RIP Evan Sun (aged 4)

Coroner rules fatal shooting of 4-year-old an accident

Picked up a gun in the house and shot himself with his dads gun.

No drugs, no violent movies, no broken homes, no gang members.

No consequences either. Life is cheap in the US.

Monday, April 29, 2019

A deli owner in Cleveland, Ohio, defended himself against would-be armed robbers. Hiding their faces, two men in hooded sweatshirts entered the deli on a Sunday morning. One of the men held a firearm, tried to force his way past the counter, and ordered the deli owner to open his cash register. but the owner had his own firearm, which he pulled out and fired at both men. They escaped and were still at large. (fox8.com, Cleveland, Ohio, 3/3/19)

Armed Citizen Extra
An armed mother in Burlington exchanged fire with a burglar in defense of her home and son early one Wednesday morning. After being alerted by the sound of the intruder breaking into the kitchen, she quickly went to investigate, bringing along her firearm. Upon seeing her, the burglar opened fire. When she returned fire however, the reversal prompted him to climb back out the window whence he entered, and run off. Police are still looking for the criminal. (myfox8.com, Burlington, N.C., 4/10/19)

Friday, April 26, 2019

Armed Citizen Extra
After a man tried to break into a home, shouting for his girlfriend, the homeowner was forced to act. First alerted by a loud banging on the rear door, the homeowner found the man first beating on the door then, after he was asked to leave, attempting to reach through the pet door to unlock the entryway. After the homeowner knocked the man's arm away from the knob, he backed away undeterred, and began lobbing rocks at the door. The homeowner continued to admonish the man to leave, even yelling "I will shoot you!" several times. The man ignored the warnings, however, and managed to unlock the back door and enter the house, at which point the homeowner shot him in the leg. (Arizona Daily Independent, Navajo County, Ariz., 3/31/2019)

Monday, April 22, 2019

An armed citizen of the Hoosier State received an early-morning surprise while entering his car. The Kokomo, Ind., resident was getting into his car when a suspicious man wearing a bandana entered his car without warning. The driver armed himself with his firearm and informed the suspect he was armed. This did not deter the would-be carjacker, who pulled out a handgun of his own. In response, the armed citizen fired several times at the suspect, who fled the vehicle without a fight and without firing his weapon. It is unknown if the suspect was struck, and the investigation is ongoing. (theindychannel.com, Kokomo, Ind., 2/4/19)

Armed Citizen Extra
After being bloodied and threatened by a hitchhiker he picked up in Duquesne, a 73-year-old Pennsylvania man was forced to think quickly. Having just minutes earlier picked up a male and female hitchhiker, the driver became suspicious when the male passenger began sending him along an alley. Suddenly, the passenger told him to stop his SUV, informed the driver he was going to rob him and hit him with a pistol. Though bleeding, the driver managed to exit the car. While the female passenger ran off, the man followed the driver out and leveled a gun at him. It was at this point that the driver fatally shot the would-be robber three times with this own legally carried pistol, resolving the incident. (Pittsburgh's Action 4 News, Duquesne, Pa., 4/4/19)

Friday, April 19, 2019

A disgruntled customer opened fire on employees in an IHOP during a late-night food run. The 25-year-old customer arrived at the restaurant to pick up a carry-out order and argued with one of the employees over it. Eyewitnesses reported seeing the disturbed customer leave the chain restaurant and return with a pistol in hand. Police say the customer started firing at employees and killed a 56-year-old worker. One wounded employee pulled a concealed-carry gun and returned fire at the shooter in defense of himself and others, killing the suspected attacker. The armed citizen was taken to the hospital for treatment. (tribtown.com, Huntsville, Ala., 1/17/19)

Armed Citizen Extra
A pre-dawn home invasion was thwarted by an armed citizen early one Friday morning. As two men attempted to break into a Centreville home, the homeowner opened fire, hitting one man in the neck. The wounded man was taken to a nearby hospital for treatment, while the other intruder, believed to be armed, fled the scene. (Belleville News-Democrat, Centerville, Ill., 3/22/19)

Monday, April 15, 2019

Out in Boyds Mills, Pa., a man in his 90s awoke to the sound of someone banging loudly on the rear entrance of his home. The elderly homeowner approached the door with his gun to investigate the situation. Outside, there was an unknown man who was demanding to be let inside for a cigarette. The homeowner refused to provide entry and told the man to leave the premises. Undeterred, the trespasser stated that he was coming inside anyway and pulled a weapon from his pocket. Fearing for his life, the armed citizen raised and fired his gun—hitting the trespasser in the leg—before retreating to his bedroom and calling 911. Police arrived and transported the wounded trespasser to the hospital before filing charges against him. (The Wayne Independent, Boyds Mills, Pa., 1/15/19)

