Romney Refuses To Apologize For Condemning Dead Americans

Romney nailed it:

"The embassy in Cairo put out a statement after their grounds had been breached, protestors were inside the grounds, they reiterated that statement after the breach. I think it's a terrible course for America to stand in apology for our values, that instead when our ground are being attacked and being breached that the first response of the united states must be outrage at the breach of the sovereignty of our nation. An apology for America’s values is never the right course."

"The first response should not be to say, yes, we stand by our comments that suggest that there is something wrong with the right of free speech."

Dueling pressers: Romney takes questions, Obama doesn’t on Egypt & Libya attacks « Hot Air

This guy is seriously an awful leader. It's getting dangerous having this guy as President. Time for a change. If that doesn't work then it's time for another change. We don't know Romney can do this job ... but we know Obama can't.

He's the most apallingly bad president I've seen in my 57 years.

It's a funny thing how he is such a bad president yet we are much more respected throughout the world now that he is in office. The GOP answer to every incident in the world is for us to drop bombs or better yet, some of you think we ought to just nuke our enemies.

Romney is spot on.

Obama should apologize for supporting the murderers.

I can't believe that the "leader" of the free world gave out a mouthful of mush then immediately took off for Las Vegas!

It's a matter of priorities.

There is no hand on the national wheel which is why we are out of control.

Obama is a failure at Domestic Policy, Economic Policy, and as we all are painfully aware, especially at Foreign Policy.

This guy is seriously an awful leader. It's getting dangerous having this guy as President. Time for a change. If that doesn't work then it's time for another change. We don't know Romney can do this job ... but we know Obama can't.

You aren't the only one to recognize that.

LAMBRO: Obama on track to have worst job record since World War II - Washington Times

And, this is just his economic failures! Now that his middle east "policy" is no policy, it's just an add on.

What I heard is that it was Jones who made the video.

The important point is that Mitt was wrong to attack an America embassy. There is no way you rw's can spin that fact.

Obama's statement was as it always is - measured and appropriate. He did not put Americans at even more risk by getting into a back and forth with Mitt or the video. He DID make it clear that those responsible were in our sights and if you rw's remember, when he has done that before, our enemies have died.

The mistake that MittWitt made was in jumping the gun, criticizing the embassy and then trying to make it about Obama. He should have shut up until he had some idea what he was talking about.

it wasn't a mistake.....it's called standing up for America......instead of kowtowing to radicals....this was an act of war upon America....:mad:

the embassy is part and parcel of the Administration.....what the embassy says reflects the weakling viewpoint of Obama....

They are busy trying to save obama from his idiotic moves, they have no time for logic.

The embassy was desperately trying to save their own lives and he chooses that moment to kick them under the bus.

And then, incredibly, tried to blame the president.

He's an idiot and would be even worse that Bush.

I think Romney is completely lost when it comes to foreign policy. He is really starting to scare the crap out of me as he seems ready to go guns a blazin at anything that happens.

How in the world do you get that extreme from what he said?

It's a funny thing how he is such a bad president yet we are much more respected throughout the world now that he is in office.

:lmao:

Romney nailed it:

"The embassy in Cairo put out a statement after their grounds had been breached, protestors were inside the grounds, they reiterated that statement after the breach. I think it's a terrible course for America to stand in apology for our values, that instead when our ground are being attacked and being breached that the first response of the united states must be outrage at the breach of the sovereignty of our nation. An apology for America’s values is never the right course."

"The first response should not be to say, yes, we stand by our comments that suggest that there is something wrong with the right of free speech."

Dueling pressers: Romney takes questions, Obama doesn’t on Egypt & Libya attacks « Hot Air

Exactly.

Romney may have not been my first choice, but he's head and shoulders a better leader than obama ever could be.

It's a funny thing how he is such a bad president yet we are much more respected throughout the world now that he is in office. The GOP answer to every incident in the world is for us to drop bombs or better yet, some of you think we ought to just nuke our enemies.

Bull shit. All evidence to the contrary. Have you not been paying any attention at all?

Who said anything about dropping bombs? Not me, not Romney. You are a left wing hack.

Tell us ole wise one...When has a nation ever lived in peace by turning the other cheek.

Just one example please.

Romney is spot on.

Obama should apologize for supporting the murderers.

Our sovereignity is breached.

So what does Obama say?

"We firmly reject the actions by those who abuse the universal right of free speech to hurt the religious beliefs of others" Oh, so the admin sympathizes with the Islamic pigs.

Press Release | Embassy of the United States

Romney:

""America will not tolerate attacks against our citizens and against our embassies. We’ll defend also our constitutional rights of speech and assembly and religion.
We have confidence in our cause in America. We respect our Constitution. We stand for the principles our Constitution protects. We encourage other nations to understand and respect the principles of our Constitution, because we recognize that these principles are the ultimate source of freedom for individuals around the world."

Mitt Romney’s statement on the Libya ambassador attack - The Washington Post

So Obama withdraws the apology, and issues another one, restating how appalling America finds freedom of speech that criticizes Islam...

While Romney says:

"I don’t think we ever hesitate when we see something which is a violation of our principles. We express immediately when we feel that the president and his administration have done something which is than consistent with the principles of America. Simply put, having an embassy which has been breached and has protestors on its grounds. Having violated the sovereignty of the United States. Having to embassy reiterating a statement apologizing for the right of free speech is not the right course for an administration."

Thanks, I'll take Romney.

I know! Egypt certain respects him! So much they replaced his flag with one of their own!

Funny this...Egypt, Libya...those are his little projects.

And they're they ones who are slaughtering people. Go figure.

He shouldn't apologize, he's right as usual. Not surprizing to me that a obama kool aid drinker like yourself would try to spin it otherwise.

spin? Romney condemned the statements put out by the Americans in the Embassy fearing for their lives... all for political gain

Fearing for their lives? Why were they afraid when the embassy had been evacuated long before the attack began? Were they worried that the plane they were thinking about boarding to carry them home might get hit by a meteor?

I know! Egypt certain respects him! So much they replaced his flag with one of their own!

Funny this...Egypt, Libya...those are his little projects.

And they're they ones who are slaughtering people. Go figure.

And lets not forget the lucrative 1.3 Billion Dollar Aid package the Obama Administration has generously put together with our Tax Dollars... Hell... The Muslim Brotherhood deserves it. I even linked to the NYT for all the naysayers. :lol: http://www.nytimes.com/2012/03/24/w...d-united-states-aid-to-egypt-is-restored.html

Last time I heard Terry Jones wasn't a Coptic. That's the movie they were protesting and killing over.

Have you got a link to Terry Jones producing the Coptic film?

They link says they were protesting Terry Jones not that he produced the movie.

The link does not say they were protesting Jones, it says the embassy apologized for him. That was almost as stupid as you saying that they were in danger when the statement was made.

The embassy was desperately trying to save their own lives and he chooses that moment to kick them under the bus.

And then, incredibly, tried to blame the president.

He's an idiot and would be even worse that Bush.

They issued the statement then evacuated the embassy. How, exactly, were their lives in danger?

If anyone threw them under the bus it was Obama when he said the embassy did not clear the release of the statement and that it does not reflect the position of the administration.

Last edited:

Forum List

Back