Romney Insults English on Olympics

I'd say Rommey has just called a spade a spade. No less; no more.
....Just don't bother asking him what-it-was!!!

[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IbPuCdC2Moo]Romney: I Stand By What I Said Whatever It Was - YouTube[/ame]

323.png

Not nearly as stupid as saying our most important ally can't run an Olympics.

The 57 states was an accidental slip of the tongue and Obama knows how many states there are. Romney actually put some thought into what he said, it was his opinion.

The funny thing is..like so many Obama quotes taken out of context..if you look at the whole thing..he's very tired..and it looks like he was referring to districts...not states.

But if people want to go on thinking that Obama actually thinks there a 57 states..it's okay. He's well like in this country and in most of the world.

Unlike Romney..who, while still being a candidate has had major gaffes with both Russia and England.

LOL, he's well liked..
and it's not like obama hasn't had any major gaffes with other countries. Obama has enough here at home, but you all just poo poo them like you did with the 57 states gaffe
and a comment on the Olympic is now a judge for Foreign policy relations?
pretty shallow don't ya think?

CNN host Piers Morgan appeared on his network with Brooke Baldwin on Thursday where he talked about his interview with Mitt and Ann Romney.

Prior to playing clips of the interview, Morgan was asked about Romney’s comments to NBC where he wondered if London was up to the security challenges that the Olympics will pose. The comments drew sharp criticism from some members of the British press corps. But Morgan shocked when he defended Romney’s comments saying that the presumptive Republican nominee was “absolutely right” to question whether the U.K. was ready for the Olympics.

Baldwin asked Morgan for his thought on Romney saying that he found London’s lack of security preparation for the Olympics “disconcerting.” Morgan said he thought Romney was correct.

“It’s no secret over here that for the last three weeks the security around the Olympics has been a shambles,” said Morgan. “The outside firm they got in to run it has been all over the place – they didn’t have enough people and the army had to be drafted in. So, Mitt Romney was only saying exactly what has been happening.”

“He’s run an Olympics, so I thought he was perfectly entitled to be critical,” Morgan continued. He said that the English press jumped on him because they wanted Romney to “talk us up a bit,” but the substance of Romney’s critique was on point.

“I thought it was a bit of a fuss about nothing,” said Morgan. “He was just speaking the truth which can sometimes be rather unpalatable.”

Piers Morgan - CNN.com Blogs

[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fT6lRReEJtM]Mitt & Ann Romney Interview with Piers Morgan London England (July 26, 2012) [1/3] - YouTube[/ame]

CNN host Piers Morgan appeared on his network with Brooke Baldwin on Thursday where he talked about his interview with Mitt and Ann Romney.

Prior to playing clips of the interview, Morgan was asked about Romney’s comments to NBC where he wondered if London was up to the security challenges that the Olympics will pose. The comments drew sharp criticism from some members of the British press corps. But Morgan shocked when he defended Romney’s comments saying that the presumptive Republican nominee was “absolutely right” to question whether the U.K. was ready for the Olympics.

Baldwin asked Morgan for his thought on Romney saying that he found London’s lack of security preparation for the Olympics “disconcerting.” Morgan said he thought Romney was correct.

“It’s no secret over here that for the last three weeks the security around the Olympics has been a shambles,” said Morgan. “The outside firm they got in to run it has been all over the place – they didn’t have enough people and the army had to be drafted in. So, Mitt Romney was only saying exactly what has been happening.”

“He’s run an Olympics, so I thought he was perfectly entitled to be critical,” Morgan continued. He said that the English press jumped on him because they wanted Romney to “talk us up a bit,” but the substance of Romney’s critique was on point.

“I thought it was a bit of a fuss about nothing,” said Morgan. “He was just speaking the truth which can sometimes be rather unpalatable.”