Armed Citizen Extra
An attempted home robbery went badly for the robbers one Wednesday afternoon in Chattanooga, Tenn. After a relative of the homeowner let some burglars in through the front door, before demanding money himself, the intended victim sprang quickly into action. Seizing a nearby pistol, the homeowner commenced firing at the intruders, hitting and fatally wounding one. A brief physical altercation with his relative, who ultimately fled, ended the affair. (Times Free Press, Chattanooga, Tenn., 3/27/2019)

You want him to list 1.1 million instances for you?
Well it equates to over 3000 a day. That's 21000 a week. Let's have the proof.

Dimwit, I have lost count of the number of times you have had this very point verified for you through the statistics on various government websites such as the CDCP, the FBI, and the DOJ. And every damned time, you utterly ignore it and keep one shouting your assumptions into the ether, and then come back on another thread and start demanding proof again like nothing happened.

So I tell you what. Let's have the proof that you have a functioning memory and that we're not just throwing perfectly good information down a giant, swirling toilet bowl in your skull, and maybe then I'll go to the trouble of citing the sources for the umpteenth time.
https://www.tandfonline.com/doi/abs/10.1080/09332480.1997.10542033?journalCode=ucha20
This was the first link I opened. Gun nuts making it up ? Surely not.

17 studies vs. Hemenway....a known, anti-gun hack, who, as my last post shows, doesn't even do quality research....
You still havent given any examples from last week. The Gun Violence Archive provides about 20 verified incidents. Do you have any advance on that ?

And more....

Monday, April 8, 2019

In the early morning hours in Temecula, Calif., a retired Marine awoke to the sounds of a break-in. Arming himself with a handgun, the homeowner went to confront two would-be burglars who had entered his rural residence. One of the suspects opened fire on the Marine. This act resulted in a shootout inside the home. After emptying his firearm, the homeowner retreated to another room, as the two suspects fled. One of the suspected attackers, who apparently had been hit by the armed citizen during the incident, was taken to the hospital for treatment with gunshot injuries. Sheriff’s deputies responded to an emergency call at the residence and alerted local hospitals to watch for suspicious people with gunshot injuries. Deputies soon learned of a man at a hospital who was believed to have been involved in the shootout with the retired Marine, and an investigation was launched into the incident. (riversidecountynewssource.org, Temecula, Calif., 12/20/19)

Armed Citizen Extra
In what appears to be an increasing trend amongst would-be thieves, a man was forced to kill an assailant he was meeting up with, purportedly to buy a PlayStation. According to police, after linking up with the man on an online reselling app, the buyer drove to an apartment complex to pick up the purchase, but instead was approached in his vehicle by a masked man with a rifle. A concealed-carry permit holder, the man drew his own firearm and began shooting, which proved fatal to his attacker. (abc13.com, Houston, Texas, 03/27/19)

17 studies vs. Hemenway....a known, anti-gun hack, who, as my last post shows, doesn't even do quality research....
You still havent given any examples from last week. The Gun Violence Archive provides about 20 verified incidents. Do you have any advance on that ?

Since these are local stories and are rarely covered by national news.....

May 17....

Homeowner tried to defend property from burglar with stick. When that didn’t work, he used a gun

A man in Thurston County was forced to defend himself Friday when a homeless intruder broke into his home.

Police say the suspect trespassed onto the property and refused to leave after being told by the homeowner. That's when things took a turn for the worse.

The Thurston County Sheriff's Office said when the intruder didn’t leave, he started to come through the back door and attack the homeowner.

Detectives say the homeowner did his best to fend off the burglary suspect in his kitchen, using a piece of wood. When that wasn’t enough, he fired a single shot, hitting the intruder in the chest.

May 15....another local story not covered by national news...

Woman afraid boyfriend would cut her, shoots him five times, police say

Believing that her boyfriend was retrieving knives to cut her, a woman shot him Wednesday inside their south Fort Worth house, police said.

The woman shot the man five times, in his torso and his arm, Fort Worth police said. The man was in critical condition in the minutes after he was shot and was in surgery at John Peter Smith Hospital. Police did not release his name or age.

