Romney, another Obama???

BOBO

The Magnificent!
Jun 24, 2011
Spokane area
I'm not picking on Mitt Romney, I'm really not. I'm just trying to figure out what he has that makes him desirable to the small government GOP crowd. From what I have heard from Mitt has nothing to do with downsizing the federal government at all. Mitt talks about streamlining the federal government just as Herman Cain talks about streamlining the fed reserve, but that's like streamlining cancer... why eliminate a cancerous tumor when you can streamline the tumor & still get off playing with the cancerous tumor???
The only thing I can think of is that the GOP & Independent constituency get off on big government as much or more than the DNC constituency. If this is true why not merge the political entities mentioned above & call it the Republocratic Independent Party(RIP). Then the Constitutionally based 3rd parties could merge & form into a 2nd party called the Constitutional American Party(CAP).
The reason I fled the DNC for the GOP was ever & ever bigger government. The reason I fled the GOP for the Libertarian party was ever & ever bigger government. Though I support the concept of minarchy...

Minarchism - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

...I in no way support anarchy. Is it possible that the DNC/GOP & Independents are all lovers of big government statism???? Or maybe it's what is now called "Not In My Back Yard"(NIMBYism)... "yeah cut the other guys g'vment benniies but NOT MINE." This Mitt Romney worship going around in the GOP/Independents has me baffled. Anyone with an opinion on Mitt Romney's current popularity???

I'm not picking on Mitt Romney, I'm really not. I'm just trying to figure out what he has that makes him desirable to the small government GOP crowd. From what I have heard from Mitt has nothing to do with downsizing the federal government at all. Mitt talks about streamlining the federal government just as Herman Cain talks about streamlining the fed reserve, but that's like streamlining cancer... why eliminate a cancerous tumor when you can streamline the tumor & still get off playing with the cancerous tumor???
The only thing I can think of is that the GOP & Independent constituency get off on big government as much or more than the DNC constituency. If this is true why not merge the political entities mentioned above & call it the Republocratic Independent Party(RIP). Then the Constitutionally based 3rd parties could merge & form into a 2nd party called the Constitutional American Party(CAP).
The reason I fled the DNC for the GOP was ever & ever bigger government. The reason I fled the GOP for the Libertarian party was ever & ever bigger government. Though I support the concept of minarchy...

...I in no way support anarchy. Is it possible that the DNC/GOP & Independents are all lovers of big government statism???? Or maybe it's what is now called "Not In My Back Yard"(NIMBYism)... "yeah cut the other guys g'vment benniies but NOT MINE." This Mitt Romney worship going around in the GOP/Independents has me baffled. Anyone with an opinion on Mitt Romney's current popularity???

HEAR! HEAR! I couldn’t agree more. Give that man a round of applause.

I think the only reason why some Republicans support Romney is that they've bought into the meme that he can beat Obama, and they want to beat Obama for the sake of beating Obama, not necessarily to undo his policies or change the course signifigantly.

And understandable, they've been hating for three years, they can't think straight.

The problem is, the reasoning is flawed. If you run a guy who believes in the same things, you aren't presenting a contrast, you are just advocating for more of the same. You've essentially conceded the argument.

I just like him because he's white. Seeing all the black people who are beaming with pride simply because the president's race is 50% black makes me jealous, I wanna be proud of a white man in the oval office!!!! Thats fair, right?

• Thanks
Reactions: 007
Romney is all the GOP's got, unless someone else declares his candidacy. He'll lose to Obama though.

Gonna miss all those states that get lost as a result of government "streamlining". Well then again, who'd miss Texas?

I'm not picking on Mitt Romney, I'm really not. I'm just trying to figure out what he has that makes him desirable to the small government GOP crowd.

You need to put this in context.

That Romney will be the GOP nominee is indicative of the fact that the ‘small government GOP crowd’ is a permanent minority, forever on the fringe and forever irrelevant.

The vast majority of republicans have no desire for ‘small government,’ they correctly perceive it as naïve reactionaryism; indeed, the previous administration spent eight years working hard to expand the government and accumulate greater authority for the Imperial Presidency.

I'm not picking on Mitt Romney, I'm really not. I'm just trying to figure out what he has that makes him desirable to the small government GOP crowd.

That Romney will be the GOP nominee is indicative of the fact that the ‘small government GOP crowd’ is a permanent minority, forever on the fringe and forever irrelevant.

The vast majority of republicans have no desire for ‘small government,’ they correctly perceive it as naïve reactionaryism; indeed, the previous administration spent eight years working hard to expand the government and accumulate greater authority for the Imperial Presidency.

There is a caveat to that. The part of government Republicans want to make small is the regulatory infrastructure and anything helpful to the "99%" of Americans. They have no desire to shut down the Military/Industrial/Energy complex that keeps stuffing the pockets of the 1%.

It's the ole "MY TEAM" mentality for sure. The GROUPTHINK crowd has to support the picked leader or risk being alienated from the 'herd'. Your right too about hating & not thinking straight. I mean they have Ron Paul & Gary Johnson(a PROVEN candidate) that will lead them down the road to Constitutional government... but no, they pick a candidate like Romney!!!
I support both Gary Johnson & Ron Paul as they will steer the GOP AWAY from big government neoconism & corporate welfare. Gary was considered such a threat to the neocons that early on they marginalized him then completely censored him. Ron has been getting censored also which outta tell the GOP constituency that there's something rotten in the GOP organization in general.
Heck, why waste time with Mitt Romney when we have his twin already in the White House??? You gave a super answer for sure Big Joe!!!

