Romney Plans to Tell Another Lie in Speech Tomorrow

Aug 7, 2012
Romney plans to tell a lie in speech he will give tomorrow:

… I will champion free trade and restore it as a critical element of our strategy, both in the Middle East and across the world. The President has not signed one new free trade agreement in the past four years. I will reverse that failure. I will work with nations around the world that are committed to the principles of free enterprise, expanding existing relationships and establishing new ones.

Oct 21, 2011 10:56am

Obama Signs Free Trade Agreements

President Obama has signed into law the long-awaited free trade agreements with South Korea, Panama and Colombia, as well as the latest trade adjustment assistance for workers.

“These trade agreements will significantly boost American exports, support tens of thousands of American jobs and protect labor rights, the environment and intellectual property,” the White House said in a release previewing today’s signing, which lasted about 15 minutes, according to the pool report.

I guess the operative word here is NEW, all three of the agreements were started under Bush and the dem senate wanted them tweeked before ratification which delayed them until after the Bush term expired. So technically your dear leader has not singed any NEW trade agreements.

But hey, let's not let facts get in the way of good propagandal. Right comrade.

well now they all have crytal balls and can see what someone IS GOING to say:lol:

Romney plans to tell a lie in speech he will give tomorrow:

… I will champion free trade and restore it as a critical element of our strategy, both in the Middle East and across the world. The President has not signed one new free trade agreement in the past four years. I will reverse that failure. I will work with nations around the world that are committed to the principles of free enterprise, expanding existing relationships and establishing new ones.

Oct 21, 2011 10:56am

Obama Signs Free Trade Agreements

President Obama has signed into law the long-awaited free trade agreements with South Korea, Panama and Colombia, as well as the latest trade adjustment assistance for workers.

“These trade agreements will significantly boost American exports, support tens of thousands of American jobs and protect labor rights, the environment and intellectual property,” the White House said in a release previewing today’s signing, which lasted about 15 minutes, according to the pool report.

It was not a lie. THe agreements were not new, they were in the works PRIOR to Obama taking office.

Once again, another epic FAIL thread.

Big surprise.

The three pacts were passed last week after years of debate and delay...

South Korea
Negotiations were announced on February 2, 2006, and concluded on April 1, 2007. The treaty was first signed on June 30, 2007, with a renegotiated version signed in early December 2010.

Panama
The negotiations were officially completed on December 19, 2006, though elements were still to be renegotiated. The agreement was signed on 28 June 2007, and Panama's National Assembly ratified it on the following 11 July, before the twelve hundred page document had been translated into Spanish.
In the 112th U.S. Congress, the ascendancy of the Republican Party in the House of Representative led to new pressures to approve all three pending free trade agreements (Colombia, Panama, and South Korea).
Thank you, GOP!:clap2:

United States
Process in the U.S.President Bush sent legislation to implement the U.S.-Colombia Trade Promotion Agreement to Congress for its approval on April 7, 2007. It was not approved before the end of the Congressional session in December, 2008 or the end of President Bush's term in January, 2009.

President Obama has asked the Office of the U.S. Trade Representative to address outstanding issues in the agreement;[9] however, during a visit from Colombian President Uribe in June, 2009, Obama said he did not have a "strict timetable" to the agreement, as controversy over the safety of Colombian labor leaders continue.[11] U.S. Congress' failure to secure approval of the Colombia Free Trade Agreement has adversely affected bilateral relations between the two nations.[12]

On October 12, 2011 after renegotiating parts of the agreement, it was passed by the House 262-167 and the Senate 66-33. An aid program for displaced workers called Trade Adjustment Assistance (TAA) was also included in the bill.[13][14]

All democrats have left is "Romney lied". In fact, Romney is using this in his own speeches. Which is absolutely masterful. obama has no plan, no vision, obama has nothing except it's Bush's fault and when that started to become a national punch line, it's Romney lied.

What's pathetic is that Obama has been using his own misinterpretations of Romney's plan as Romney's plan.

And of course anything that deviates from that, including Romney's actually plan, is a lie to them.

What's pathetic is that Obama has been using his own misinterpretations of Romney's plan as Romney's plan.

And of course anything that deviates from that, including Romney's actually plan, is a lie to them.

That's their method. They think it will work.

Forum List

Back