The woman was being interviewed by family violence unit detectives.

The violence erupted about 11 a.m. in the house near Clovermeadow and Shadymeadow Drives, police said.

The man made a threat to harm his girlfriend during a dispute, police said.

When the woman, whose name and age police also did not release, believed that her boyfriend went downstairs to get knives, she went upstairs and “grabbed the gun that they keep in the house,” police said.

May 19...another local story....

Tennessee Self defense: Police: Shooter Acted In Self defense Two People Dead :: Firearms Owners Against Crime

HIXSON, Tenn. - Chattanooga Police Department says no charges will be filed for the man who shot and killed two people Saturday night.

Officials say the shooter 25-year-old Cameron Denton appears to have acted in self defense.

Police say they arrived to 6700 block of Ardis Lane after reports of shooting

They found two people suffering from gunshot wounds.

Officials say 27-year-old Kirtus Thompson died on the scene and 57-year-old Douglas Patterson was transported to a local hospital where he later died.

The shooter was also transported to the hospital for treatment after suffering serious injuries.

The investigation is active at this time.

Chattanooga Police ask anyone with information regarding this incident to call the homicide tip line at 423-643-5100 or submit a tip via the CPD Mobile App. You can remain anonymous.

Wabash Trail homeowner opens fire on intruder in kitchen, two later arrested in burglary
They are all on the Gun Violence Archive. Out of the remaining 21k events last week you must be able to dredge up a few verified incidents.

Gun violence Archive only has gun criminals......

Again....17 actual studies by private and government research groups into the number of defensive gun use cases each year.....vs. you demanding I search local newspapers for shootings, when the majority of defensive uses of guns don't require anyone get shot, hence they don't make the news.....
GVA has more than you have. If there are 21k a week you should be able to produce something. Its not complicated.

And more....the stories that are allowed into the news.....

Friday, April 5, 2019

An armed citizen provided timely aid to a store employee who was assaulted by two shoplifters. In Loomis, Calif., a man and woman walked into a store and apparently attempted to leave with more than $50 worth of goods. A store employee confronted the pair over the alleged theft and was attacked by the male shoplifter with a knife. As the pair scuffled, the woman picked up the knife in an attempt to injure the worker as well. A bystander with a concealed-carry permit saw the incident and drew a firearm—ordering the woman to drop the knife and remain where she was. Officers soon arrived and arrested the pair for multiple criminal violations. (The Sacramento Bee, Loomis, Calif., 1/4/19)

The Armed Citizen Extra
A clerk at a Nashville auto parts store defended his store, and his life, one Wednesday afternoon. After having an argument with a customer earlier in the day, he saw the same customer pull back up to the store with a shotgun-wielding friend, who began to advance toward the store. The clerk, acting quickly, drew his pistol and shot the man as he advanced, sending him to the hospital with a critical chest wound. (News Channel 5, Nashville, Tenn, 3/13/19)

And more....the stories that are allowed into the news.....
You know he doesn't really care - right?
He simply hates guns and no amount of evidence of their good use will change that.

Yep.....but now if anyone not usually interested in guns and self defense jumps into the thread, or other 2nd Amendment supporters see the thread, they now have information they won't get in any other place...... That is one of the reasons I engage morons like Tommy and Joe.....and it also helps polish up my skills at debating the topic......I wouldn't have access to the information I have if I didn't engage morons like them....

And here....

Cabbie shoots would-be armed robber, police say

A robbery suspect was shot by his intended victim Monday morning at Greenwood Manor Apartments.

City police said a local cab driver picked up the suspect on the Indiana State University campus before 10:45 a.m. Monday and took him to an apartment on 19th Street.

Officer Ryan Adamson said the suspect exited the 1st Choice cab and then pulled a gun on the cab driver, intending to rob the man. The cab driver, however, pulled out a firearm and shot the suspect, who then ran off.

Police found the suspect in the 2100 block of 231/2 Drive after he called for medical help, Adamson said. The suspect was taken to a local hospital for medical treatment of non-life-threatening injuries.

They are all on the Gun Violence Archive. Out of the remaining 21k events last week you must be able to dredge up a few verified incidents.

Gun violence Archive only has gun criminals......

Again....17 actual studies by private and government research groups into the number of defensive gun use cases each year.....vs. you demanding I search local newspapers for shootings, when the majority of defensive uses of guns don't require anyone get shot, hence they don't make the news.....
GVA has more than you have. If there are 21k a week you should be able to produce something. Its not complicated.

