Romney and GOP in Panic After Unemployment drops to 7.8%

I have been trying to keep an open mind on this subject and give the benefit of the doubt to those currently in charge of keeping track of employment numbers, however; the link diamond dave just posted is making that very hard.

I do not want to believe that the dept of labor would cook numbers for political purposes. I just don't.

Starting to look that way though.

Sent from my SCH-I500 using Tapatalk
So I guess you think Gallup, ADP, and TrimTabs Investment Research are ALL fudging the numbers too. :cuckoo:

You are an idiot!
You get an award for transference of your insecurities on to me when I care nothing about poll numbers except the real one in nov. Show me where I have posted anything at all about the polling or stfu

TO KAZ

I ask again. POST a FACTUAL argument, a REAL argument, I dont bate to straw man arguments that are NOT FACTUAL REAL argument. here is the copy and paste again, so you can try one more time

You don't know what a straw man argument is, do you?

You go first.

800K people found 114K jobs. How is that "good" for Obama?

One has to wonder how the day before 10/4/2012 all the major new outlets reported an almost 400k increase in new unemployment applications, but the next day just after the one gets his butt handed to him we get a drop in unemployment numbers

WTF????

here is the answer, I WROTE in my post, try reading, it works!

So what explains all the revisions? Last month’s and July’s payroll numbers both got big upward revisions. Where do these new numbers come from?

The payroll number literally comes from a survey of firms. The BLS asks them how many people on your payroll, and some firms just get around to filling out their surveys late, and send them in late. So what we’ve learned here is that there are a bunch of firms over the last few months which were basically too busy hiring people to fill in their forms on time. This is a fairly standard cyclical response — you also see it when firing becomes a really big issue — sometimes firms are too busy firing people.

I have been trying to keep an open mind on this subject and give the benefit of the doubt to those currently in charge of keeping track of employment numbers, however; the link diamond dave just posted is making that very hard.

I do not want to believe that the dept of labor would cook numbers for political purposes. I just don't.

So I guess you think Gallup, ADP, and TrimTabs Investment Research are ALL fudging the numbers too. :cuckoo:

You are an idiot!
You get an award for transference of your insecurities on to me when I care nothing about poll numbers except the real one in nov. Show me where I have posted anything at all about the polling or stfu

You're right you know. Ed is in fact an idiot...

TO KAZ

I ask again. POST a FACTUAL argument, a REAL argument, I dont bate to straw man arguments that are NOT FACTUAL REAL argument. here is the copy and paste again, so you can try one more time

You go first.

the simple answer to your question, is your MATH is wrong. please explain the "800K people found 114K jobs" statement with numbers and where you got them.

You are an idiot!

Dummy, those companies all track employment numbers as well which match the BLS numbers.

You are an idiot!

Gallup, ADP, and Trim Tabs all keep track of employment figures. :asshole: They ALL confirm the BLS numbers you suspect are cooked.

Gallup Daily: U.S. Employment

ALSO taken from catchers post.........

8.1 - .3 = 7.8

Smart Ass, yes I can be.

However, you tell me how many how baby boomer's retired.

How many employed Americans died?

How many public employees were let go?

How many got married and were able to quit work?

How many had babies and took a leave of absence?

How many members of the armed forces separated from AD?

How many workers were hurt on the job and went off on disability?

How many students quit work and went back to school?

One has to wonder how the day before 10/4/2012 all the major new outlets reported an almost 400k increase in new unemployment applications, but the next day just after the one gets his butt handed to him we get a drop in unemployment numbers

WTF????

here is the answer, I WROTE in my post, try reading, it works!

So what explains all the revisions? Last month’s and July’s payroll numbers both got big upward revisions. Where do these new numbers come from?

The payroll number literally comes from a survey of firms. The BLS asks them how many people on your payroll, and some firms just get around to filling out their surveys late, and send them in late. So what we’ve learned here is that there are a bunch of firms over the last few months which were basically too busy hiring people to fill in their forms on time. This is a fairly standard cyclical response — you also see it when firing becomes a really big issue — sometimes firms are too busy firing people.

So an assumption,to busy to file reports would mean what to the guy with 2 kids and a mortgage standing in the unemployment line last week to file a NEW claim??

TO KAZ

You go first.

the simple answer to your question, is your MATH is wrong. please explain the "800K people found 114K jobs" statement with numbers and where you got them.

According to the government, 873K found work, but only 114K jobs were created. If you do the math on the workforce, 114K jobs in fact couldn't account for a drop of .3%.

Did Democrats accuse Reagan of "cooking the books" when unemployment fell from 11% to 7 % during the election year?

