Romney Insults English on Olympics

LONDON (AP) — Republican presidential candidate Mitt Romney caused a stir in Britain on Thursday by questioning whether the country is prepared to host the Olympic Games without a hitch and scheduling a fundraiser with the former head of a troubled bank.
Romney Insults English on Olympics | Jackson Free Press | Jackson, MS

Who blasted Obama for fund raising over seas?:eusa_boohoo:

Not this again ?

By the way, the REAL insult came from the British PM, when he refered to Salt Lake City, as the "middle of nowhere".
But of course the good lib that you are that is fine and dandy.

Utah is the middle of nowhere.

LONDON (AP) — Republican presidential candidate Mitt Romney caused a stir in Britain on Thursday by questioning whether the country is prepared to host the Olympic Games without a hitch and scheduling a fundraiser with the former head of a troubled bank.

Not this again ?

By the way, the REAL insult came from the British PM, when he refered to Salt Lake City, as the "middle of nowhere".

I'd call "Salt Lake City" the "Asshole of Creation", which makes it just perfect to be the seat of the Mormon Cult...

Gonna be pretty shocking & hilarious once the Obamabots realize their Dear Leader despises the Brits. The Bots are anything but informed voters. So stay tuned for those Obamabot crashes. Should be fun.

The "Mr. Leader" comment was funny, but that fact he misspoke actually makes him more human; that hair kind of gets odd after a time. The man NEVER has one hair out of place.

I thought all you PaulBots crawled under whatever rock we found you under...

Oh, go suck a crumpet from some dirty Brit's arsehole. Enjoy. :)

I work for a British company. They aren't nearly the dicks the Americans I've worked for are.

Ahh, they're whiny pussies for the most part. And they're always poking their nose in every nations' business. They really do incite and cause most of the problems around the Globe. Not a big fan.

The Wingnuts really think this guy can get to November without saying something really, really stupid.
We already know that Obama can't.

I just have one question for people who get offended by this.

Would you rather he lied and said everything the UK has fucked up, is just hunky dori?

The Wingnuts really think this guy can get to November without saying something really, really stupid.

Would you rather he lied and said everything the UK has fucked up, is just hunky dori?

I would rather he kept his mouth shut.

If something goes badly, that's the British's problem. Because in a month, no one will care. Just like no one cares about that corrupt 2002 Olympics he had to save on the taxpayers dime because his fellow Mormon Cultists bribed officials to get an Olympics they didn't deserve.

Instead, he's created a diplomatic incident with our most important ally by insulting something they worked very hard on and take a lot of pride in.

I would rather he kept his mouth shut.

If something goes badly, that's the British's problem. Because in a month, no one will care. Just like no one cares about that corrupt 2002 Olympics he had to save on the taxpayers dime because his fellow Mormon Cultists bribed officials to get an Olympics they didn't deserve.

Instead, he's created a diplomatic incident with our most important ally by insulting something they worked very hard on and take a lot of pride in.
That's what Charles Krauthammer said, too.

Not this again ?

I'd call "Salt Lake City" the "Asshole of Creation", which makes it just perfect to be the seat of the Mormon Cult...

So why isn't your screen name "Salt Lake City" then?

You mean like the US has 57 states?

Not nearly as stupid as saying our most important ally can't run an Olympics.

The 57 states was an accidental slip of the tongue and Obama knows how many states there are. Romney actually put some thought into what he said, it was his opinion.

The comments were supposedly made during an NBC interview.

Romney said some of the recent developments in London were disconcerting.

How dare he.

Course Obama's media won't show the comments so we can acertain proper context. I wonder if this is the same interview where Brian Williams asked if it was true Mitt was planning on picking a "Boring White Guy" for VP, an obvious insult to which Romney responded "you're not available".

Seems to be media driven and a total set-up.

Oh, and I started a thread on this subject yesterday afternoon.

Last edited:
I guess they better hope Romney isn't right..

and from what I've heard, they aren't doing a bang up job..

oh well, petty

The 57 states was an accidental slip of the tongue and Obama knows how many states there are. Romney actually put some thought into what he said, it was his opinion.

The funny thing is..like so many Obama quotes taken out of context..if you look at the whole thing..he's very tired..and it looks like he was referring to districts...not states.

But if people want to go on thinking that Obama actually thinks there a 57 states..it's okay. He's well like in this country and in most of the world.

Unlike Romney..who, while still being a candidate has had major gaffes with both Russia and England.

Just as Obama put thought into is rip into small businesses.

What Romney said was true, however something's are better left unsaid.

But this is much to do about nothing, we have bigger issues than this.

We all need to focus on the economy, jobs, taxes, exploding debt, taxes, tax cuts, spending cuts, (whatever happened to those?) gas prices, inflation, interest rates the housing market, closing Gitmo, repealing the Patriot Act and other issues.

Forum List

Back