rise of the planet of the apes

are you looking forward to seeing this?
Yes, but not necessarily at the theater. There are few movies that I am willing to pay $40 for my girlfriend and I to see in a theater while also listening to some idiot behind me talk to their friend or text on their cell phone. Living by the wisdom that "Patience is a virtue" and waiting for most movies to come out on cable/Netflix/Redbox not only saves me a bundle of cash, but the aggravation of dealing with rude people.

BTW, the USA Today review gave it 3 out of 4 stars.

Last edited:
are you looking forward to seeing this? i am ...i will admit to seeing all of the other movies and there are how many of those? only 5? damn seems like more...anyways.....i am gonna try to go to a festival in burnsville.....45 miles that way....and then the movies in boone.....spins around 35 miles that way...damn do i really want to do all this in one day? lot of activity....

but i am really looking forward to this release....there has not been much this summer to enjoy

‪Rise of the Planet of the Apes Full Trailer Official (HD)‬‏ - YouTube

Ill wait till it comes out on DVD... in the sale box. It just doesn't look very interesting to me at all.

40 bucks? for a movie? i would not pay that to see any movie....yall need to be hearting the apes...come on.....the first part as i said was slow....now here is what i couldnt figure out...how many damned apes are in san fransico?

there is a love story of course....man loves ape...ape loves man...that all goes south but not that fast...it could have gotten to the action a lot faster...but its a solid movie...perhaps you just have to be a planet of the apes fan

My last trip to the movie theater was three years deep in the last millennium.

People forgot how to behave at the cinema.

Around here the last matinée show before 6pm is 'super' matinée. $5 for all tickets.

Tuesday is 'recession Tuesday'. Regular popcorn or drink is $1.
MrsHorty and I will take the 3 grands then.
:cool:
Would like to see Cowboys and Aliens too, but.....

I just hate going to the theatre... Its a new kind of daycare center! :wtf:

I will wait for dvd release and go to a redbox & if it blows I will watch it on netflix next year :lol:
Cuz thats where bad movies go to die.... :tongue:

I don't pay for American movies, my neighbor has them all on USB/hdd.
This evening I will watch this movie, and can write a small review.

I just hate going to the theatre... Its a new kind of daycare center! :wtf:

I will wait for dvd release and go to a redbox & if it blows I will watch it on netflix next year :lol:
Cuz thats where bad movies go to die.... :tongue:

Love going to the movies but I'm not excited about this one. If he really wants to go, I will but not my kind of movie really.

I don't pay for American movies, my neighbor has them all on USB/hdd.
This evening I will watch this movie, and can write a small review.

I watched it now, and it was good.
And it was a movie without showing tits or any other sexist elements. Too violent it was also not.
The chimpanzees were too strong anatomically, but it's just a movie (fantasy).
And some illogical things were also in the plot like the 1st chimpanzee being shot who was in the lab (scientists didn't recognize she was pregnant).

I've seen all the Planet of the Apes movies. I particularly liked this one with it's animal activist theme.

I thought it was great. Honestly I liked it nearly as much as the original. Amazing acting and story telling.

With great review and scoring a ton at the box office and growing, you can bet their will be a sequel.

My Prediction on the second one:
The virus spreads across the globe killing the victims in months (remember the weaker strain was released, not the quicker killing improved one). Scientist across the world scramble to cure the pandemic, including Will (Franco). In the meantime Apes across the world are also infected, but they become intelligent instead of dying. They start to organize and arm themselves.

Since the pandemic comes on quickly and kills so many in a short period of time. Caeser and the Apes in the first one aren't hunted down by the humans! Eventually a cure is discovered (probably by Franco) and humanity is saved. However, the world human population is devastated. Say 3/4 are killed by the virus. The movie starts out running through the pandemic spreading to a cure found rather rapidly and then fast-forwards to shortly after the virus is cured. At the point, Apes and human are in open combat with each other! The humans are losing and the humans decide to go nuclear! Most of the Apes and Humanity are bombed into the stoneages.

bought a pirate copy in the market Sunday haven't watched it yet

I've seen all the Planet of the Apes movies. I particularly liked this one with it's animal activist theme.

Who would have though you would like the animal activist theme! However, I agree with that. We should be harmful to animals because we are the dominate species. We wouldn't like the role reversal!

Forum List

Back