Roads, guardrails, and parking garages were not designed for the weight of EVs

And how many decades before the EVs even equal the number of ICEs? To say nothing of this "replacing all ICE cars with EVs". Right now they account for around 1% of light vehicles on the road.
It doesn't fucking matter.

It's simple physics.

Are you chimps utterly incapable of thinking ahead?

What percentage of vehicles are electric.? The more electric cars on the road , the more the increased weight will have an effect.

Don't be a fucking idiot facts are facts.

I'm not being an idiot, so spare me the personal shit and stick with the topic.

EVs account for 1% of the vehicles on the road. How many decades will it be until there are more EVs than ICE vehicles? And will we see ALL vehicles on the road being EVs in the next century? I doubt it.

I'm not being an idiot, so spare me the personal shit and stick with the topic.

EVs account for 1% of the vehicles on the road. How many decades will it be until there are more EVs than ICE vehicles? And will we see ALL vehicles on the road being EVs in the next century? I doubt it.

And you are utterly incapable of realizing that the more EV cars on the road the more the additional weight becomes an issue.

And the goal is to replace all ICE cars

No outrage. Just an observation that there are some (more than a few) people here who simply dislike EVs for some reason.

And I do not agree with the gov't mandates concerning EVs.

No, I was talking about CC's selective outrage by my response to your previous thought.

While we both could be considered ''off-topic,'' she only wagged her finger at me. lol.

At least I think CC is a she. Not sure.

But whatever. It's Cream-o-Wheat time anyway.

Have a good rest of the morning, man...

What percentage of vehicles are electric.? The more electric cars on the road , the more the increased weight will have an effect.
Have they stopped putting heavier SUVs, 18 wheelers, etc.. on the road in the last few years? Nope. The roads are holding up as well as they always have.
Don't be a fucking idiot facts are facts.
Yeah...you should learn some. It would be a nice change. Now go shoot something; you'll feel better.

It doesn't fucking matter.

It's simple physics.

Are you chimps utterly incapable of thinking ahead?

Yes, simple physics. So what weight limit do you think is acceptable?

The Tesla Model Y weighs 4400 lbs. Is that too heavy for our roads?

Have they stopped putting heavier SUVs, 18 wheelers, etc.. on the road in the last few years? Nope. The roads are holding up as well as they always have.

Yeah...you should learn some. It would be a nice change. Now go shoot something; you'll feel better.

And you're the same fucking idiot you have always been

And you are utterly incapable of realizing that the more EV cars on the road the more the additional weight becomes an issue.

And the goal is to replace all ICE cars

And the goal of EV manufacturers is to make them more efficient and with longer ranger. That means making the batteries lighter. Which will happen before they replace all the ICEs with EVs.

Yes, simple physics. So what weight limit do you think is acceptable?

The Tesla Model Y weighs 4400 lbs. Is that too heavy for our roads?

I'm not a civil engineer but it doesn;t take a fucking rocket scientist to know that if you increase the weight of all cars by 30% that there will be additional wear and tear on the roads

Why is it you zealots think that someone stating a simple fact is somehow an attack on your religion of EVs?

No, I was talking about CC's selective outrage by my response to your previous thought.

While we both could be considered ''off-topic,'' she only wagged her finger at me. lol.

At least I think CC is a she. Not sure.

But whatever. It's Cream-o-Wheat time anyway.

Have a good rest of the morning, man...

My mistake.

Have a good morning.

And the goal of EV manufacturers is to make them more efficient and with longer ranger. That means making the batteries lighter. Which will happen before they replace all the ICEs with EVs

Yeah OK

How much has the weight of an EV decreased over the past decade?

The weight is an issue that needs to be taken into account. That's all I'm saying but you morons are incapable of understanding that

I'm not a civil engineer but it doesn;t take a fucking rocket scientist to know that if you increase the weight of all cars by 30% that there will be additional wear and tear on the roads

Why is it you zealots think that someone stating a simple fact is somehow an attack on your religion of EVs?

No one is denying that EVs are heavier than ICEs. No one is arguing that heavier vehicles will cause an increase road wear.

But the supposition in the OP is about when ALL vehicles are EVs. We are nowhere near that, and will not be for decades (at least).

Plus, when I asked what the weight limit should be, you zipped right by.

Yeah OK

How much has the weight of an EV decreased over the past decade?

The weight is an issue that needs to be taken into account. That's all I'm saying but you morons are incapable of understanding that

Again, spare me the personal shit.

Ok, how much has the weight increased? And what should be the weight limit for passenger vehicles?

No one is denying that EVs are heavier than ICEs. No one is arguing that heavier vehicles will cause an increase road wear.

But the supposition in the OP is about when ALL vehicles are EVs. We are nowhere near that, and will not be for decades (at least).

Plus, when I asked what the weight limit should be, you zipped right by.
That's exactly what you're arguing

And I already told you I'm not a civil engineer and don't build roads go ask a fucking expert for the details

I don't have to be an expert in the minutia of road construction to realize a simple fucking fact.

I find it ironic that conservatives who have always chosen heavier vehicles i.e.SUVs and trucks... Now are worried about weight :auiqs.jpg:

Did you start a thread about it when the auto manufacturers started making more SUVs instead of economy cars?

Nope.

Why?

Just stop it will your fake concern you fucking moron.

That's exactly what you're arguing

And I already told you I'm not a civil engineer and don't build roads go ask a fucking expert for the details

I don't have to be an expert in the minutia of road construction to realize a simple fucking fact.

No, you just have the expertise to try and make EVs look bad, despite there not being an issue. If a 4,400 lb EV is going to destroy our roads, then why are we using over the road 188 wheelers and not more rail transport?

Many of us engineering inclined people worried about the impact on our infrastructure of vehicles that weight 30% or more than ICE vehicles. They are finally covering the problem -

A crash test performed on a guardrail on Oct. 12, 2023, highlighted the concern. At 60 mph, the 7,000-plus-pound, 2022 Rivian R1T truck tore through the barrier with little reduction in speed. In a separate test conducted in September, a 2018 Tesla Model 3 sedan lifted the guardrail and passed below it, coming to rest behind the barrier.

While the Manhattan parking garage collapse in early April was not blamed on EVs, the disaster nonetheless underscored an issue of growing concern: whether aging roads and old garages can handle all the extra weight.

Like all things liberal, common sense defies the case for EVs. For example, tire life on a Tesla is ridiculously low. That means roads are getting chopped up by these heavy torque machines, and as a bonus, more tires are getting discarded - great for the environment.

We're all going to pay for this nonsense.
Did you make a similar thread when the auto makers started making more SUVs than economy cars?

If not...why not? They are heavier and you are (giggle)..."engineering inclined". Certainly...you were bothered by it.

Weren't you?

Forum List

Back