Roads, guardrails, and parking garages were not designed for the weight of EVs

It's funny how when the US demand for oil started to flatten out, the Koch brothers spent millions of dollars on anti-ev propaganda targeting the conservative echo chambers and just a few years later conservative attitudes have went from indifferent about EVs to hostile.

No, you just have the expertise to try and make EVs look bad, despite there not being an issue. If a 4,400 lb EV is going to destroy our roads, then why are we using over the road 188 wheelers and not more rail transport?
there you go.

I am not trying t make EV's "look bad" That's you ASSuming shit again

I am saying that the extra weight of EVs is something that will need to be addressed and the results of more and more heavier cars on the roads will have a real effect.

YOU want to deny that fact.

This idiotic narrowmindedness you are displaying is the single greatest cause of unintended consequences

It's funny how when the US demand for oil started to flatten out, the Koch brothers spent millions of dollars on anti-ev propaganda targeting the conservative echo chambers and just a few years later conservative attitudes have went from indifferent about EVs to hostile.
It's funny how when people bring up a valid point that needs to be factored into future plans that the zealots think it's an attack on their position

there you go.

I am saying that the extra weight of EVs is something that will need to be addressed and the results of more and more heavier cars on the roads will have a real effect.

This idiotic narrowmindedness you are displaying is the single greatest cause of unintended consequences

I have denied nothing of the kind.

there you go.

Okay....

If weight is your only concern like you're pretending it is...

Did you voice the same concerns when the Escalade came out or the larger trucks?

Nope.

So why are you so suddenly worried about weight now?

It's funny how when people bring up a valid point that needs to be factored into future plans that the zealots think it's an attack on their position

Has anyone denied that heavier vehicles increase wear and tear on the roads? No.

But it is funny that if someone points out that some ICEs are heavier, you claim it is an invalid response.

Has anyone denied that heavier vehicles increase wear and tear on the roads? No.

But it is funny that if someone points out that some ICEs are heavier, you claim it is an invalid response.

You dismissed with your idiotic comparison of all EVs to a suburban

Okay....

If weight is your only concern like you're pretending it is...

Did you voice the same concerns when the Escalade came out or the larger trucks?

Nope.

So why are you so suddenly worried about weight now?

OK where did I say it was my only concern?

Quote the fucking post

ANd once again we see some sort of moronic comparison.

How many escalades are on the road compared to Camrys?

How about 100 million midsize EVs compared to the same size ICE vehicle and the additional wear and tear they will cause on roads?

No you fuckwads take one of the largest cars on the road and think it's the same fucking thing

Why is it all you people who think you're so future thinking and tech savvy can';t seem to actually think of problems that may arise before they actually do?

Last edited:
You dismissed with your idiotic comparison of all EVs to a suburban

I simply pointed out that you want to ignore any heavy ICE vehicles.

And you used the absolute heaviest EV you could. Despite the fact that the lighter vehicle is far and away more popular EV..

Quote the fucking post
Okay what is your concern then... because you said that the weight of vehicles is going to cause problems.

Here are the quotes:

the more EV cars on the road the more the additional weight becomes an issue.

if you increase the weight of all cars by 30% that there will be additional wear and tear on the roads

The weight is an issue that needs to be taken into account.

What is your other concern?

Quote the fucking post

Okay what is your concern then... because you said that the weight of vehicles is going to cause problems.

Here are the quotes:

What is your other concern?

And it will cause problems.

This thread is specifically about the additional weight and I am merely saying that it is something that needs to be addressed as more EVs are on the road and since fucktards like you think ALL cars should be EVs it's beyond stupid not to think about it.

You're assuming I am somehow anti EV because I bring up a valid concern you want to ignore.

And I don't think you're being intentionally obtuse it's natural for you just like being intellectually dishonest is

This thread is specifically about the additional weight and I am merely saying that it is something that needs to be addressed as more EVs are on the road and since fucktards like you think ALL cars should be EVs it's beyond stupid not the think about it.

You're assuming I am somehow anti EV because I bring up a valid concern you want to ignore.

And I don't think you're being intentionally obtuse it's natural for you just like being intellectually dishonest is

Wow, I guess when you were silent about all of the new SUVs on the road replacing smaller vehicles; you were "beyond stupid" then?

You're also beyond stupid if you think that we can't spot your line of bullshit on this thread; it is a textbook case of intellectual dishonesty.

So explain why you were silent then but not now?

This thread is specifically about the additional weight and I am merely saying that it is something that needs to be addressed as more EVs are on the road and since fucktards like you think ALL cars should be EVs it's beyond stupid not to think about it.

I think it is hilarious that you think it is either hate EVs or we want all vehicles to be EVs.

Wow, I guess when you were silent about all of the new SUVs on the road replacing smaller vehicles; you were "beyond stupid" then?

You're also beyond stupid if you think that we can't spot your line of bullshit on this thread; it is a textbook case of intellectual dishonesty.

So explain why you were silent then but not now?

Make a thread about it.

And SUVs are still not the largest class of cars on the roads are they?

The comparison here is between ICE and EV vehicles and in every class EVs are heavier and that is an issue that will need to be addressed. But you have to trivialize it because it doesn;t jive with your emotional attachment to EVs.

Ignore it if you want I really don't give a fuck.

Make a thread about it.

And SUVs are still not the largest class of cars on the roads are they?

The comparison here is between ICE and EV vehicles and in every class EVs are heavier and that is an issue that will need to be addressed. But you have to trivialize it because it doesn;t jive with your emotional attachment to EVs.

Ignore it if you want I really don't give a fuck.
So you were silent about it because I didn't make a thread about this non-issue of weight on the roadways.

Wow... your head is so far up your ass that you're coughing up dandruff.

So you were silent about it because I didn't make a thread about this non-issue of weight on the roadways.

Wow... your head is so far up your ass that you're coughing up dandruff.

What is it that you don't understand about the idea of comparisons?

If you replace every car on the road with another that is 30% heavier what do you think will happen?

Nothing right?

If you want to actually have an intelligent discussion let me know.

until then go fuck yourself

Look another fucking retard

No, just a valid question you do not want to answer.

Look, there are plenty of valid reasons not to want an EV. Range, time it takes to refuel, and even the danger of fires we are not totally prepared to combat.

But weight? A 2018 Cadillac Escalade weighs 7,500 lbs.

Forum List

Back