Rod Blagojevich Guilty

I feel sorry for his children and wife. Conviction should bar him from holding high office and possibly even voting. Most may not like this position but I think an ankle bracelet and a long probation term is possibly punishment enough for the sake of his kids. His career is over, let's put this behind us.

Justice doesn't quite work like that, Grampa. This fellow is guilty on 17 of 20 counts of serious criminal behavior. That's a lot of crime, and it means the courts need him to go away, shut up, so the rest of us don't have to listen to the Blogovichs' f-word tirades for the duration.

Even kids know you can't do wrong forever, and if they haven't learned it at home, they will learn it from the rest of society. His kids have been in the land of zero moral compass for some time now.

I wanted Blago to be innocent. I really did. He's personable. Likable. Not somebody you enjoy seeing go down. But if guilty, Blago deserves whatever consequences are involved with that. But he sure wasn't the only one with dirty hands.

But I believe the one indictment that the jury did not convict him on was a 'deal' between Blago and Rahm Emmanuel which would have brought Blago really close to the 'throne' if he had been convicted on that. Not an indictment of the President as being involved, but it would have smelled real bad. The fact that the jury would not agree on that one allows Obama some distance.

Given his relationship with Blago which certainly appears to be more than casual, that is a good thing for Obama.

blagojevich_obama_1209.jpg

470ba879-64f7-4798-8838-f7dc55a1ae15.h2.jpg

president-elect-barack-obama-shakes-hands-with-florida-governor-charlie-crist-as-illinois-governor-rod-blagojevich-c-looks-on-during-a-bipartisan.jpg

blago_obama2.jpg

blago-obama-confer-inset.jpg

3176233167_4666cfd5ba.jpg

The people must take charge of the government again. Every day, some politician somewhere thinks he can get away with one form of graft or another. Lying, cheating, bribing, capitalizing on vice--these should not be the chief acts of one who holds public trust.

Guilt by Complication

The Blagojevich blowout shows a long indictment may signal weakness.

Given details like these, it's not surprising that U.S. Attorney Patrick Fitzgerald failed to convict Blagojevich of illegally plotting to sell Obama's Senate seat—the most sensational accusation against him and, aside from a tangential charge of lying to the FBI, the one on which the jurors came closest to agreement. With a case based on ambiguous conversations and testimony from former cronies looking for lenience, Fitzgerald did what federal prosecutors often do: He piled on the charges, accusing Blagojevich of 24 separate but largely redundant counts in the hope that some of them would stick. In a salutary rebuke to overzealous prosecutors, the case collapsed under the weight of its confounding complexity."

Nor any doubt in the minds of most Democrats. I never heard reports of anyone backing him when it all broke in late 2009.

Maybe you should have paid more attention in late 2008, when it really broke. A year later everyone had hung him out to dry.

I wanted Blago to be innocent. I really did. He's personable. Likable. Not somebody you enjoy seeing go down. But if guilty, Blago deserves whatever consequences are involved with that. But he sure wasn't the only one with dirty hands.

But I believe the one indictment that the jury did not convict him on was a 'deal' between Blago and Rahm Emmanuel which would have brought Blago really close to the 'throne' if he had been convicted on that. Not an indictment of the President as being involved, but it would have smelled real bad. The fact that the jury would not agree on that one allows Obama some distance.

Given his relationship with Blago which certainly appears to be more than casual, that is a good thing for Obama.

The charming, witty, beautiful, and vivacious embezzler who worked for me--people felt like overwhelmed with sadness and magnanimity for her when I finally caught her. Her gracious demeanor was just a filtcher's scheme to go for every asset I owned. When she was dismissed, it took us 2 lawyers, an accountant, retrieved bank records for 2 years, and 6 months of hard work to track her embezzlements from just one avenue of her thefts.

Criminals who are in for a penny are in for a pound.

It's hard for really, really 100% thoroughly good people to get it about the criminal, until one shows up poised and ready to take away your home, two years of your husband's paychecks, and put a sick person's pee in your coffee to give you the nice autoimmune disease you get to fight for the duration of your pain-filled life.

Blago needs to go away for a very long, long time.

Oh, and did I mention? She got off scot-free to kill a grandchild and pin it on someone else, while my husband and I got to pay back the bank $40,000 we borrowed to avoid bankruptcy for 5 years, just for the privilege of staying in business, while I fought a truly disabling disease for the next 12 years on account of the sicko pee she slipped in my coffee one day.

Last edited:

president-elect-barack-obama-shakes-hands-with-florida-governor-charlie-crist-as-illinois-governor-rod-blagojevich-c-looks-on-during-a-bipartisan.jpg

blago_obama2.jpg

Those pictures are obviously fabricated because we have been clearly told by the Obamabots in this thread that there are no links between Blago and the President and that they were in no way peers.

