Rod Blagojevich Guilty

yet somehow the OP linked him to Obama. Funny huh.

The man gets convicted of trying to sell President Obama's former Senate seat and you dont see the link to Obama?:cuckoo:

Only if Obama knew about it beforehand. Did he?? If not, there is NO connection!!!

Actually, what the dishonest hack op said was...."One of President Obama's peers in Chicago politics". This is something fox would do so its understandable why he tried this old, tired technique.

You see, every single person from Chicago who is into politics are "one of president Obama's peers".

The op is a hack.:eek:

The man gets convicted of trying to sell President Obama's former Senate seat and you dont see the link to Obama?:cuckoo:

Only if Obama knew about it beforehand. Did he?? If not, there is NO connection!!!

Actually, what the dishonest hack op said was...."One of President Obama's peers in Chicago politics". This is something fox would do so its understandable why he tried this old, tired technique.

You see, every single person from Chicago who is into politics are "one of president Obama's peers".

You seriously aren't going to argue that a sitting Senator is not a peer with the sitting Governor????

Zona doesn't like looking at who has links to the President. If anyone is said to be linked to the President, it doesn't matter what the tie is, it's a conspiracy theory and should be ignored.

Because most of the time it's a lie. You nuts can't pin anything on him, so you lie and make up stories. You know that's true.

Obama is one big lie... a fairy tale... a delusion fitting the bulk of the whackaloon left who still think Clinton left Bush a surplus.

:lol:

and yet, he will be re elected in 2012. This will actually drive you nuts. If it wont by itself, I will push it in your face until eventually you go mad. God bless America. :eusa_whistle:

You seriously aren't going to argue that a sitting Senator is not a peer with the sitting Governor????

When was he found guilty of anything? Recently correct? Obama is the fucking president, yet he is somehow associated with blago who is guilty of being an ass basically....??

Hack.

One of President Obama's peers in Chicago politics, Rod Blagojevich was convicted on a wide range of corruption charges today, including the attempt to sell Obama's Senate seat.

Read more at;

Jury convicts ex-Ill. Gov. Blagojevich at retrial - Yahoo! News

This thread needs a flying squirrel:

FlyingSquirrel.jpg

Railroading Rod

Posted by Lew Rockwell on June 17, 2010 07:56 AM

Of course, ex-Ill. gov. Rod Blagojevich is a crook. The entire political establishment is crooked. But why did the feds target him? Rahm ordered his beheading because Rod didn't do what he was told over Obama's replacement as senator. So the prosecutor wiretapped Rod and leaked selected portions to the media (nothing leaked from Rahm's calls, etc.). Then the obedient legislature tossed out Rod in a kangaroo trial. That is, the feds took down a governor who wasn't doing their bidding. Now the whiny prosecutor is demanding that the government judge bar Rod from defending himself to the press. He especially must have his first amendment rights suspended when it comes to criticizing the sacred prosecutor. The judge has already stopped Rod from defending himself in court. Nor may he say he is barred from entering evidence that would help him. Rod is an atypical pol, but I can't help liking him, especially as versus Prosecutor Robespierre and Judge Star Chamber. And note, such anti-defendant procedures are typical in the federal courts, which exist only to crush opposition."

But, that will not deter the zombified from rejoicing.

How could this be?
Everyone knows that all judges are liberal, lawyers are crooked and juries are stupid.
That is what the far right always says when a not guilty verdict is read.

I love living in Illinois. We elect our Governors and then when they are out of office we send them to prison. Helps keep track of them that way. What other State has their past Governors making their license plates?

Because most of the time it's a lie. You nuts can't pin anything on him, so you lie and make up stories. You know that's true.

