Romney Refuses To Apologize For Condemning Dead Americans

When we elect Romney, he won't be the president in absentia, and he will make timely remarks when events occur and not have to walk back apologies from embassies!

He will meet with leaders of other countries when emergencies as Isreal is experiencing and find time in his busy schedule to talk about plans that may or may not be needed. Allies have to be on the same page.

He will meet with intelligence everyday! He will meet with the cabinet when crises occur. He will drop campaigning, fundraising and even talk shows if the country's best interests need to be met. He will not be Barack Obama.

Last edited:
GOOD for Romney, he is running FOR PRESIDENT and he has EVERY right to speak on this..

You people don't make the rules of when we can speak or not speak...go take a hike

Inevitably, the Romney campaign chose to use the attacks to make a hasty and stupid criticism last night, which represented the most tasteless political opportunism while also managing to misrepresent the administration’s response to the attacks. Here is the President’s statement on the Benghazi attack. Readers can judge for themselves, but it seems an appropriate initial response to me. There is no “sympathy” for the attackers to be found in that statement, and the Romney campaign’s attempt to use a foolish statement from the U.S. embassy in Cairo as the official position of the administration was typically dishonest. Romney didn’t have much credibility on this front before last night, and he has even less now.

The Attacks in Benghazi and Cairo | The American Conservative

I agree with you, Steph. Romney should speak up whenever he wants!!! Oh, by the way. These remarks are from The American Conservative.

Last edited:
GOOD for Romney, he is running FOR PRESIDENT and he has EVERY right to speak on this..

You people don't make the rules of when we can speak or not speak...go take a hike

Inevitably, the Romney campaign chose to use the attacks to make a hasty and stupid criticism last night, which represented the most tasteless political opportunism while also managing to misrepresent the administration’s response to the attacks. Here is the President’s statement on the Benghazi attack. Readers can judge for themselves, but it seems an appropriate initial response to me. There is no “sympathy” for the attackers to be found in that statement, and the Romney campaign’s attempt to use a foolish statement from the U.S. embassy in Cairo as the official position of the administration was typically dishonest. Romney didn’t have much credibility on this front before last night, and he has even less now.

I agree with you, Steph. Romney should speak up whenever he wants!!! Oh, by the way. These remarks are from The American Conservative.

so what where it came from...anyone can make a name up and call themselves Conservative
You people will not shut us up...calling us racist didn't do it and this isn't going to do it

Last edited:

Deleted, but saved tweets, don't change the real timeline.

The embassy was desperately trying to save their own lives and he chooses that moment to kick them under the bus.

And then, incredibly, tried to blame the president.

He's an idiot and would be even worse that Bush.

We have assets in the Region that could have prevented this.

We should have mobilized them and killed every thing that moved around the Embassy, pulled our people out and drop all aid to Lybia.

[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4CzteDucRHo]Hillary Clinton - I am Sick & Tired (Right to Protest) - YouTube[/ame]

The embassy was desperately trying to save their own lives and he chooses that moment to kick them under the bus.

We should have mobilized them and killed every thing that moved around the Embassy, pulled our people out and drop all aid to Lybia.

However, as the administration now admits, this had nothing to do with spontaneous demonstrations. It was a planned attack.

U.S. officials believe Libya attack was planned: Report | The Lookout - Yahoo! News

However, as the administration now admits, this had nothing to do with spontaneous demonstrations. It was a planned attack.

U.S. officials believe Libya attack was planned: Report | The Lookout - Yahoo! News

Planned.....spontaneous.....it's still a major fuck-up by the current administration

I don't get why you people have to turn an outrage against the sovereign territory of an American embassy into a slanging match between democracts and republicans. This has nothing to do with either Obama or Romney. The US ambassador was killed. Stick to blaming the muslim lunatic fanatic scum that we helped to gain power in their desert wastelands for this outrage.

Last edited:
I don't get why you people have to turn an outrage against the sovereign territory of an American embassy into a slanging match between democracts and republicans. This has nothing to do with either Obama or Romney. The US ambassador was killed. Stick to blaming the muslim lunatic fanatic scum that we helped to gain power in their desert wastelands for this outrage.

