Robin Williams' Choice

I firmly believe that when one takes his own life, that one is ultimately rejecting God's authority. That doesn't mean that God is unforgiving, but it does mean that God was not allowed to turn depression into joy for that person. It also is the chicken's way out that disregards family/friends and God's will. I believe Judas could have been forgiven by God, but he took matters into his own hands as he always did. I believe it is far better to persist with a hope of God's revelation than to end one's life in utter despair and self pity.
Free will. That is what God gave us.
So why do we get punished for using it?

I did not know it was selfish to kill/destroy one's self.

Can someone explain to me how that is so?

Tell me, is it also selfish to destroy one's property or ideas?

Robin Williams Acknowledged He Channeled Demonic Spirits For Comedic Power You play with demon spirits and when they tire of you they will destroy you just for laughs.

such an accusation should be followed by a link - i do not believe RW would have done as you imply.

You just quoted the link! It is in red! If you click it there is the interviews and article! I read it. Carlos Santana said he invoked demons to get his music - most of Hollywood is probably into the occult - in fact - these days - it could be a requirement - but I still do not believe Robin Williams took his own life of his own accord. Not when he was adamantly opposed to it. I have a family member who has struggled before with depression and they have the same exact attitude towards suicide as Robin Williams had - adamantly opposed to it - they have been through many a trial and never attempted suicide once. Where are Robins' former attempts at suicide? There are none. I just do not believe it.

10/4 - that was pretty dumb of me, I really could not read the article anyway ...
You mean you would not read the article - not that you could not - you certainly have the ability to read - Let's be truthful - the link was there - you denied it was there and then upon being told it was there claimed you could not read it. What was pretty dumb?

Moving on here, Breezewood - I still am not convinced Robin took his own life -you can believe otherwise. It doesn't change my mind about it. Someone else claimed he was angry and that was his payback to his ex wives. I do not see him as a man that would put his children through this. Problems or no problems. He was adamantly opposed to the idea of suicide - made that known - perhaps someone wanted to be payed back and was demanding something of him that he refused. Perhaps it was made to look like a suicide but was not.
Who knows.
Robin Williams Acknowledged He Channeled Demonic Spirits For Comedic Power You play with demon spirits and when they tire of you they will destroy you just for laughs.

such an accusation should be followed by a link - i do not believe RW would have done as you imply.

You just quoted the link! It is in red! If you click it there is the interviews and article! I read it. Carlos Santana said he invoked demons to get his music - most of Hollywood is probably into the occult - in fact - these days - it could be a requirement - but I still do not believe Robin Williams took his own life of his own accord. Not when he was adamantly opposed to it. I have a family member who has struggled before with depression and they have the same exact attitude towards suicide as Robin Williams had - adamantly opposed to it - they have been through many a trial and never attempted suicide once. Where are Robins' former attempts at suicide? There are none. I just do not believe it.

10/4 - that was pretty dumb of me, I really could not read the article anyway ...
You mean you would not read the article - not that you could not - you certainly have the ability to read - Let's be truthful - the link was there - you denied it was there and then upon being told it was there claimed you could not read it. What was pretty dumb?

Moving on here, Breezewood - I still am not convinced Robin took his own life -you can believe otherwise. It doesn't change my mind about it. Someone else claimed he was angry and that was his payback to his ex wives. I do not see him as a man that would put his children through this. Problems or no problems. He was adamantly opposed to the idea of suicide - made that known - perhaps someone wanted to be payed back and was demanding something of him that he refused. Perhaps it was made to look like a suicide but was not.
Who knows.

I had little desire to read the article whether available or not, it strengthened the posters assertion and that is what was meant to be accomplish by my post were the link included - their being banned seems as appropriate as your furthering their cause, christian.

whether by your measure or not I continue to have fond memories of RW from what few instances of my recollections of him I have is not assailable.

My memories of Robin Williams are fond also and your attempt to make use of the alleged manner of his death to further your own agenda which is far worse than the one you mentioned is deeply offensive to me. You have some nerve, Breezewood! Some nerve!

We'll leave it at this, Breezewood. Suicide is not an option. Not under any condition. I do not believe Robin would do that to himself and I do not believe you have achieved your agenda to use it for your own purpose which was utterly evil in my opinion. End of discussion. You're dismissed.

I think some people should educate themselves regarding severe depression and mental health. I think people may find some answers to their questions.

Not to mention what the diagnosis of Parkinson's meant for him.

Imagine having his steel trap mind and knowing you would be losing it, a little more each day. Imagine knowing you would be losing your physical abilities as well.

No one has the right to judge unless they have walked in another's shoes.

We all know we will die but none of us know when. Nothing cowardly about making an assessment of one's future and deciding to opt out.