Piers Morgan - CNN.com Blogs

Mitt & Ann Romney Interview with Piers Morgan London England (July 26, 2012) [1/3] - YouTube

MORGAN: Mitt and Ann Romney. This is PIERS MORGAN TONIGHT. I'm at the old Royal Naval College in London, one of our finest historical and military monuments. Behind me is the Equestrian Centre for the Olympic Games. And the reason that's relevant is that my guests tonight, Mitt Romney and Ann Romney, and Ann Romney has a horse in that race. She actually has a part ownership in Rafalka, which is in the dress hour section of the Olympic equestrian competition.

Tonight, I'll be talking to the Romneys about that and about the election. And, well, just about everything else. Including their very enduring and very touching love story.

Governor and Mrs. Romney, it must feel -- how does it feel to be back at the Olympics? Because the Olympics have been such a huge part of your life. You helped turn around the Salt Lake Olympics. Are you excited to be back here now?

M. ROMNEY: It's great. It's absolutely fabulous. You know I'd never been to an Olympics before I was given the Olympic job. I mean I've done the same thing everybody else did. I watched the games on TV. But to actually be here and to experience not just the athletes but also the volunteers who are working hard and excited, and then the whole community comes together.

It's fabulous. And these games, you know, great weather, enthusiasm on the part of the people here in London. I think you're going to see terrific games that will be long time in our memories.

MORGAN
: You've been slightly criticized for knocking the British enthusiasm. As if you haven't picked up much enthusiasm. You feeling it now?

(LAUGHTER)

M. ROMNEY: Well, I'm delighted to see the kind of support that has been around the torch for instance. I watched last night on BBC an entire program about the torch being run across Great Britain. And the kind of crowds. I guess millions of people that turned out to see the torch. That's what you hope to see.

MORGAN
: I made a fascinating discovery last night, Governor, which is that you are more English than I am. Did you know this?

M. ROMNEY: I did not know that.

MORGAN
: Your great, great, great grandfather, Miles Romney, was born in Preston, Lancashire. My great, great grandfather was born in Ireland. You are technically more English than me.

(LAUGHTER)

M. ROMNEY: Well, I knew that my ancestors came from here. And I know Miles Romney. And Miles Park Romney. These are the folks that came and helped settle the West. But it's -- I didn't realize I was more English than you are but --

(LAUGHTER) MORGAN: Do you feel -- do you feel partly English?

M. ROMNEY: Well, I'm married to a girl from Wales.

MORGAN: Yes.

M. ROMNEY
: And I'm a guy from Great Britain so I'm -- I feel like this is home, too, I guess.

(LAUGHTER)

A. ROMNEY: And I saw a good omen as we were driving in. The road in front the horse park where we're sitting in front of is Romney Road.

MORGAN: Is it really?

A. ROMNEY
: Yes.

(LAUGHTER)

MORGAN: Isn't that extraordinary?

M. ROMNEY
: Yes.

A. ROMNEY: I thought it was quite interesting.

MORGAN: On the Salt Lake, you've used this as an example of your business skills being able to turn things around. And that's been a theme -- well, we'll come to Bain Capital and that later. Why do you think the particular skill set that you had to deploy at the Salt Lake Olympics, which by common consent was a triumphant turnaround? Why would that work with America incorporated?

M. ROMNEY: Well, of course, the Olympics, that's very different than a country. And a business is very different than the country, but people who learn the experience of leadership, whether in their homes, in their community, in their business or in something like the Olympics, those lessons of leadership can be applied to other circumstances.

In our case at the Olympics we faced tough times. We built a strong team. I was able to establish with them a clear vision of what we needed to do. We tackled a budget crisis that we faced. And we were able to come together in a way through unity that produced an extraordinary success.

The country is in need of a turnaround. The Olympics was a turnaround. There are businesses I've been associated with that needed a turnaround. That kind of experience, of focusing on the most critical issue, building the most effective team possible, creating a common vision, unifying around that vision, and then delivering results, is something I think the American people would like to see in our economy right now.

