Romney, another Obama???

Rick will change party's on ya faster than a whore changes lovers!

You can hardly differentiate Romney and Obama:

Romney: Romneycare
Obama: Obamacare

Romney: Signed a so called "Assault Weapons" ban in Mass, stated he would sign one as president.
Obama: Pushed for a renewal of the federal "Assault Weapons" ban.

Romney: Raised revenues in Mass. to balance the budget.
Obama: Wants to raise revenues to cut the federal deficit.

Romney: Was pro-abortion when he was governor.
Obama: Pro-abortion as president.

Romney: Claims he couldn't get his policies passed in the opposition controlled Mass. legislature.
Obama: Claims he can't get his agenda passed in the opposition controlled congress.

Romney: Claims he is anti illegal immigration, but did nothing while governor...not even cracking down on sanctuary cities in Mass.
Obama: Claims he is anti illegal immigration...at least has increased deportation.

Wait...wait, I found one difference...Romney has an "R" after his name on the ballot...thank g-d, THAT changes everything. :rolleyes:

You must be from the North.

My Democrat Governor here in Missouri, Jay Nixon...who I am supporting in the upcoming election BTW...if far more conservative than Mitt Romney.

I voted for Congressmen Ike Skelton (D) for twenty years...he was a Southern Blue Dog Democrat.

I'd vote for a Southern Democrat over Olympia Snow, or Scott Brown or Mitt Romney every day of the week and twice on Sunday.

Rick Perry was a Southern Democrat...not a liberal. Huge difference.

I'm not picking on Mitt Romney, I'm really not. I'm just trying to figure out what he has that makes him desirable to the small government GOP crowd. From what I have heard from Mitt has nothing to do with downsizing the federal government at all. Mitt talks about streamlining the federal government just as Herman Cain talks about streamlining the fed reserve, but that's like streamlining cancer... why eliminate a cancerous tumor when you can streamline the tumor & still get off playing with the cancerous tumor???
The only thing I can think of is that the GOP & Independent constituency get off on big government as much or more than the DNC constituency. If this is true why not merge the political entities mentioned above & call it the Republocratic Independent Party(RIP). Then the Constitutionally based 3rd parties could merge & form into a 2nd party called the Constitutional American Party(CAP).
The reason I fled the DNC for the GOP was ever & ever bigger government. The reason I fled the GOP for the Libertarian party was ever & ever bigger government. Though I support the concept of minarchy...

Minarchism - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

...I in no way support anarchy. Is it possible that the DNC/GOP & Independents are all lovers of big government statism???? Or maybe it's what is now called "Not In My Back Yard"(NIMBYism)... "yeah cut the other guys g'vment benniies but NOT MINE." This Mitt Romney worship going around in the GOP/Independents has me baffled. Anyone with an opinion on Mitt Romney's current popularity???

I would not call him Desirable, He is not my first choice. However I suspect he would be much More Fiscally Conservative, and less about expanding Federal Power. Than the Current Occupant of the WH. Much more.
HE might be better...as for NOW? HE is suspect for ROMNEYCARE in the State of Massechussetts....which Obama has used as his MODEL...

I don't trust him at all..

Well, I can't say I don't agree, but then what are you going to do if he gets the Nomination? Vote for Obama? Or A 3rd candidate which is basically the same as Voting for Obama?

I mean, I know they say this every time, but I think it has never been more true. We can not afford 4 More years of This Administration. I don't want to risk Obama winning trying to get a More Pure Conservative into office. The key to beating Obama is the Independents, and the Key to winning them is not Nominating a Hard Core Social Conservative. Period.

Last edited:
Makes no difference who the Republicans run.

They are going to lose.

Keep telling yourself that.

Keep telling yourself that people aren't damned angry about the community organizer and his 9.1% unemployment rate, his $3.50 gasoline, their home values dropping 50%, and his smelly hippy followers harrassing them while they are trying to work.

Keep telling yourself that, because I know that you really need to believe it.

• Thanks
Reactions: 007

They are going to lose.

Keep telling yourself that people aren't damned angry about the community organizer and his 9.1% unemployment rate, his $3.50 gasoline, their home values dropping 50%, and his smelly hippy followers harrassing them while they are trying to work.

You're right about the people being damned angry about 9.1% unemployment rate, $3.50 gasoline, and their home values dropping 50%. But the people are also smarter than you think. They rightfully place the blame on the obstructionist GOP congress and the continuing BUSH recession.