Agreed, but it is Romney's duty to criticize the actions of the current administration. It is after all their actions that set this in play.

He acted quite presidential if ya ask me.

The dead Americans families I feel for though..... their relatives are gone and we are squabbling about politics.

Sad day in American history.

At least Clinton generally made a good showing..and he didn't retract shit. He just baldfaced lied, and would stick with it come hell or high water.

This guy is seriously an awful leader. It's getting dangerous having this guy as President. Time for a change. If that doesn't work then it's time for another change. We don't know Romney can do this job ... but we know Obama can't.

He's the most apallingly bad president I've seen in my 57 years.

It's a funny thing how he is such a bad president yet we are much more respected throughout the world now that he is in office. The GOP answer to every incident in the world is for us to drop bombs or better yet, some of you think we ought to just nuke our enemies.

if we are so respected, then why is one of our Ambassadors dead....

Agreed, but it is Romney's duty to criticize the actions of the current administration. It is after all their actions that set this in play.

He acted quite presidential if ya ask me.

The dead Americans families I feel for though..... their relatives are gone and we are squabbling about politics.

Sad day in American history.

Former CIA director is going on the Pottery Barn theory of Colin Powell's criticism of Bush.

You broke it you own it.

Obama owns Libya.

Violent protests in Libya that claimed the life of the U.S. ambassador were the result of President Obama’s decision to intervene in the Libyan revolt without a “deep appreciation” for what would follow, former CIA Director Michael Hayden tells Newsmax.

Hayden, a former four-star Air Force general, was appointed CIA director by President George W. Bush in 2006 and served until 2009.

In an exclusive interview with Newsmax.TV on Wednesday, Hayden discusses the events in Libya: “I’m reminded of Secretary of State Powell’s comments about Iraq going back almost a decade — the Pottery Barn theory that if you break it you own it.

“Here’s a case where we went into Libya for reasons that seemed very powerful for some people at the time, almost all of them in Tehran, perhaps without a true or deep appreciation for what the secondary and tertiary effects of overthrowing [Libyan ruler Moammar] Gadhafi would be.

http://www.newsmax.com/Newsfront/Ha.../2012/09/12/id/451581?s=al&promo_code=100BC-1

Last edited:
He's the most apallingly bad president I've seen in my 57 years.

It's a funny thing how he is such a bad president yet we are much more respected throughout the world now that he is in office. The GOP answer to every incident in the world is for us to drop bombs or better yet, some of you think we ought to just nuke our enemies.

if we are so respected, then why is one of our Ambassadors dead....

three other Americans are dead also, why is it that we don't know who they are? I wonder about that.

:eusa_shhh:

SNIP:
Kerry Attacks Bush on Handling of Iraq

By Lois Romano and Paul Farhi
Washington Post Staff Writers
Tuesday, September 7, 2004; Page A08

CANNONSBURG, Pa., Sept. 6 -- Sen. John F. Kerry, under pressure from Democratic leaders to draw sharper contrasts between himself and George W. Bush, launched a series of blistering attacks on the president Monday, saying the W in his opponent's name stands for "wrong . . . wrong choices, wrong priorities, wrong direction for our country."

all of it here
Kerry Attacks Bush on Handling of Iraq (washingtonpost.com)

Romney said:
"America will not tolerate attacks against our citizens and against our embassies. We’ll defend also our constitutional rights of speech and assembly and religion.
We have confidence in our cause in America. We respect our Constitution. We stand for the principles our Constitution protects. We encourage other nations to understand and respect the principles of our Constitution, because we recognize that these principles are the ultimate source of freedom for individuals around the world."

I see nothing that he needs to apologize for.

"Just saw where Romney is refusing to apologize for his politically motivated statement that the Americans in the Embassy, fearing for their lives, were terrorist sympathizers."

Where did you see that?

the article for this thread came from NBC...you people better wake up and realize the Lamestream media has become our enemy, especially for Republicans

Last edited:

Forum List

Back