Romney, another Obama???

You're right about the people being damned angry about 9.1% unemployment rate, $3.50 gasoline, and their home values dropping 50%. But the people are also smarter than you think. They rightfully place the blame on the obstructionist GOP congress and the continuing BUSH recession.

Public Likes Obama Jobs Plan Even If Congress Doesn’t « Alan Colmes' Liberaland

YOu can tell yourself that, but no one is going to buy it.

Even I am fair enough to admit Bush deserves his share of the blame.

But you know what? Bush isn't running this time. Obama is.

"I can't solve the problems" isn't an argument... and it's pretty clear to most people he can't.

The only saving grace is that all the Republicans are kind of weak right now. But do you really think people are going to be patient with another year of worsening economic conditions?

And I have said before that if the GOP was smart (I know, it's an oxymoron) they would let Obama have whatever he wants. Then if the economy continued going south then Obama would get all the blame. But since they won't Obama gets to demonize them.

It's exactly the same way Clinton rammed it up the GOP's ass with the government shut down and the MILLIONS of dollars the GOP forced to be spent on an office blowjob.

And the GOP got their asses KICKED in the court of public opinion both times.

And I have said before that if the GOP was smart (I know, it's an oxymoron) they would let Obama have whatever he wants. Then if the economy continued going south then Obama would get all the blame. But since they won't Obama gets to demonize them.

It's exactly the same way Clinton rammed it up the GOP's ass with the government shut down and the MILLIONS of dollars the GOP forced to be spent on an office blowjob.

And the GOP got their asses KICKED in the court of public opinion both times.

A lot of flaws in that analogy.

Clinton was saved by the fact the economy got a lot better by 1996. It had nothing to do with how much he stood up to the Republicans.

But if you want to look at Clinton as a success story, keep in mind, he did something called "Triangulation". He co-opted parts of the GOP agenda that were popular while opposing the unpopular things.

Also, Really, Obama doesn't have a tenth of Clinton's political skills.

(Ah, Jesus, I'm using Clinton as a good example now?)

...but Gary got black balled & Ron censored so it does not look good for my pick of choice,

I'm not picking on Mitt Romney, I'm really not. I'm just trying to figure out what he has that makes him desirable to the small government GOP crowd. From what I have heard from Mitt has nothing to do with downsizing the federal government at all. Mitt talks about streamlining the federal government just as Herman Cain talks about streamlining the fed reserve, but that's like streamlining cancer... why eliminate a cancerous tumor when you can streamline the tumor & still get off playing with the cancerous tumor???
The only thing I can think of is that the GOP & Independent constituency get off on big government as much or more than the DNC constituency. If this is true why not merge the political entities mentioned above & call it the Republocratic Independent Party(RIP). Then the Constitutionally based 3rd parties could merge & form into a 2nd party called the Constitutional American Party(CAP).
The reason I fled the DNC for the GOP was ever & ever bigger government. The reason I fled the GOP for the Libertarian party was ever & ever bigger government. Though I support the concept of minarchy...

Minarchism - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

...I in no way support anarchy. Is it possible that the DNC/GOP & Independents are all lovers of big government statism???? Or maybe it's what is now called "Not In My Back Yard"(NIMBYism)... "yeah cut the other guys g'vment benniies but NOT MINE." This Mitt Romney worship going around in the GOP/Independents has me baffled. Anyone with an opinion on Mitt Romney's current popularity???

I can only hope that, like me, clear-thinking republicans don't really give Mitt much credence.

I'm imagining a Gingrich/Cain ticket.
:cool:

...big government brick wall we Libertarians did. I though that they had a chance with congresswoman Bachmann at the helm... UNTIL 'Bachy' flipped out & went bAnAnAs on them. The Tea Party movement had early on been heavily infiltrated with both neocons & lefties that left the movement a bunch of disorganized renegades on a witch hunt. The Tea Party group will end up with bigger government than ever as the Tea Party movement slips into forgotten history.

I'm not picking on Mitt Romney, I'm really not. I'm just trying to figure out what he has that makes him desirable to the small government GOP crowd. From what I have heard from Mitt has nothing to do with downsizing the federal government at all. Mitt talks about streamlining the federal government just as Herman Cain talks about streamlining the fed reserve, but that's like streamlining cancer... why eliminate a cancerous tumor when you can streamline the tumor & still get off playing with the cancerous tumor???
The only thing I can think of is that the GOP & Independent constituency get off on big government as much or more than the DNC constituency. If this is true why not merge the political entities mentioned above & call it the Republocratic Independent Party(RIP). Then the Constitutionally based 3rd parties could merge & form into a 2nd party called the Constitutional American Party(CAP).
The reason I fled the DNC for the GOP was ever & ever bigger government. The reason I fled the GOP for the Libertarian party was ever & ever bigger government. Though I support the concept of minarchy...

Minarchism - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

...I in no way support anarchy. Is it possible that the DNC/GOP & Independents are all lovers of big government statism???? Or maybe it's what is now called "Not In My Back Yard"(NIMBYism)... "yeah cut the other guys g'vment benniies but NOT MINE." This Mitt Romney worship going around in the GOP/Independents has me baffled. Anyone with an opinion on Mitt Romney's current popularity???
Romney is looking past the primary to the general election. He hopes to pick up a lot of disgruntled Democrats as well as realists on both sides of the fence that know that the Tea Party vision of a small federal government is unrealistic and will never happen.

Pretty much. Romney has more real world experience on economic issues. Otherwise they're very similar. I guess it comes down to who you feel will do better on economic issues. I give Romney an edge on the economy. But he has a big government streak in him too. Not much of a choice but what else is new?

New Topics

Forum List

Back