That's because he's linked to Obama, dumbfuck.

Zona doesn't like looking at who has links to the President. If anyone is said to be linked to the President, it doesn't matter what the tie is, it's a conspiracy theory and should be ignored.

Because most of the time it's a lie. You nuts can't pin anything on him, so you lie and make up stories. You know that's true.
No, the dimwits are the best liars there are. Clinton and Kennedy proved it.

blago_obama2.jpg

Those pictures are obviously fabricated because we have been clearly told by the Obamabots in this thread that there are no links between Blago and the President and that they were in no way peers.

Well the Obamabots are obviously all wet on that one. I have long indicted our President on his Marxist views and questionable motives based on the kinds of people he has surrounded himself with. But it would be wrong to judge guilt by association on this one. There is nothing wrong with Obama suggesting people to fill the vacant senate seat. There is plenty wrong with how Blago was apparently going about it though.

blago_obama2.jpg

Well the Obamabots are obviously all wet on that one. I have long indicted our President on his Marxist views and questionable motives based on the kinds of people he has surrounded himself with. But it would be wrong to judge guilt by association on this one. There is nothing wrong with Obama suggesting people to fill the vacant senate seat. There is plenty wrong with how Blago was apparently going about it though.

Questions Arise About the Obama/Blagojevich Relationship - Political Punch

Blago deserves what he got. The nonsense though that Obama, Emanuel, Axelrod were clueless about the man, just doesn't add up. In IL, successful Democratic politicians are all one:

...it should be pointed out, Mr. Obama has a relationship with Mr. Blagojevich, having not only endorsed Blagojevich in 2002 and 2006, but having served as a top adviser to the Illinois governor in his first 2002 run for the state house.

In the Democratic gubernatorial primary that year, then-state sen. Obama endorsed former Illinois Attorney General Roland Burris. But after Blagojevich won, Obama came around enthusiastically. At the same time, meanwhile, Axelrod had such serious concerns about whether Blagojevich was ready for governing he refused to work for his one-time client.

According to Rep. Rahm Emanuel, D-Ill., Mr. Obama's incoming White House chief of staff, Emanuel, then-state senator Obama, a third Blagojevich aide, and Blagojevich's campaign co-chair, David Wilhelm, were the top strategists of Blagojevich's 2002 gubernatorial victory.

Emanuel told the New Yorker earlier this year that he and Obama "participated in a small group that met weekly when Rod was running for governor. We basically laid out the general election, Barack and I and these two."

I feel sorry for his children and wife. Conviction should bar him from holding high office and possibly even voting. Most may not like this position but I think an ankle bracelet and a long probation term is possibly punishment enough for the sake of his kids. His career is over, let's put this behind us.

You don't live here. From what's being reported he 'could' be sentenced for over 300 years, more likely to get 12-15. Too little.

Blago deserves what he got. The nonsense though that Obama, Emanuel, Axelrod were clueless about the man, just doesn't add up. In IL, successful Democratic politicians are all one:

...it should be pointed out, Mr. Obama has a relationship with Mr. Blagojevich, having not only endorsed Blagojevich in 2002 and 2006, but having served as a top adviser to the Illinois governor in his first 2002 run for the state house.

In the Democratic gubernatorial primary that year, then-state sen. Obama endorsed former Illinois Attorney General Roland Burris. But after Blagojevich won, Obama came around enthusiastically. At the same time, meanwhile, Axelrod had such serious concerns about whether Blagojevich was ready for governing he refused to work for his one-time client.

According to Rep. Rahm Emanuel, D-Ill., Mr. Obama's incoming White House chief of staff, Emanuel, then-state senator Obama, a third Blagojevich aide, and Blagojevich's campaign co-chair, David Wilhelm, were the top strategists of Blagojevich's 2002 gubernatorial victory.

Emanuel told the New Yorker earlier this year that he and Obama "participated in a small group that met weekly when Rod was running for governor. We basically laid out the general election, Barack and I and these two."

Well I probably should have been more specific that, short of evidence tying him to illegal activity, it would be wrong to judge President Obama guilty by association. The fact that I doubt he is as innocent as the driven snow isn't sufficient evidence to actually accuse him. :)

Well I probably should have been more specific that, short of evidence tying him to illegal activity, it would be wrong to judge President Obama guilty by association. The fact that I doubt he is as innocent as the driven snow isn't sufficient evidence to actually accuse him. :)

Well shockingly Fitzgerald pulled the plug once Emmanuel was sort of associated with the brouhaha. Suddenly it became 'too much corruption, time to pull the plug,' which led to the first trial, then the second. With a lack of possible secondary indictments.

So no, there's nothing to see here in the Land of Lincoln!

Forum List

Back