Roe v. Wade

Aces Up

Rookie
Jan 30, 2006
The State That Stands Alone
Let me first explain my opinion on Abortion. I am against it. However, I do believe that it has been law so long in this country, that as a matter of law, it would be hard to overturn. As a conservative, I cannot complain about the 9th Circut (which unfortunately my great state falls under) activist judges legislating from the bench, and ask the conservative Justices to legislate from their bench.

My opinion on Roe v. Wade is that it is a more of a state's rights issue than an abortion issue. I live in the one state in the nation that is more abused by the Federal Government than any other, so state's rights is an important issue for me.

If Roe was overturned tomorrow, there would be no place in this country where abortion would be illegal. The people who live in those states, however, would have the oportunity to discuss and decide whether or not they want to have legalized abortions in their communities.

Roe is the most important state's rights issue facing the nation today. I look forward to someday seeing it overturned, and hope that it will set future precedents to help states around the country throw off the shackles of an oppressive federal government.

Aces Up said:
Let me first explain my opinion on Abortion. I am against it. However, I do believe that it has been law so long in this country, that as a matter of law, it would be hard to overturn. As a conservative, I cannot complain about the 9th Circut (which unfortunately my great state falls under) activist judges legislating from the bench, and ask the conservative Justices to legislate from their bench.

My opinion on Roe v. Wade is that it is a more of a state's rights issue than an abortion issue. I live in the one state in the nation that is more abused by the Federal Government than any other, so state's rights is an important issue for me.

If Roe was overturned tomorrow, there would be no place in this country where abortion would be illegal. The people who live in those states, however, would have the oportunity to discuss and decide whether or not they want to have legalized abortions in their communities.

Roe is the most important state's rights issue facing the nation today. I look forward to someday seeing it overturned, and hope that it will set future precedents to help states around the country throw off the shackles of an oppressive federal government.

While I think we agree on abortion as an issue, I wouldn't call overturning Roe judicial activism. I'd call it reversing judicial activism. And you're right, the issue would go back to the states, where it belongs.

gop_jeff said:
While I think we agree on abortion as an issue, I wouldn't call overturning Roe judicial activism. I'd call it reversing judicial activism. And you're right, the issue would go back to the states, where it belongs.

Exactly. Reverse the constitutional wrong that has been done. However, liberals don't want this issue to go back to the states because the general WILL OF THE PEOPLE is against abortion as a form of birth control. That is why liberals resorted to judicial activism in the first place.

Forum List

Back