I think the only reason why some Republicans support Romney is that they've bought into the meme that he can beat Obama, and they want to beat Obama for the sake of beating Obama, not necessarily to undo his policies or change the course signifigantly.

And understandable, they've been hating for three years, they can't think straight.

The problem is, the reasoning is flawed. If you run a guy who believes in the same things, you aren't presenting a contrast, you are just advocating for more of the same. You've essentially conceded the argument.

Actually, Republicans are making the same mistake that Democrats made in 2004. Throw principles out the window, nominate a guy who looks like he can win on paper, so long as no one looks too close.

And quite the contrary, the reason most Republicans came to resent Bush was because he didn't follow through on making government smaller. But government is going to be made smaller now no matter who wins, just by terms of pure economy. We can't afford government this big anymore.

The GOP constituency is up to their eyes in big government! The ONLY 'diff' between the GOP/DNC constituency s the DNC constituency admits they want big government, & the GOP constituency beats around the "BUSH" about it!!!!!!

I would not call him Desirable, He is not my first choice. However I suspect he would be much More Fiscally Conservative, and less about expanding Federal Power. Than the Current Occupant of the WH. Much more.

I would not call him Desirable, He is not my first choice. However I suspect he would be much More Fiscally Conservative, and less about expanding Federal Power. Than the Current Occupant of the WH. Much more.
HE might be better...as for NOW? HE is suspect for ROMNEYCARE in the State of Massechussetts....which Obama has used as his MODEL...

I don't trust him at all..

...off faster than an unlimited nuclear exchange. It's a proven fact that the human animal cannot survive in captivity, & regulatory government IS CAPTIVITY! Your right tho about the military industrial complex. War for personal gain has been long over regarding mankind in general. The M/I complex knows this & manipulates aggression politically to further their agenda of parasitic wealth.

There is a caveat to that. The part of government Republicans want to make small is the regulatory infrastructure and anything helpful to the "99%" of Americans. They have no desire to shut down the Military/Industrial/Energy complex that keeps stuffing the pockets of the 1%.

...language. I'd simply say the GOP constituency thinks Mitt is hot shit on a gold platter, why's both U & me know that Mitt's cold turds on a paper plate!

ROMNEY is a Statist POLISHED turd...ON HIS SECOND GO AROUND.

You can hardly differentiate Romney and Obama:

Romney: Romneycare
Obama: Obamacare

Romney: Signed a so called "Assault Weapons" ban in Mass, stated he would sign one as president.
Obama: Pushed for a renewal of the federal "Assault Weapons" ban.

Romney: Raised revenues in Mass. to balance the budget.
Obama: Wants to raise revenues to cut the federal deficit.

Romney: Was pro-abortion when he was governor.
Obama: Pro-abortion as president.

Romney: Claims he couldn't get his policies passed in the opposition controlled Mass. legislature.
Obama: Claims he can't get his agenda passed in the opposition controlled congress.

Romney: Claims he is anti illegal immigration, but did nothing while governor...not even cracking down on sanctuary cities in Mass.
Obama: Claims he is anti illegal immigration...at least has increased deportation.

Wait...wait, I found one difference...Romney has an "R" after his name on the ballot...thank g-d, THAT changes everything. :rolleyes:

Last edited:
... & YES, many Bush supporters were simply outraged at the GWB man, especially his big government performance & corporate welfare tactics in the second term. I was not surprised for being a Libertarian I could see what was coming. What got to me was president Obama kept the war machine on track... & the anti war Dem constituency supported him!!!
Regarding Mitt Romney I have to agree with the link below somewhat...

Democrats Seek To Frame Mitt Romney As John Kerry In 2004

...as Mitt is at best a political opportunist.

I still see government growing in the USA even if it means going to a cashless society where people are assigned jobs under mandatory work laws. Once government is riding on the back of the lion they are afraid to dismount!

Actually, Republicans are making the same mistake that Democrats made in 2004. Throw principles out the window, nominate a guy who looks like he can win on paper, so long as no one looks too close.

And quite the contrary, the reason most Republicans came to resent Bush was because he didn't follow through on making government smaller. But government is going to be made smaller now no matter who wins, just by terms of pure economy. We can't afford government this big anymore.

Rick will change party's on ya faster than a whore changes lovers!

You can hardly differentiate Romney and Obama:

Romney: Romneycare
Obama: Obamacare

Romney: Signed a so called "Assault Weapons" ban in Mass, stated he would sign one as president.
Obama: Pushed for a renewal of the federal "Assault Weapons" ban.

Romney: Raised revenues in Mass. to balance the budget.
Obama: Wants to raise revenues to cut the federal deficit.

Romney: Was pro-abortion when he was governor.
Obama: Pro-abortion as president.

Romney: Claims he couldn't get his policies passed in the opposition controlled Mass. legislature.
Obama: Claims he can't get his agenda passed in the opposition controlled congress.

Romney: Claims he is anti illegal immigration, but did nothing while governor...not even cracking down on sanctuary cities in Mass.
Obama: Claims he is anti illegal immigration...at least has increased deportation.

Wait...wait, I found one difference...Romney has an "R" after his name on the ballot...thank g-d, THAT changes everything. :rolleyes:

Forum List

Back