations and people around the globe, and stand in stark contrast to those who callously took their lives.

I have directed my Administration to provide all necessary resources to support the security of our personnel in Libya, and to increase security at our diplomatic posts around the globe. While the United States rejects efforts to denigrate the religious beliefs of others, we must all unequivocally oppose the kind of senseless violence that took the lives of these public servants.

On a personal note, Chris was a courageous and exemplary representative of the United States. Throughout the Libyan revolution, he selflessly served our country and the Libyan people at our mission in Benghazi. As Ambassador in Tripoli, he has supported Libya's transition to democracy. His legacy will endure wherever human beings reach for liberty and justice. I am profoundly grateful for his service to my Administration, and deeply saddened by this loss.

The brave Americans we lost represent the extraordinary service and sacrifices that our civilians make every day around the globe. As we stand united with their families, let us now redouble our own efforts to carry their work forward.

Nope, in the embassy news release, they condemned Americans for insulting Islam.

AFTER the embassy came under attack.

A swing and a miss.

The Embassy of the United States in Cairo condemns the continuing efforts by misguided individuals to hurt the religious feelings of Muslims – as we condemn efforts to offend believers of all religions.

That would be the Embassy of the US in Cairo, not the statement of the POTUS. Nice try however.

Nope, in the embassy news release, they condemned Americans for insulting Islam.

A swing and a miss.

The Embassy of the United States in Cairo condemns the continuing efforts by misguided individuals to hurt the religious feelings of Muslims – as we condemn efforts to offend believers of all religions.

That would be the Embassy of the US in Cairo, not the statement of the POTUS. Nice try however.

that is a swing and a miss yourself....

that is OBAMA's Administration speaking.......Obama is ultimately responsible.....

Last edited:

So obama didn't say this?

"While the United States rejects efforts to denigrate the religious beliefs of others, we must all unequivocally oppose the kind of senseless violence that took the lives of these public servants."

Another swing and a miss.

Who said he didn't state that? However the first thing his statement did was condemn the attacks. I think an appolgy usually starts out with something like "we appolgize for...or we're sorry for....." But again that's just me.

A swing and a miss.

The embassy represents Obama. It was an official statement.

A swing and a miss.

The embassy represents Obama. It was an official statement.

At 10:00 pm., the Enbassy made the fiorst statement. At 19:54, sthe State Dept. doubled down and made essentially the same statement. Now the White House is walking back that statement.

He shouldn't apologize, he's right as usual. Not surprizing to me that a obama kool aid drinker like yourself would try to spin it otherwise.

spin? Romney condemned the statements put out by the Americans in the Embassy fearing for their lives... all for political gain

First, No one was killed in the Egyptian Embassy, where they issued the statements. Unless you know something I havent heard.

Second, nothing here about political gain. American embassies shouldn't be apologizing for people engaging in free speech. Dont matter the circumstances. They especially shouldnt be apologizing to people invading US Sovereignty.

Romney is right. And it eats you guys up.

Timeline:

"Tuesday midday: Hours before protests escalated at embassies [read 'after protests started'] in Cairo and Benghazi, the U.S. Embassy in Cairo issued a statement that appeared to condemn an anti-Islam movie promoted by Florida pastor Terry Jones, whose previous burning of Qurans sparked deadly protests. “The Embassy of the United States in Cairo condemns the continuing efforts by misguided individuals to hurt the religious feelings of Muslims – as we condemn efforts to offend believers of all religions,” it said in part.

Tuesday afternoon: The Cairo embassy stands by its original statement. “This morning’s condemnation (issued before protest began) still stands. As does our condemnation of unjustified breach of the Embassy,” it posts on Twitter. That post has since been deleted but has been preserved on sites including Buzzfeed and Twitchy.

Timeline of Statements on Libya, Egypt Attacks - Washington Wire - WSJ

Red is my commentary.

How did these terrorists get on the grounds of the embassy? They were there, taking our flag down and then murdering. Amazing that they can get away with anything, no matter how horrible, and still demand and get an apology.

Romney is desperate...he has no choice. His GOP handlers are demanding he thouw mud and tell lies.

Almost everyone in our red Republican town and chamber of commerce are so mad at Romney they can't see straight over this mess. I mean WTbF, What The barney Frank?

Tinkerbelle could have won against Obama this year. I am afraid we have made a terrible, terrible mistake. The only problem is the is our GOP candidate is the very best of a very poor lot.

The embassy was desperately trying to save their own lives and he chooses that moment to kick them under the bus. And then, incredibly, tried to blame the president. He's an idiot and would be even worse that Bush.

Last edited:
But, right or wrong, Mittens is dead wrong to use this in such a shameful way. There's a time and a place for everything.

His attack against the embassy also shows a shocking ignorance of foreign policy.

Bullshit. The embassy was basically saying "We hate the 1st amendment! We feel bad for you poor Muslim psychos!".

Romney was right to smash them.

He shouldn't apologize, he's right as usual. Not surprizing to me that a obama kool aid drinker like yourself would try to spin it otherwise.

That's right. If the facts are not to your liking just ignore them and make up your own!! You people are really losing it.

Forum List

Back