I firmly believe that when one takes his own life, that one is ultimately rejecting God's authority. That doesn't mean that God is unforgiving, but it does mean that God was not allowed to turn depression into joy for that person. It also is the chicken's way out that disregards family/friends and God's will. I believe Judas could have been forgiven by God, but he took matters into his own hands as he always did. I believe it is far better to persist with a hope of God's revelation than to end one's life in utter despair and self pity.
Free will. That is what God gave us.

Not to put too fine a point on it but in this case, "god" gave him enormous talent and enormous burdens throughout his life.

My memories of Robin Williams are fond also and your attempt to make use of the alleged manner of his death to further your own agenda which is far worse than the one you mentioned is deeply offensive to me. You have some nerve, Breezewood! Some nerve!

We'll leave it at this, Breezewood. Suicide is not an option. Not under any condition. I do not believe Robin would do that to himself and I do not believe you have achieved your agenda to use it for your own purpose which was utterly evil in my opinion. End of discussion. You're dismissed.

BW: such an accusation should be followed by a link - i do not believe RW would have done as you imply.

Jer: and your attempt to make use of the alleged manner of his death to further your own agenda which is far worse than the one you mentioned is deeply offensive to me.

agenda :cuckoo: - what agenda ?

I have no inclination to believe the accusation ascribed by that post to the desisted RW irregardless, RIP -

however you seem intent to monger a tragedy for no reason at all ... good luck with your conspiracy theory, if true maybe it will make it less tragic ?

Suicide is a selfish and ultimately destructive act.

It hurts all those you leave behind.

Williams was a public figure..and his life wasn't "private". That was by his own design.

Much as I loved his work and his charitable nature? This was not a good thing to do. Even moreso given that he had encouraged so many to "fight the good fight..".
Bullshit. The selfish people are the ones that use the guilt trip to make ya stay for THEM.
Hell is forever --- guilt trip or no.

He was facing a horrible and degenerative disease that would ultimately take away everything he valued. His razor sharp wit, that wonderful humor, his ability to give that to the world, his all-encompassing love for bicycle riding, the time with his family - he was facing losing all of that and more.

Parkinson's, heart disease, the likelyhood he would be wheel chair bound very soon -

I don't understand all the hate we see on this board but I do know that not one of you holier than though bible thumpers have the right or the knowledge to judge anyone.

:anj_stfu:

He was facing a horrible and degenerative disease that would ultimately take away everything he valued. His razor sharp wit, that wonderful humor, his ability to give that to the world, his all-encompassing love for bicycle riding, the time with his family - he was facing losing all of that and more.

Parkinson's, heart disease, the likelyhood he would be wheel chair bound very soon -

I don't understand all the hate we see on this board but I do know that not one of you holier than though bible thumpers have the right or the knowledge to judge anyone.

:anj_stfu:

Michael J. Fox has had Parkinson's for years .... he still has his wit, his humor, his acting chops, his family.

Pot, kettle, black.

When Jesus was dying on the cross, to ease his suffering, he was offered wine mixed with gall, a narcotic which at first he rejected. When he finally took some, when it was offered again, he died immediately. In every gospel he died immediately after taking the drink.

Wasn't that assisted suicide and if so why would it be wrong?

I think Kurt Vonnegut was on the right track when he wrote about ethical suicide parlors.

It would have been much better if Robin Williams had a party with friends celebrated his life and deflowered a hostess instead of facing the anguish of dying on purpose depressed and alone.

2 of the Gospels, and in each case only vinegar was offered second time

sour wine, vinegar, wine mixed with gall, whatever you want to call it, the fact remains that he died immediately after talking the drink in every account.

It is widely believed that it was some sort of narcotic. No one has ever died after taking a sip of vinegar.

The Romans were surprised he died so fast. Many people hung there for days.

Maybe it really isn't such a great sin? If it is, many people have been sinning out of love and compassion for their pets for a very long time.

Is suicide the ultimate selfish act? Maybe to those left behind.

But think too, it's not an act undertaken lightly...what demons within must have driven a person to such desperate measures that nothing else seemed possible?

:(

"They tell us that suicide is the greatest piece of cowardice... that suicide is wrong; when it is quite obvious that there is nothing in the world to which every man has a more unassailable title than to his own life and person." - Schopenhauer

Widely believed is not what was written......

When Jesus had received the sour wine, he said, “It is finished,” and he bowed his head and gave up his spirit. John 19:30

Someone ran and filled a sponge with sour wine, put it on a reed, and gave Him a drink, saying, "Let us see whether Elijah will come to take Him down." And Jesus uttered a loud cry, and breathed His last. mark 15:37

Forum List

Back