Romney and GOP in Panic After Unemployment drops to 7.8%

For starters, we founded it. The founding fathers were very close to libertarians and bear almost no resemblance to today's two major parties in any way.

That is true. The Founders, to a man, were classical liberals which was the original definition of libertarian. Modern day Libertarians (the party, not the ideology) and modern day liberals bear little resemblance to the Founders most heartflet beliefs and convictions.

What we have here on this board are the fringes of the Democrat Party.

These aren't the "Moms and Pops" of America who once populated the Democrat Party.

Today that party is hijacked by the "give me" loons. The "what have you done for me lately" crowd. Sad but true.

And unfortunately most of the old guard Republicans are little better. They all talk the talk but few walk the walk and they get sucked into the Washington genie mentality in which their own power, prestige, influence, and personal fortune takes precedence over what is best for the country. And they won't rock the boat in a way that could cost them anything personally. Because they pretend to represent us libertarians (make that modern American conservatives) they do some better than the more liberal Democrats, but even though they are doing it a bit more slowly, they are still taking the country to hell in a hand basket.

The Tea Party and groups like it are doing their damndest to get true reformers and public servants back into those offices. I only wish we could get a little bit of help from the mainstream media that is doing its damndest to demonize that effort.

A good start would be them giving all of us the real skinny on that 7.8% unemployment rate they put out there today. But I'm not holding my breath.

Why should Americans rejoice at a lower participation rate.

So democrats can make false claims....???

IE......................LYING THROUGH IMPLYING

114,000 new jobs in addition to the recently adjusted numbers for July and August

Good news for America/Bad news for those rooting for the economy to fail

THEY WERE ADJUSTED DOWN DUFUS...............:badgrin:
they were adjusted UP 86,000
:asshole:

Employment Situation Summary

The change in total nonfarm payroll employment for July was revised from +141,000 to +181,000, and the change for August was revised from +96,000 to +142,000.

Mitt Romney didn’t just beat Obama on Wednesday night. He also beat the liberal media. So great was his performance that liberal journalists simply had to concede the President’s defeat – a humiliation for an industry that has spent several years setting Obama up as the wisest, most eloquent, most popular politician since FDR

To the white, liberal New England elitists, nothing can make someone smarter than agreeing with them...

The guy has never had an original idea. He will talk "black" and use race baiting warfare, but what has he actually done for blacks? What about these ideas:

- Lower the minimum wage to increase unemployment, which is heavily disproportionately high among blacks, particularly young blacks, and even more so inner city young blacks.

- Lower taxes on businesses so they increase hiring and the wealthy so they increase investment?

- End taxes on companies repatriating dollars so they invest it in the United States.

- Advocate vouchers so black parents can get their kids out of failing schools in bad neighborhoods.

All liberal policies do is incent dependency and then increase the people who need liberal policies, there is nothing that helps blacks in that. There is nothing in fact that any of his white, liberal, New England elitist puppet masters would object to. Someone who's trying to help blacks doing it by doing zero that would make a white elitists uncomfortable is a pathetically shallow lie.

Romney and GOP in Panic After Unemployment drops to 7.8%

Sesame Street is brought to you today by the number 7.8, and by the letters W, for "Willard," and B, for "bummer."

95a7574996fb4f15b65727b.png

e88f8594d73e4316a80317d.png

Should read:

Obama and the Dems in panic as even more people give up looking for jobs and drop out of the workforce.

Over 800,000 people did not drop out of the workforce. The number of 7.8 was pulled right out of Hilda Solis' ass.

Sesame Street is brought to you today by the number 7.8, and by the letters W, for "Willard," and B, for "bummer."

It still cracks me up you called yourself an Independent. Though I guess not as much still as that you're Ed The Cynic because you're cynical of people who distrust government.

BTW, when the left were attacking W for employment rates well below 7.8%, you were on W's side, right EdTheLemur?