Again.....crimes are reported on the news every single night....self defense with a gun has to actually result in an injury or death...when most self defense with a gun results in the thug running away, or surrendering......

Again....the actual research...notice the research done by the vaunted Centers for Disease Control, and also by the bill clinton Department of Justice...

A quick guide to the studies and the numbers.....the full lay out of what was studied by each study is in the links....

The name of the group doing the study, the year of the study, the number of defensive gun uses and if police and military defensive gun uses are included.....notice the bill clinton and obama defensive gun use research is highlighted.....

GunCite-Gun Control-How Often Are Guns Used in Self-Defense

GunCite Frequency of Defensive Gun Use in Previous Surveys

Field...1976....3,052,717 ( no cops, no military)

DMIa 1978...2,141,512 ( no cops, no military)

L.A. TIMES...1994...3,609,68 ( no cops, no military)

Kleck......1994...2.5 million ( no cops, no military)

CDC...1996-1998... 1.1 million averaged over those years.( no cops, no military)

Obama's CDC....2013....500,000--3million

--------------------

Bordua...1977...1,414,544

DMIb...1978...1,098,409 ( no cops, no military)

Hart...1981...1.797,461 ( no cops, no military)

Mauser...1990...1,487,342 ( no cops,no military)

Gallup...1993...1,621,377 ( no cops, no military)

DEPT. OF JUSTICE...1994...1.5 million ( the bill clinton study)

Journal of Quantitative Criminology--- 989,883 times per year."

(Based on survey data from a 2000 study published in the Journal of Quantitative Criminology,[17] U.S. civilians use guns to defend themselves and others from crime at least 989,883 times per year.[18])

Paper: "Measuring Civilian Defensive Firearm Use: A Methodological Experiment." By David McDowall and others. Journal of Quantitative Criminology, March 2000. Measuring Civilian Defensive Firearm Use: A Methodological Experiment - Springer

-------------------------------------------

Ohio...1982...771,043

Gallup...1991...777,152

Tarrance... 1994... 764,036 (no cops, no military)

Lawerence Southwich Jr. 400,000 fewer violent crimes and at least 800,000 violent crimes deterred..

And yet you cant produce any actual examples. Thats amazing.

If these people lived in Britain...they would be victims....or corpses....but they live here so they had guns to save lives....

6/3/16

What I want you to know on Gun Violence Awareness Day | Fox News

I correctly listened to my instincts; I had a feeling that my life was in danger in that elevator and prepared myself mentally for what was potentially to come.

I ran to my car in an attempt to escape and, before I could even get my entire body in my car, I was tackled by my attacker.

This man quickly overpowered me, stabbed at me with a knife, clamped his hand over my mouth multiple times, and repeatedly tried forcing me in the passenger seat of my car while telling me, “We’re going.”

The entire time this was happening, a rusted, serrated knife was being stabbed towards my abdomen and held at my face.

I had been hit in the face, thrown over my driver’s side console, and had rips in my tights from his hands trying to force my legs up and over into the passenger seat.

There are some individuals that think gun owners are “trigger happy” and wanting to pull their weapons out at the first opportunity. There is nothing further from the truth.

The night I was attacked, I fought like hell for my life before reaching for my gun. I kicked, I screamed, I had all ten fingernails ripped off and bloodied from scratching and trying to fight my way out of a literal life and death situation.

Ultimately, I accessed my gun, shot my attacker multiple times, and saved my life. He will be spending years in prison for what he did to me.

Using a gun in self-protection is not a decision one makes lightly; in fact, I never dreamed that I would be forced into a situation where I would have to do so. However, I also never imagined such evil existing in the world so that I would be powerless, wounded, on my back and unable to physically force my attacker off of me.

I owned a gun and had been trained on how to use it. I know how to safely carry and that a gun is a serious and significant weapon; it is not to be used carelessly. Naysayers and people with opposing opinions may try to undermine my situation with hypotheticals. I cannot answer these questions. All I can do is tell the facts of my story and the true account of how I saved my own life.

What I want you to know on Gun Awareness Day is that a gun in the hands of a potential victim is not improperly placed; it can be the only thing keeping her from being brutally raped and murdered.

Without my gun, I would not be alive today.

Guns are not the problem in America; men like my attacker -- who are willing to violently change one person’s life for no reason except for pure evil – are the problem.

