Romney Refuses To Apologize For Condemning Dead Americans

I can't believe that you dumb rw's are siding with Mittens. I agree that Jones attacks on the US are protected by the first amendment but Mittens was dead wrong to condemn the embassy. They were under fire and terrified for their lives. Who can say they would not have made a similar statement?

But, right or wrong, Mittens is dead wrong to use this in such a shameful way. There's a time and a place for everything.

His attack against the embassy also shows a shocking ignorance of foreign policy.

Tell you what, make a thread condemning Obama for his comments about the embassy statement first, then you can complain about us wingnuts jumping in to defend both Romney and the president for taking a hard line and agreeing with two idiots that know nothing about foreign policy.

Alternatively, you can run away and pretend you never said this.

What was Obama's first response to these attacks?

To attack free speech...

"While the United States rejects efforts to denigrate the religious beliefs of others, we must all unequivocally oppose the kind of senseless violence that took the lives of these public servants," Obama said.*

What I heard is that it was Jones who made the video.

The important point is that Mitt was wrong to attack an America embassy. There is no way you rw's can spin that fact.

Obama's statement was as it always is - measured and appropriate. He did not put Americans at even more risk by getting into a back and forth with Mitt or the video. He DID make it clear that those responsible were in our sights and if you rw's remember, when he has done that before, our enemies have died.

The mistake that MittWitt made was in jumping the gun, criticizing the embassy and then trying to make it about Obama. He should have shut up until he had some idea what he was talking about.

What you heard is wrong, anything beyond that is irrelevant. Can you explain why Romney was wrong, but Obama was right, when they both essentially said the exact same thing?

To attack free speech...

"While the United States rejects efforts to denigrate the religious beliefs of others, we must all unequivocally oppose the kind of senseless violence that took the lives of these public servants," Obama said.*

To sympathize with Muslims who were attacking our embassy.

Sounds like you're pretty scared of them.
By what you say, you KNOW we need to do something about it, but you're just too afraid that you'll have to do something.

Lefties are always saying how we are exaggerating when we condemn Islam. So why are you so worried? I think our military should just fly over and "POOF" they're GONE!

The embassy was desperately trying to save their own lives and he chooses that moment to kick them under the bus.

And then, incredibly, tried to blame the president.

He's an idiot and would be even worse that Bush.

The buck stops at the President. Isn't that what you liberal asswipes have been telling us for a decade?

Don't you blame Bush for 9/11?

No I blame the terrorist. I do condemn President Bush for ignoring the warnings that came from the previous adminstration as well as the CIA.

Just like I blame the fucking puke Religionists who attacked our embassies.

Romeny? He's just an ass-hole trying to capitalize on the tragedy and further inflame his loonie-tunes base. The GOP should condemn his statement and express solidarity with America in this time of tragedy

Several Rs have spoken out against Mittens' irresponsible and unAmerican condemnation of our embassy but apparently, its business as usual for Mitt.

Sounds like you're pretty scared of them.
By what you say, you KNOW we need to do something about it, but you're just too afraid that you'll have to do something.

Lefties are always saying how we are exaggerating when we condemn Islam. So why are you so worried? I think our military should just fly over and "POOF" they're GONE!

Lie.

Intelligent and reasonable people are dead set against blaming innocent people for what terrorists do.

rw's just like spreading hate so it doesn't matter to them whether or not the target of their hate is a terrorist or just an ordinary person.

THAT is the difference between left and right.

I think everyone is jumping the gun with their condemnation of Obama, do these people have some facts or is it just talking points (Try talking points). Heck, even the Dems didn't jump all over GWB after 9/11 until some actual details came out about what "W" was told in a CIA briefing, well then after that finger pointing was everywhere.
And Romney? The guy is clueless about foreign affairs (I'm not saying Obama has a clue either). But it was very un-presidential of him jumping into the fray without detailed facts.
As Washington is helplessly so polarized. we can count on an investigation/hearings by Congress. So why don't we all take a deep breath and chill and wait for actual facts instead of heresy by opponents of Obama? That would be the grown up thing to do.

To attack free speech...

Liar.

Gawd, you idiots never get tired of spreading new lies about our president.

This guy is seriously an awful leader. It's getting dangerous having this guy as President. Time for a change. If that doesn't work then it's time for another change. We don't know Romney can do this job ... but we know Obama can't.

He's the most apallingly bad president I've seen in my 57 years.

It's a funny thing how he is such a bad president yet we are much more respected throughout the world now that he is in office. The GOP answer to every incident in the world is for us to drop bombs or better yet, some of you think we ought to just nuke our enemies.

Oh brother!! Lol!
We've turned into a laughing stock around the world. The other countries know damn well that Obama is going to do NOTHING about it. He never has, never will. I'd like to see some links to ANYTHING that tells us how respected Obama and the US is with other countries, especially the ME!

You're the liar, luddly.

He sided with Islam on 9/11, on a day when our embassy in Egypt was under attack and our flag replaced with the flag of islam.

To attack free speech...

