CDZ Robert E. Lee is Not Our Heritage

Discussion in 'Clean Debate Zone' started by midcan5, Aug 16, 2017.

1. Slash

Slash Senior Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +305
    I agree. And I really haven't learned a lot from statues and it seems a lot of people here haven't either with this revisionist history we try to write about the reasons for rebellion.

IF we had a group of American's rebelling against the right for women to vote and going to war against the US, I would want their statues off the property of the Government they tried to overthrow as well. If MLK created an army and waged war nearly capturing the President for the purpose of taking away the human rights of homosexuals, I would want his statues removed as well.

The issue isn't that Lee and Davis and others were flawed people by today's standards. It's that they rebelled and took up arms and tried to overthrow the USA.

2. Dan Stubbs

Dan Stubbs forget....Hell Gold Supporting Member Supporting Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +986
    These radicals want to rewrite history, and taking down memorials are just part of it. Robert E Lee is just part of it.

3. task0778

task0778 Silver Member Supporting Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +1,693
    Robert E. Lee and the Confederacy are part of our heritage, like it or not. So is slavery, Wounded Knee, the Trail of Tears, and the Japanese Internment Camps. At one time or another we discriminated against damn near everybody based on ethnicity or where they came from. Who we are now is based in part on who we were, and we cannot hide from it.

This is about politics, one side trying to tar the other with the actions and words of a few white supremacists who do not matter. And someone died out of purely political purposes. No doubt there are many on the Left who feel bad about that, but also way too many on the Left who don't.

4. IsaacNewton

IsaacNewton Gold Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +11,481
    Who was Robert E Lee? Without statues I don't remember anything that happened before the last War on Christmas. Or as we in the know call it The War To End All Wars.

So Robert E Lee, or is it Robert Elee? Without an image etched in stone riding on a bronze horse history is lost to me. Yet, for some reason, I remember Tut Ankhamun, Socrates, Abraham Lincoln, The Battle of Gettysburg, The Fall of Rome, Lucille Ball, Caesar, Ghengis Khan, Robbie the Robot, Eli Whitney, The Wright Brothers, The Sea of Tranquility which can also be said of Lake Tahoe, hula hoops, clackers, Pong, Davey Crockett, The Pilgrims, John Wayne saying "Pilgrim", Mt Everest, T-Rex, T. Rex, Star Trek, quasars, and the sound of me putting rubber bands on newspapers at 4 am on Sunday before delivering them decades ago.

But Elee? Not without a statue.

5. Tipsycatlover

Tipsycatlover Gold Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +18,291
    What a shame!

• Agree Agree x 1
  6. JimBowie1958

JimBowie1958 Old Fogey

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +32,211
    One of the greatest military generals of all time and a Dimocrat cant thunk of who he is, lol.

7. IsaacNewton

IsaacNewton Gold Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +11,481
    I think that is the quote etched on all the statues in the South about losing the war.

• Funny Funny x 1
  8. yiostheoy

yiostheoy Gold Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +9,379
    Jefferson Davis, Robert E. Lee, James Longstreet, and every Confederate general should have been hunted down and hanged for treason.

• Agree Agree x 1
  9. ChrisL

ChrisL Diamond Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +48,471
    It was a different time and a different world back then. You can't judge a person from then based upon today's standards which didn't exist back then.

• Agree Agree x 1
  10. Penelope

Penelope Gold Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +9,337
    He is on the wrong side of history, he is a hero like Stalin and Hitler were. Same thing.

• Funny Funny x 1