Public Likes Obama Jobs Plan Even If Congress Doesn’t « Alan Colmes' Liberaland

I'm not picking on Mitt Romney, I'm really not. I'm just trying to figure out what he has that makes him desirable to the small government GOP crowd. From what I have heard from Mitt has nothing to do with downsizing the federal government at all. Mitt talks about streamlining the federal government just as Herman Cain talks about streamlining the fed reserve, but that's like streamlining cancer... why eliminate a cancerous tumor when you can streamline the tumor & still get off playing with the cancerous tumor???
The only thing I can think of is that the GOP & Independent constituency get off on big government as much or more than the DNC constituency. If this is true why not merge the political entities mentioned above & call it the Republocratic Independent Party(RIP). Then the Constitutionally based 3rd parties could merge & form into a 2nd party called the Constitutional American Party(CAP).
The reason I fled the DNC for the GOP was ever & ever bigger government. The reason I fled the GOP for the Libertarian party was ever & ever bigger government. Though I support the concept of minarchy...

...I in no way support anarchy. Is it possible that the DNC/GOP & Independents are all lovers of big government statism???? Or maybe it's what is now called "Not In My Back Yard"(NIMBYism)... "yeah cut the other guys g'vment benniies but NOT MINE." This Mitt Romney worship going around in the GOP/Independents has me baffled. Anyone with an opinion on Mitt Romney's current popularity???

Because the "small government GOP crowd" is a myth. What the wingnuts really want is a big, activist government that intrudes on the personal freedoms of ordinary Americans.

If they truly believed in a smaller, more efficient government that reigns in federal spending and personal freedom they would be pushing to put Bill Clinton on Mount Rushmore. Because nobody did it better than he, including Reagan.

Last edited:

They are going to lose.

You're right about the people being damned angry about 9.1% unemployment rate, $3.50 gasoline, and their home values dropping 50%. But the people are also smarter than you think. They rightfully place the blame on the obstructionist GOP congress and the continuing BUSH recession.

Raining here... what's the weather like on your planet? ... :eusa_eh:

Fucking moron.

Last edited:

YOu can tell yourself that, but no one is going to buy it.

Even I am fair enough to admit Bush deserves his share of the blame.

But you know what? Bush isn't running this time. Obama is.

"I can't solve the problems" isn't an argument... and it's pretty clear to most people he can't.

The only saving grace is that all the Republicans are kind of weak right now. But do you really think people are going to be patient with another year of worsening economic conditions?

...early 70's, with that hippy statement. I was just waiting for someone to bring this comparison up. I seen this EXACT SAME THING back in 68' thru the early 70's. Short of the Jesus freaks movement this big government/military industrial complex war machine & OWS demo's are like stepping back in a time machine for me. Tell me that history does not repeat itself!!!

They are going to lose.

President Clinton did the least amount of damage of any administration since the Johnson presidency. The Reagan administration had some good points for sure but buried us in the Military/Industrial complex debt on his way through. The Obama admin is just carrying on what the Bushwhacker admin started. Short of Gary Johnson & Ron Paul it appears that the fed reserve/world bank owns the entire DNC/GOP apparatus. The junior Bush admin did more damage to individual liberties than any other administration since the Wilson administration.

Because the "small government GOP crowd" is a myth. What the wingnuts really want is a big, activist government that intrudes on the personal freedoms of ordinary Americans.

If they truly believed in a smaller, more efficient government that reigns in federal spending and personal freedom they would be pushing to put Bill Clinton on Mount Rushmore. Because nobody did it better than he, including Reagan.

I can only hope that, like me, clear-thinking republicans don't really give Mitt much credence.

I'm imagining a Gingrich/Cain ticket.
:cool:

Being from Massachusetts, Mitt isn't quite as bad, but bad enough...

[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LpKJEohuick]Romney Thanks "Collaborator and Friend" Ted Kennedy at RomneyCare Signing - YouTube[/ame]

Romney is looking past the primary to the general election. He hopes to pick up a lot of disgruntled Democrats as well as realists on both sides of the fence that know that the Tea Party vision of a small federal government is unrealistic and will never happen.

Fucking moron.

Ooooohhhhh.......I guess you really told me. :eusa_whistle:

Read the polls, dickhead. As bad as the numbers are for Obama they are even WORSE for the Congressional GOP. I suppose that you can believe whatever you want on your planet but here on earth the truth and backing up your beliefs go a long way.

Fucking moron.

Ooooohhhhh.......I guess you really told me. :eusa_whistle:

Read the polls, dickhead. As bad as the numbers are for Obama they are even WORSE for the Congressional GOP. I suppose that you can believe whatever you want on your planet but here on earth the truth and backing up your beliefs go a long way.

For this to have any real meaning, you need to post the last time congressional approval exceeded the presidents.

We will wait, but not holding out any type of hope.:lol:

Forum List

Back