Zone1 RIP: Irene Cara

Haven't heard anything about her in more than a quarter century and now her death is the subject of no less than three posts. Put it in the "nothing better to do " forum.

An iconic movie, she definitely made her mark. Sad, that's too young RIP.
When the movie first came out, I didn't really want to see it, because I'm not a fan of musicals, but my wife forced me to go. I actually ended up liking it, and unbeknownst to her, I secretly went back to the theatre one day, and saw it again by myself.....lol.

Ah didn't see yours; started one in General Discussion. Feel free to delete.

She was a great dancer, singer and actress in that movie, and only 63 when she passed. May God rest her soul.
Yes, she was very talented, and so young to pass. No worries about two threads.

if it's OK with you, I'll merge the two.

Sad.

RIP Irene Cara.

1669670390051.png

Perry and Swift are not in my wheelhouse but to claim they aren't extremely talented as a vocalist and songwriter respectively is crazy talk. Swift especially dominated two genres, country and then pop, and at a young age, both genres notorious for dozens of one hit wonders and fickle fans, yet they came out with hit after hit after hit. Swift is by far the more talented of the two.

And who wouldn't be weird if they were superstars before they were out of high school?

Forum List

Back