Be safe at all times. Be aware of your surroundings. Trust your instincts. Always be able to protect yourself. Refuse to be a victim, and instead be a fighter and a survivor. Live to tell your tale and make a criminal regret the day he chose you as a “soft target.” My gun saved my life, and one could save yours too.

------------

4/23/16

80-Year-Old Shows Us That Age Is Just A Number, Taking Out Armed Robbers During Home Invasion – Concealed Nation

Preying upon the hospitality of strangers, police are alleging that 23-year-old Whitney Kabiru approached the door of an 80-year-old man’s home and asked for help. When the elderly man opened the door, two men attempted to rob him with a BB pistol, according to a press release from the Fairmont Police Department. And for those two men, they couldn’t have made a worse mistake.
As WBOY 12 News reports, by the time Fairmont police arrived at the scene, Larry Shaver, 28, was found dead in the road with a gunshot to his head and neck area. His accomplice, John Grossklaus, 28, was recovered across the street from where the attempted robbery took place with a bullet through his abdomen. After taking Grossklaus to the hospital for treatment for his gunshot wound, he was arraigned in a local magistrate’s court. The judge set his bond at $250,000.
---------------

4/16/16

Backseat Driver: Man Shoots his Kidnappers in Front Seat

When a man was kidnapped and stuffed into a backseat by two individuals in Nevada this week, they didn’t know he was equipped to shift their plan into park. Permanently.

After taking the man from his home, the kidnappers showed him they already had one of his store employees zip-tied in the backseat of their Nissan Altima. That’s when the man, who is reportedly a jeweler, then entered the car to appease the kidnappers. What they didn’t realize is that the man they were putting into the seat behind them had a concealed weapon.

During the car ride, as the men drove their hostages through a subdivision in Henderson, the man shot his kidnappers from the back seat, killing them both.
4/6/16 no shots fired story...

Armed Citizen Saves Security Officer from 'Tire Iron' Beating

An armed citizen intervened in a parking lot attack, saving a loss prevention officer from an impending “tire iron” assault at the hands of robbery suspects.

According to KVII, Amarillo police say that around 12:45 p.m. on April 3, 35-year-old Ricky Solis was in a Home Depot parking lot in Amarillo, Texas, when he “[took] power tools from the store and left without paying.”

A loss prevention officer reportedly cornered Solis in the parking lot, and a struggle ensued. Police say that during the struggle a second suspect began attacking the loss prevention officer and kicked him in the face.

The second suspect went to his vehicle, grabbed a “tire iron,” and returned, apparently planning to use the iron on the officer.

At that point, a citizen with a concealed carry permit intervened, stopping the attack and reportedly forcing Solis to comply long enough to allow the loss prevention officer to handcuff him and hold him until police arrived.

Solis was arrested for robbery, and the second suspect was able to flee the scene.
4/2/16

I believe the Thug Union Local 911 will be filing a grievance against the city for allowing victims to fight back....

Man Shoots, Kills Carjacker Near Goudy School Thursday

The men handed over their wallets and cash, Trainor said, but the robber then demanded their car.

One of the 23-year-old men then pulled out a gun and shot the robber multiple times, Trainor said. The alleged robber was taken to Advocate Illinois Masonic Medical Center where he was pronounced dead, she said.

According to Uptown Update, the man who killed the alleged robber was a former security guard with a concealed-carry permit.

And is anyone even remotely suprised by this little factoid......

The robber was on parole for an armed robbery conviction, police said.

3/24/16 1 vs. 5

Liquor Store Shootout After Attempted Armed Robbery in Denver

Just after 11 p.m. on Monday night, one Denver liquor store sounded more like a gun range than a fire water shop.

Five people entered the liquor store in an attempted robbery, but little did they know the clerk on duty wasn’t interested in being robbed or becoming a victim. He drew a weapon on the robbers and let them know he wasn’t going down without a fight.

“Shots were exchanged,” Sonny Jackson, DPD spokesman, said Tuesday morning.

Scared off by the return gunfire, the suspects took off, leaving one of their crew with a gunshot wound to the leg at Denver Health Medical Center. Police later speculated the wound may have been self-inflicted.

3/24/16

Mother Shoots Intruder 'Multiple Times' to Save Baby - Breitbart

An Indianapolis mother shot a man “multiple times” after he allegedly broke into the home through the window in the baby’s room.

According to CBS 4, family members said that around noon on March 24, the woman “heard the window get busted and she called her husband and said I think somebody’s breaking in the house.”

