Rod Blagojevich Guilty

Well the Obamabots are obviously all wet on that one. I have long indicted our President on his Marxist views and questionable motives based on the kinds of people he has surrounded himself with. But it would be wrong to judge guilt by association on this one. There is nothing wrong with Obama suggesting people to fill the vacant senate seat. There is plenty wrong with how Blago was apparently going about it though.

Questions Arise About the Obama/Blagojevich Relationship - Political Punch

Blago deserves what he got. The nonsense though that Obama, Emanuel, Axelrod were clueless about the man, just doesn't add up. In IL, successful Democratic politicians are all one:

...it should be pointed out, Mr. Obama has a relationship with Mr. Blagojevich, having not only endorsed Blagojevich in 2002 and 2006, but having served as a top adviser to the Illinois governor in his first 2002 run for the state house.

In the Democratic gubernatorial primary that year, then-state sen. Obama endorsed former Illinois Attorney General Roland Burris. But after Blagojevich won, Obama came around enthusiastically. At the same time, meanwhile, Axelrod had such serious concerns about whether Blagojevich was ready for governing he refused to work for his one-time client.

According to Rep. Rahm Emanuel, D-Ill., Mr. Obama's incoming White House chief of staff, Emanuel, then-state senator Obama, a third Blagojevich aide, and Blagojevich's campaign co-chair, David Wilhelm, were the top strategists of Blagojevich's 2002 gubernatorial victory.

Emanuel told the New Yorker earlier this year that he and Obama "participated in a small group that met weekly when Rod was running for governor. We basically laid out the general election, Barack and I and these two."

Well I probably should have been more specific that, short of evidence tying him to illegal activity, it would be wrong to judge President Obama guilty by association. The fact that I doubt he is as innocent as the driven snow isn't sufficient evidence to actually accuse him. :)

Said well.

Zona doesn't like looking at who has links to the President. If anyone is said to be linked to the President, it doesn't matter what the tie is, it's a conspiracy theory and should be ignored.

Because most of the time it's a lie. You nuts can't pin anything on him, so you lie and make up stories. You know that's true.

Yeah Rinata. We are making up the fact that Obama was the Junior Senator of IL. The same State Blago was. We are making up the fact that Blago was just convicted of trying to sell Obama's former Senate seat.

It's all one big conspiracy.

Blago didn't do all this on his own...are people actually stupid enough to think that when Obama left, Blago just decided on his own to sell his seat??? There are other people involved here. He could not have just decided to do this without others knowing about it...how could he SELL obama's seat to whoever he wanted without someone else knowing about this? He COULDN'T! I can't wait to find out who else is involved...it will eventually come out and i think the Dems are going to have a BIG problem! :)

I feel sorry for his children and wife. Conviction should bar him from holding high office and possibly even voting. Most may not like this position but I think an ankle bracelet and a long probation term is possibly punishment enough for the sake of his kids. His career is over, let's put this behind us.

You don't live here. From what's being reported he 'could' be sentenced for over 300 years, more likely to get 12-15. Too little.

Umm, I do live here. And I just wanted to point out that their are murders, rapists, stalkers, robbers, pedophiles and all other sorts of scum that get less in terms of sentences and they are an actual danger to society. The point of conviction is to attain justice for the crime committed. I can see "some" jail time but our prisons are already overcrowded and 15 years is crazy for this crime imo.

While I have to admit his audacious style is impressive, the cynical little piece of shit deserves to be in prison a great long time.

Hanging him publically on the Loop wouldn't be a bad idea, either.

It might help clean up the corrupt mess that the DEMS have made of Chicago, too.

Make an example of him.

When you betray the public trust the public ought to come down real hard on you.

Last edited:
Zona doesn't like looking at who has links to the President. If anyone is said to be linked to the President, it doesn't matter what the tie is, it's a conspiracy theory and should be ignored.

Because most of the time it's a lie. You nuts can't pin anything on him, so you lie and make up stories. You know that's true.

Yeah Rinata. We are making up the fact that Obama was the Junior Senator of IL. The same State Blago was. We are making up the fact that Blago was just convicted of trying to sell Obama's former Senate seat.

It's all one big conspiracy.

OMG. You don't know that, you pompous ass!!! Please don't ever appear for jury duty. It definitely would not be your thing.

Obama is one big lie... a fairy tale... a delusion fitting the bulk of the whackaloon left who still think Clinton left Bush a surplus.

:lol:

and yet, he will be re elected in 2012. This will actually drive you nuts. If it wont by itself, I will push it in your face until eventually you go mad. God bless America. :eusa_whistle:

:lol::lol::lol::lol::lol:

I was really hoping Blagojevich would have drug Bammie down with him. I am sure Bammie played a role some how in this, they are all tied in together at the hip in Chi-town.

They already made an example of 4 of his predecessors. Didn't seem to work.

Clearly they didn't try hard enough.

Betrayal of the public trust by public officials (I mean real betrayal, not screwing up, of course) ought to bring with it a death sentence.

He's shocked!!!! Shocked I tell ya!!!!!!

He can't believe they found him guilty.

Wonder if he's got any beans to spill on Barry boy???

That is a good point. How soon till he starts cutting deals to prevent 3 centuries of jail time. It will be interesting to see how this plays out.

I feel sorry for his children and wife. Conviction should bar him from holding high office and possibly even voting. Most may not like this position but I think an ankle bracelet and a long probation term is possibly punishment enough for the sake of his kids. His career is over, let's put this behind us.

So, you'd let everyone who commits a crime, no matter how awful, off any prison time if they have kids?

What a ridiculous comment. The guy broke the law - those laws carry prison terms as a consequence. Let's teach his kids - and all other kids - that actions have consequences.... better yet... let's teach our fucking politicians that lesson too.... preferably the hard way.

So, you'd let everyone who commits a crime, no matter how awful, off any prison time if they have kids?

What a ridiculous comment. The guy broke the law - those laws carry prison terms as a consequence. Let's teach his kids - and all other kids - that actions have consequences.... better yet... let's teach our fucking politicians that lesson too.... preferably the hard way.

I agree maybe BLAGO should have thought about HIS kids before he committed the crimes he committed.

If Gramped cared about kids so much then he should have cared about the children's hospital Blago strong-armed. Blago request a bag of cash for him personally in order for the hospital to receive a $1 mil grant!

What law.

Provide EVIDENCE that he broke the law.

If he gets probation or house arrest, you'll know he had a LOT on Dear Leader.....

I imagine he does know where a lot of bodies are buried. That might not be impressive to an honest judge--we just don't know how that will go--but it will be interesting to see if our top fearless leader commutes the sentence (as our former President did for Scooter Libby) or even a full pardon (which our former President did not do for Scooter Libby.) Or could the current Illinois governor do that????

I agree maybe BLAGO should have thought about HIS kids before he committed the crimes he committed.

If Gramped cared about kids so much then he should have cared about the children's hospital Blago strong-armed. Blago request a bag of cash for him personally in order for the hospital to receive a $1 mil grant!

I agree. Creeps like Blago make me sick. They are the absolute worst of our system, the bottom feeders. Unfortuately, most of them don't get caught.

Forum List

Back