Liar.

Gawd, you idiots never get tired of spreading new lies about our president.

What lies?

To attack free speech...

Wrong, it was to condemn the attacks.

I strongly condemn the outrageous attack on our diplomatic facility in Benghazi, which took the lives of four Americans, including Ambassador Chris Stevens. Right now, the American people have the families of those we lost in our thoughts and prayers. They exemplified America's commitment to freedom, justice, and partnership with nations and people around the globe, and stand in stark contrast to those who callously took their lives.

I have directed my Administration to provide all necessary resources to support the security of our personnel in Libya, and to increase security at our diplomatic posts around the globe. While the United States rejects efforts to denigrate the religious beliefs of others, we must all unequivocally oppose the kind of senseless violence that took the lives of these public servants.

On a personal note, Chris was a courageous and exemplary representative of the United States. Throughout the Libyan revolution, he selflessly served our country and the Libyan people at our mission in Benghazi. As Ambassador in Tripoli, he has supported Libya's transition to democracy. His legacy will endure wherever human beings reach for liberty and justice. I am profoundly grateful for his service to my Administration, and deeply saddened by this loss.

The brave Americans we lost represent the extraordinary service and sacrifices that our civilians make every day around the globe. As we stand united with their families, let us now redouble our own efforts to carry their work forward.

Read more: Obama, Clinton statements on Libya attack - SFGate

Bottom line is that its okay when Mittens politicizes an American tragedy that results in the loss of American lives.

To attack free speech...

Wrong, it was to condemn the attacks.

I strongly condemn the outrageous attack on our diplomatic facility in Benghazi, which took the lives of four Americans, including Ambassador Chris Stevens. Right now, the American people have the families of those we lost in our thoughts and prayers. They exemplified America's commitment to freedom, justice, and partnership with nations and people around the globe, and stand in stark contrast to those who callously took their lives.

I have directed my Administration to provide all necessary resources to support the security of our personnel in Libya, and to increase security at our diplomatic posts around the globe. While the United States rejects efforts to denigrate the religious beliefs of others, we must all unequivocally oppose the kind of senseless violence that took the lives of these public servants.

On a personal note, Chris was a courageous and exemplary representative of the United States. Throughout the Libyan revolution, he selflessly served our country and the Libyan people at our mission in Benghazi. As Ambassador in Tripoli, he has supported Libya's transition to democracy. His legacy will endure wherever human beings reach for liberty and justice. I am profoundly grateful for his service to my Administration, and deeply saddened by this loss.

The brave Americans we lost represent the extraordinary service and sacrifices that our civilians make every day around the globe. As we stand united with their families, let us now redouble our own efforts to carry their work forward.

Read more: Obama, Clinton statements on Libya attack - SFGate

Nope, in the embassy news release, they condemned Americans for insulting Islam.

AFTER the embassy came under attack.

Yesterday we noted that Mitt Romney, down in the polls after the convention, was throwing the kitchen sink at President Obama. Little did we know the kitchen sink would include -- on the anniversary of 9/11 -- one of the most over-the-top and (it turns out) incorrect attacks of the general-election campaign . Last night after 10:00 pm ET, Romney released a statement on the attacks on the U.S. embassies in Egypt and Libya. After saying he was “outraged” by these attacks and the death of an American consulate worker, Romney said, “It's disgraceful that the Obama administration's first response was not to condemn attacks on our diplomatic missions, but to sympathize with those who waged the attacks.” Yet after learning every piece of new information about those attacks, the Romney statement looks worse and worse -- and simply off-key. First, Romney was referring to a statement that the U.S. embassy in Egypt issued condemning the “efforts by misguided individuals to hurt the religious feelings of Muslims.” But that embassy statement, which the White House has distanced itself from, was in reference to an anti-Islam movie and anti-Islam pastor Terry Jones, and it came out BEFORE the embassy attacks began. Then this morning, we learned that the U.S. ambassador to Libya, Chris Stevens, and others died in one of the attacks
First Thoughts: Over the top - First Read

Just saw where Romney is refusing to apologize for his politically motivated statement that the Americans in the Embassy, fearing for their lives, were terrorist sympathizers.

What a pompous self righteous ass Romney is...

Well he wasn't criticizing anyone dead. He was criticizing the Cairo embassy's 'strength in feelings' apology of sorts.

Now some are saying that doesn't fit the timeline, but it does:

US Embassy in Cairo quietly deletes its ‘we stand by our condemnation’ tweet; Update: More deleted tweets! | Twitchy

So wrong.

Bottom line is you are either for America, or for Obama.

It's obvious where the left wing extremists on this board fall...

They condemned crackpot hate speech. The great majority of Libyans are pro USA after we helped them. The fact is the attackers are crackpot Suffist muslims (?) like the ones in Mali, and making this a criminal investigation against the actual criminals is a helluva lot smarter than the RW crackpot reaction of blaming a whole religion., which is the idiocy/bigotry of today's GOP. The criminals used a major protest for their own violence.

Last edited:

Forum List

Back