Robin Williams' Choice

You can say many things but so far, for some mysterious reason, the truth cannot be found in anything that you have said.

You have the right to remain silent. Anything else you say can and will be used against you.
what does any of that have to do with making something up, claiming it was in the Bible when all we had to do was read it to see that it wasn't actually in the Bible?......

Funny question coming from someone who professes to believe that God is a trinity that became a man when all anyone has to do is read the Bible and see for themselves that such a belief is not actually taught anywhere in the Bible and in fact contradicts the entire OT and NT and what Jesus himself actually believed according to scripture.

Do you even have an inkling how obvious it is that you are a phony?

No?

That's a shame..

Last edited:
You can say many things but so far, for some mysterious reason, the truth cannot be found in anything that you have said.

You have the right to remain silent. Anything else you say can and will be used against you.
what does any of that have to do with making something up, claiming it was in the Bible when all we had to do was read it to see that it wasn't actually in the Bible?......

Funny question coming from someone who professes to believe that God is a trinity that became a man when all anyone has to do is read the Bible and see for themselves that such a belief is not actually taught anywhere in the Bible and in fact contradicts the entire OT and NT and what Jesus himself actually believed according to scripture.

Do you even have an inkling how obvious it is that you are a phony?

No?

That's a shame..
sorry for your misunderstanding.....I believe in the Trinity.....as a Unitarian, you do not......however that doesn't change the fact you quoted a verse out of the Bible, claiming it said something it obviously did not......the fact you do not believe in the NT does not change that error.....the fact you misrepresented what the Bible said does not make me a phony......

Suicide is a selfish and ultimately destructive act.

It hurts all those you leave behind.

Williams was a public figure..and his life wasn't "private". That was by his own design.

Much as I loved his work and his charitable nature? This was not a good thing to do. Even moreso given that he had encouraged so many to "fight the good fight..".
I agree. In addition, I just don't feel a lot of pity for people who are given every advantage and throw it all away. As well, he had a wife and children. He had the opportunity for a full, rich life with everything anyone could wish for, and he thew it all away. I suppose he was mentally ill, but that is a reason to seek mental health assistance, not commit suicide.

Widely believed is not what was written......

When Jesus had received the sour wine, he said, “It is finished,” and he bowed his head and gave up his spirit. John 19:30

Someone ran and filled a sponge with sour wine, put it on a reed, and gave Him a drink, saying, "Let us see whether Elijah will come to take Him down." And Jesus uttered a loud cry, and breathed His last. mark 15:37
Matthew Mark
At the beginning of the crucifixion . . .
27:34 "They gave Him wine to drink mingled with gall; and after tasting it, He was unwilling to drink." (Greek "wine" is "ozos" which is a mixture of sour wine or vinegar and water). 15:23 "And they tried to give Him wine mixed with myrrh; but He did not take it." (Greek "wine" is "oinos" which means simply, wine).

. . . several hours pass . . .
27:48 "And immediately one of them ran, and taking a sponge, he filled it with sour wine, and put it on a reed, and gave Him a drink." (Greek "sour wine" is "ozos" or vinegar as above). 15:36 "And someone ran and filled a sponge with sour wine, put it on a reed, and gave Him a drink." (Greek "sour wine" is "ozos" or vinegar). Was the vinegar given to Jesus on the cross mingled with gall or myrrh Christian Apologetics and Research Ministry sedative free

Last edited:
And your point, according to Matt and Mark he declined it

The point was that it was a case of assisted suicide.

and Jesus did drink the wine mixed with gall, a narcotic or poison.

When Jesus had received the wine mixed with gall, he said, “It is finished,” and he bowed his head and gave up his spirit. John 19:30

Someone ran and filled a sponge with sour wine, put it on a reed, and gave Him a drink, saying, "Let us see whether Elijah will come to take Him down." And Jesus uttered a loud cry, and breathed His last. mark 15:37

They mocked him saying, "Let us see whether Elijah will come to take Him down.", because they just gave him poison.

And your point, according to Matt and Mark he declined it

When Jesus had received the wine mixed with gall, he said, “It is finished,” and he bowed his head and gave up his spirit. John 19:30
above, what you claim John 19 says.....below, what John 19 says....
"29 A jar of wine vinegar was there, so they soaked a sponge in it, put the sponge on a stalk of the hyssop plant, and lifted it to Jesus’ lips."
John 19 NIV - Jesus Sentenced to Be Crucified - Then - Bible Gateway

no....he did not....he declined it.....you are misstating what the Bible said.....again....

You seem to be having a system malfunction.

Jesus did drink it and it did contain either opium, a narcotic, or poison.

As soon as he drank it he died.

do the math.

no....he did not....he declined it.....you are misstating what the Bible said.....again....

You seem to be having a system malfunction.

Jesus did drink it and it did contain either opium, a narcotic, or poison.

As soon as he drank it he died.

do the math.
that is the third time you have misstated what the Scriptures say.......why?.....do feel you can win an argument by lying?......

that is the third time you have misstated what the Scriptures say.......why?.....do feel you can win an argument by lying?......

First you claimed that wine mixed with gall was not a narcotic even though it is and then you say that Jesus didn't drink it even though he did.

I think it has become painfully apparent who the liar is, except to you.

I wonder why?

First you claimed that wine mixed with gall was not a narcotic even though it is and then you say that Jesus didn't drink it even though he did.

I think it has become painfully apparent who the liar is, except to you.

I wonder why?
????.....I didn't claim wine mixed with gall was not a narcotic......I merely pointed out that you were lying and asked you why?........three times you claimed that John 19 said something it did not say......I have pasted the text so that is obvious.......now, why did you do it......

Suicide is a selfish and ultimately destructive act.

It hurts all those you leave behind.

Williams was a public figure..and his life wasn't "private". That was by his own design.

Much as I loved his work and his charitable nature? This was not a good thing to do. Even moreso given that he had encouraged so many to "fight the good fight..".
I disagree.

His life was his and it's his choice.

If people put him on some sort of pedestal that was their doing not his.

Who are you to tell someone they have to keep living if they don't want to?

Forum List

Back