114,000 new jobs in addition to the recently adjusted numbers for July and August

Good news for America/Bad news for those rooting for the economy to fail

THEY WERE ADJUSTED DOWN DUFUS...............:badgrin:
they were adjusted UP 86,000
:asshole:

Employment Situation Summary

The change in total nonfarm payroll employment for July was revised from +141,000 to +181,000, and the change for August was revised from +96,000 to +142,000.

You are correct. The previous report was adjusted up by 86,000 and the labor secretary was making the round of news stations this morning touting that as private sector jobs.

Those fact checking the labor secretary though are saying that most of those 86,000 were new government jobs; i.e. jobs that will further drain lifeblood out of the economy rather than stimulate it.

Which do you believe? (That is a rhetorical 'you' of course as I know who the Obama cultists will believe. But for those who still think, I think this whole jobs and unemployment rate thing needs a really close look. And we can't depend on the MSM to do that.)

It still cracks me up you called yourself an Independent. Though I guess not as much still as that you're Ed The Cynic because you're cynical of people who distrust government.

BTW, when the left were attacking W for employment rates well below 7.8%, you were on W's side, right EdTheLemur?

I remember. GDP was 4.5 and UE was 5 percent and they were screaming like banshees that we were in a recession.

• Thanks
Reactions: kaz
So, two days after being shown a loser in the first debate, the unemployment numbers miraculously change for the better?

Coincidence?

I think not...

Can't debate? Let's change the numbers...

“This is not what a real recovery looks like. We created fewer jobs in September than in August, and fewer jobs in August than in July, and we’ve lost over 600,000 manufacturing jobs since President Obama took office. If not for all the people who have simply dropped out of the labor force, the real unemployment rate would be closer to 11%. The results of President Obama's failed policies are staggering – 23 million Americans struggling for work, nearly one in six living in poverty and 47 million people dependent on food stamps to feed themselves and their families. The choice in this election is clear. Under President Obama, we’ll get another four years like the last four years. If I’m elected, we will have a real recovery with pro-growth policies that will create 12 million new jobs and rising incomes for everyone.”

Romney: 'This Is Not What A Real Recovery Looks Like' | TPM LiveWire

I thought it was very funny GOP and some actually declared Mitt Romney winner of Denver Debate: While Mitt Romney came through very combative as a republican would, Romney said nothing new at Denver Debate. On the other hand, I believe Barack Obama, mindful he was president and should not abuse status, intentionally played conservatively.

I am glad report states unemployment is currently at 7.8. Though I do not share a good number of Obama's views, I think the man has done a great deal to attempt to do good for the majority of the public.

With all the holes in statements at Denver Debate, I however liked Mitt Romney's strong closing argument with eye contact, and liked the fact that president Barack Obama responded by facing moderator or public and was not combative as Mitt Romney. 'Twas a good thing Barack Obama remembered during debate that he was president and need not be aggressive towards opponent (though Obama needed some charisma).

Last edited:
Oh it's not a "small" drop.

Big picture is that it is a huge drop. Unemployment was at 10% in October of 2009. That's before the stimulus was implemented and Obama's policies took effect.

His numbers..in this regard..are better then George W. Bush's.

Biggest single improvement in the unemployment rate since 1983.

Did Democrats accuse Reagan of "cooking the books" when unemployment fell from 11% to 7 % during the election year?

The GOP and their Job Truther minions will be here to let us all know how the numbers aren't right. They are really pissed off that more people are back to work.

Did Democrats accuse Reagan of "cooking the books" when unemployment fell from 11% to 7 % during the election year?

But the labor force participation rate GREW then with Reagan... that is not the case now.. it is 0.1% higher than the low of 63.6%, which last occurred DEC of 1981, as Reagan was getting things in place to start economic improvements

Oh it's not a "small" drop.

Big picture is that it is a huge drop. Unemployment was at 10% in October of 2009. That's before the stimulus was implemented and Obama's policies took effect.

His numbers..in this regard..are better then George W. Bush's.

Biggest single improvement in the unemployment rate since 1983.

Obama's driving people out of the job market so they don't count with a stick, isn't he? You realize 114K jobs were created, not 800K. I think you're standing too close to your camel...

Forum List

Back