But the labor force participation rate GREW then with Reagan... that is not the case now.. it is 0.1% higher than the low of 63.6%, which last occurred DEC of 1981, as Reagan was getting things in place to start economic improvements
Were Boomers retiring during St Ronnie's regime?

Were previous generations retiring?? Yes... The fact is that during this "improvement" you libs claim, the LP Rate has dropped each and every month under Obamalama.. not grown... and it is because of the economic environment and jobs situation under this administration... boomers only retire under Obamalama enough to drop the rate 2 points?? They did not retire under Bush II? His drop was .7% and was pretty consistent until the last months of his 8 years...

And funny how the unemployment rate rose and fell in line with the LP rate under Bush II, yet during this 'improvement' it only continues to fall with Obamalama...

Quite simply, the employment situation is no better... When you look at the complete picture, not handpicked manipulated numbers

no its not an assumption, not ONLY has the BSL released the number but it has been tracked by MANY other independent sources, so what your telling me is there is a whole CAREER wide movement to fudge jobs numbers?

You go first.

According to the government, 873K found work, but only 114K jobs were created. If you do the math on the workforce, 114K jobs in fact couldn't account for a drop of .3%.

AGAIN!!!!!!!!!!!! FUCKING READ AND THEN RESPOND.

8.1 - .3 = 7.8

Smart Ass, yes I can be.

Edit/Delete Message

114,000 new jobs in addition to the recently adjusted numbers for July and August

Good news for America/Bad news for those rooting for the economy to fail

This is bad news for America because it's a lie... If you feel lying is good for our country then that's very sad to see. Maybe you should consider not being a hyper partisan for a change.

You know.....

Sooner or later the American Peope are going to label the Republican Party as the Party that cried wolf

Every number that goes against them is called a LIE

Unemployment figures
Poll data
Scientific research
Historical data

Republicans are gettin a reputation where even birthers seem reasonable

good grief, first Big Bird now a seasonal drop in Unemployment and your party has won some victory or something..not like you people really care about those STILL UNEMPLOYED AND in part time jobs that will end

But the labor force participation rate GREW then with Reagan... that is not the case now.. it is 0.1% higher than the low of 63.6%, which last occurred DEC of 1981, as Reagan was getting things in place to start economic improvements

Were previous generations retiring?? Yes... The fact is that during this "improvement" you libs claim, the LP Rate has dropped each and every month under Obamalama.. not grown... and it is because of the economic environment and jobs situation under this administration... boomers only retire under Obamalama enough to drop the rate 2 points?? They did not retire under Bush II? His drop was .7% and was pretty consistent until the last months of his 8 years...

And funny how the unemployment rate rose and fell in line with the LP rate under Bush II, yet during this 'improvement' it only continues to fall with Obamalama...

Quite simply, the employment situation is no better... When you look at the complete picture, not handpicked manipulated numbers

Boomers just started turning 65 in 2011 so there probably weren't many retiring under Bush, job truther.

I see we are BACK with the dishonest TITLES..

pretty sad and rather pathetic

• Thanks
Reactions: kaz
This is bad news for America because it's a lie... If you feel lying is good for our country then that's very sad to see. Maybe you should consider not being a hyper partisan for a change.

You know.....

Sooner or later the American Peope are going to label the Republican Party as the Party that cried wolf

Every number that goes against them is called a LIE

Unemployment figures
Poll data
Scientific research
Historical data

Republicans are gettin a reputation where even birthers seem reasonable

good grief, first Big Bird now a seasonal drop in Unemployment and your party has won some victory or something..not like you people really care about those STILL UNEMPLOYED AND in part time jobs that will end

The smart people at the BLS are aware of seasonal drops/gains and that is why the numbers are seasonally adjusted.

sigh yet another person who fails to read.

AGAIN!!!!!!!!!!!! FUCKING READ AND THEN RESPOND.

8.1 - .3 = 7.8

Smart Ass, yes I can be.

Edit/Delete Message

A net of 759K (873-114) ... net? You're delusional.

And that doesn't even count the people who immigrated into the US, divorced women and mothers who want to re-enter the work force, kids who are entering the workforce ...

no its not an assumption, not ONLY has the BSL released the number but it has been tracked by MANY other independent sources, so what your telling me is there is a whole CAREER wide movement to fudge jobs numbers?

So these firms polled had the time to tell the BLS that they were to busy to file the reports??

You can't change the number of new clams filled last week 385K I think was the number

New claims new people unemployed in the in hundreds of thousands.

Forum List

Back