CNN.com - Transcripts

The democrat effort to turn a correct observation into a full blown international incident has fallen flat, like every other democratic effort. The British have already dismissed democrat whineing and moved on to something else.

The democrat effort to turn a correct observation into a full blown international incident has fallen flat, like every other democratic effort. The British have already dismissed democrat whineing and moved on to something else.

they needed something to grab onto, it hasn't been a great couple weeks for Obama..:lol:

The whole idea of the trip is to look Presidential and like he could be a Statesman, he is failing miserably and you are trying to make it look like a liberal conspiracy theory done out of desperation. Well, you are failing too.

Aw, the pussy Brits still pissed off over the Dear Leader removing the Winston Churchill bust from the Oval Office? Seriously, who cares what the Brits think? They're always whining about something. Par for the course.

perhaps he'll give the queen and ipod to???

how bout a bow wow???

the source:

The Jackson Free Press, referred to often as simply "JFP", is an alternative weekly newspaper in Jackson, Mississippi founded in 2002 by Mississippi native Donna Ladd, author and technology expert Todd Stauffer and a group of young Jacksonians wanting a progressive voice in the state

why doesn't the MSM carry it??? cause its a total fake just like the dumb fuck OP :D

Last edited:
I wonder how the tax exempt Media Matters is enjoying their vacation in England cherry picking every word Romney says?

Do liberals ever read the threads, I love how you guys post shit and think you just discovered it, it's been discussed, he angered the British, whoop de do, this is your campaign, hope Romney says something stupid? Oh that's right, you dont want to run on Obama's record or the issues, because you'll lose.
Yeah, I read them. Presidential elections are a free-fire zone for venting their spleens after reading all that hatespeech at popular libby mean arenas like Huffnpuff Post, Salondotcom, and the NYTimes. :rolleyes:

It's no wonder they lather at the mouth like a cottonmouth defending its lair.

As we can see Romney's mouth does not have a censor. And this is with an ally. I wonder how quickly Romney could get us into an armed conflict with a middle east visit? People complain about obama who does very well without a teleprompter when visiting foreign countries, yet it would seem Romney needs a pre-written script because every time he tries to go and speak on his own he is insulting foreign people, insulting local people, and showing he pretty much has no class or idea of polite manners. I could expect this from a fox news entertainer, but from the president of the US this is abysmal.

You mean like the US has 57 states?

The 57 states was an accidental slip of the tongue and Obama knows how many states there are. Romney actually put some thought into what he said, it was his opinion.
It's a testament to President Obama that the ONLY evidence of a gaffe in all this time, is this same old tired "57 States" incident from 4 years ago in the past.

Last edited:
The Brits are just pissy because they've become a small insignificant island nation. Without us, the rest of the world would just laugh at em. They're a long long way from their Glory Days. We fight most of their battles now. Personally, i'm not a big fan. They are the most meddlesome Nation on Earth. They're always interfering in other Nations' affairs. Unfortunately, we're not far behind them in that regard. So if the Brits are whining about this, i say WTG Mitt! Nice job. :)

As we can see Romney's mouth does not have a censor. And this is with an ally. I wonder how quickly Romney could get us into an armed conflict with a middle east visit? People complain about obama who does very well without a teleprompter when visiting foreign countries, yet it would seem Romney needs a pre-written script because every time he tries to go and speak on his own he is insulting foreign people, insulting local people, and showing he pretty much has no class or idea of polite manners. I could expect this from a fox news entertainer, but from the president of the US this is abysmal.

its a testament to obama that the only evident of a gaffe is this same old tired 57 states incident from 4 years ago in the past

yeah, and this "gaffe" didn't upset you folks either..he can't pronounce the branches of our military

[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZlKIfzoC8D0]Dangers of TOTUS: Obama Reads Word "Corpsman" as "Corpse Man" Twice - YouTube[/ame]

Forum List

Back