CDZ Robert E. Lee is Not Our Heritage

Discussion in 'Clean Debate Zone' started by midcan5, Aug 16, 2017.

1. Slash

Slash Senior Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +247
    I agree. And I really haven't learned a lot from statues and it seems a lot of people here haven't either with this revisionist history we try to write about the reasons for rebellion.

IF we had a group of American's rebelling against the right for women to vote and going to war against the US, I would want their statues off the property of the Government they tried to overthrow as well. If MLK created an army and waged war nearly capturing the President for the purpose of taking away the human rights of homosexuals, I would want his statues removed as well.

The issue isn't that Lee and Davis and others were flawed people by today's standards. It's that they rebelled and took up arms and tried to overthrow the USA.

2. Dan Stubbs

Dan Stubbs forget....Hell Gold Supporting Member Supporting Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +985
    These radicals want to rewrite history, and taking down memorials are just part of it. Robert E Lee is just part of it.

3. task0778

task0778 Silver Member Supporting Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +1,598
    Robert E. Lee and the Confederacy are part of our heritage, like it or not. So is slavery, Wounded Knee, the Trail of Tears, and the Japanese Internment Camps. At one time or another we discriminated against damn near everybody based on ethnicity or where they came from. Who we are now is based in part on who we were, and we cannot hide from it.

This is about politics, one side trying to tar the other with the actions and words of a few white supremacists who do not matter. And someone died out of purely political purposes. No doubt there are many on the Left who feel bad about that, but also way too many on the Left who don't.