Obama is one big lie... a fairy tale... a delusion fitting the bulk of the whackaloon left who still think Clinton left Bush a surplus.

and yet, he will be re elected in 2012. This will actually drive you nuts. If it wont by itself, I will push it in your face until eventually you go mad. God bless America. :eusa_whistle:

Oh, I bet he will.... what with the wonderful string of accomplishments under his belt, you know, 17% unemployment, inflation, $4 gas, three wars, worthless $, feckless foreign policy, $14,000,000,000,000 debt, deficits as far as the eyes can see, Obamacare, etc.

Yep, he's a shoe-in.

Nor any doubt in the minds of most Democrats. I never heard reports of anyone backing him when it all broke in late 2009.

Yes, they took the low road and threw him under dat bus. :lol::lol::lol::lol:

Ah, the classic conservative "catch-22". If we are glad that a criminal get's punished we "threw them under the bus". If we think it's bullshit, we are "partisan".

Railroading Rod

Posted by Lew Rockwell on June 17, 2010 07:56 AM

Of course, ex-Ill. gov. Rod Blagojevich is a crook. The entire political establishment is crooked. But why did the feds target him? Rahm ordered his beheading because Rod didn't do what he was told over Obama's replacement as senator. So the prosecutor wiretapped Rod and leaked selected portions to the media (nothing leaked from Rahm's calls, etc.). Then the obedient legislature tossed out Rod in a kangaroo trial. That is, the feds took down a governor who wasn't doing their bidding. Now the whiny prosecutor is demanding that the government judge bar Rod from defending himself to the press. He especially must have his first amendment rights suspended when it comes to criticizing the sacred prosecutor. The judge has already stopped Rod from defending himself in court. Nor may he say he is barred from entering evidence that would help him. Rod is an atypical pol, but I can't help liking him, especially as versus Prosecutor Robespierre and Judge Star Chamber. And note, such anti-defendant procedures are typical in the federal courts, which exist only to crush opposition."

But, that will not deter the zombified from rejoicing.

Some Questions about the Blagojevich Indictment

Posted by Bill Anderson on December 10, 2008 04:28 PM

As some of you know, I tend to be a bit skeptical when federal prosecutors file criminal charges. Either the feds are involved in activity that is not constitutional or the charges themselves are what Candice Jackson and I have called "derivative crimes," in which the officials "crimes" for which someone is charged really are works of fiction and are "derived" from other alleged "bad acts" that do not have to be proven beyond a reasonable doubt.

In the Blagojevich case, I have read a number of news accounts, but I have not seen any evidence that he actually was formally planning a specific act of "selling" the seat. (I am willing to be corrected here, but am just expressing my own thoughts.) Yes, he seemed to be "talking big," but it is one thing to say one wants to do something and then actually formally plan to do it.What I have not seen are any formal plans in which real-live payouts were discussed or real jobs were offered for a specific quid-pro-quo. Instead, it is stuff like his wanting his wife to get a good job, or he needed money, etc. The guy comes off as a real jerk, but since he is a governor of Illinois, we already knew he was a jerk.

This leads to another point that I think needs discussion. Politicians like to see themselves as being the equal of successful business executives, but they generally strike me as people who don't have the ability to make it outside of government. They are mediocre people who might be cunning or ruthless, but in the business world, one must have real foresight into the market, and from what I can tell, most politicians don't have that ability.

They are more like the playground bullies who extort money and favors from other kids, but who generally are pathetic people.

Another Democrat goes to jail....shocker.

He crossed Obama and Jesse Jackson Jr.....bad move for a white liberal.:cuckoo:

Oh, my goodness. The Blago thread keeps adding pages as people come home from work. This is the first I've heard of it. Sad for the kids in the family, but it's time to put politics in their proper perspectives again.

The people must take charge of the government again. Every day, some politician somewhere thinks he can get away with one form of graft or another. Lying, cheating, bribing, capitalizing on vice--these should not be the chief acts of one who holds public trust.

I feel sorry for his children and wife. Conviction should bar him from holding high office and possibly even voting. Most may not like this position but I think an ankle bracelet and a long probation term is possibly punishment enough for the sake of his kids. His career is over, let's put this behind us.

Forum List

Back