She grabbed her pistol and ran toward the sound of breaking glass, only to be confronted by the alleged intruder who shot at her, but missed.

The mother then opened fire and struck the suspect “multiple times.” He was transported to a hospital for treatment.

In addition to being armed, a 911 dispatcher said the suspect was “carrying zip ties and a walkie-talkie.”
-------------
3/22/16 3-4 thugs

14 year old girl who is shot, clears malfunction and shoots back

video in link...

14-Year-Old Girl Shot By Home Invaders, Shoots Back: Defensive Gun Use of the Day - The Truth About Guns

3/22/16
Woman vs. 3 thugs no shots fired

CCW IN ACTION: Armed 22-Year-Old Woman Stops Three Men Attempting To Rob Her In Store Parking Lot – Concealed Nation

OKLAHOMA CITY, OKLAHOMA — A concealed carrier successfully thwarted the efforts of three men to rob her late at night outside a Dollar Tree. According to police reports from the scene, the woman was exiting the Dollar Tree and heading to her car when she was approached by a man and asked to walk with him. When she refused, he point-blank told her he was going to rob her of her purse.
At this point, according to KOCO, she was presented by two other men backing up the first. She withdrew her concealed carry pistol from her purse and threatened to use it to protect herself. All three men quickly exited and fled the scene.

3/15/16

St. Paul Woman Stops Violent Attack on Husband by Drawing Her Gun

A St. Paul, Minnesota man was brutally assaulted by a gang of 15 to 30 young men who were gambling in his driveway as he returned from work.

32-year-old Bruce Chang says when he tried to clear the group to gain access to his driveway, they began to assault him, even throwing rocks and jabbing sticks at his face and torso.

“I didn’t know I was stabbed but I felt the pressure and fell to one knee,” he said. “I immediately pushed off, because you got to survive.”

Although Chang had obtained his firearms permit for personal protection years ago, he is not allowed to carry at his workplace and says that’s why he did not have his weapon on him when he returned home that day.

Fortunately for him, his wife also has a permit. She was able to run outside and draw her gun – scaring off the gang and ending her husband’s violent attack.

“With one of my older neighbors, who knows what would have happened,” Chang said.
3/13/16

Woman Scares off Assailant With Stick. Just Kidding, it was a gun.

Just before 7pm on Wednesday night, a 29 year-old woman had gathered up her dog and headed outside to… well, to let her dog do what dogs do.

Upon her first step outside her Minot, North Dakota home, she was hit solidly in the face with a blunt object, knocking her backward down the stairs and into her home.

Her assailant followed her into her home and started to approach her, but the woman had made it to a cabinet where she retrieved a handgun to protect herself and her home.

When confronted with the firearm, the violent intruder and would-be robber/rapist/murderer fled the scene.

The smart, independent, gun-owning woman did not require medical attention, most likely due to the fact that she was able to pull a weapon on her assailant to end the attack.

Mount Vernon Man Fends Off Three Attackers With Concealed Firearm, Killing One – Concealed Nation

According to police and witness accounts, the concealed carrier was out on the street testing out a wireless signal booster when he noticed a black Chevy Cavalier slowly making its way down the block. It passed him and then stopped and let out a 22-year-old passenger armed with what appeared to be a shotgun. The armed suspect approached the concealed carrier. This is when the concealed carrier did the right thing and let the suspect know to stay away. When he didn’t comply, there was little choice left but to open fire. Because it was around 11 pm, it was not immediately apparent whether or not the bullet struck his attacker but the attacker quickly ran and got into the car.

According to Skagit Breaking News, Police were later called to the assailant’s home where he was found dead a half a mile away from where the incident occurred.

The driver and those in the vehicle were also found because of the swift work and coordination between witnesses in the area and the concealed carrier. They quickly and accurately reported information to the police which was then used to trace a list of likely suspects.

WRONG GUY: Armed Robber Killed After Targeting Concealed Carrier

An armed robber In Brooklyn Park—a northwestern suburb of Minneapolis–Saint Paul—chose the wrong person to attempt to rob Monday night, and instead of getting away with cash or jewelry, only collected lead.

Brooklyn Park Police say it appears a man who was fatally shot Monday night was attempting to rob someone who was legally carrying a gun.

Assistant Chief Mark Bruley says the preliminary investigation into the fatal shooting indicates that the man who was killed on the 7500 block of Imperial Drive targeted an individual who had a valid permit to carry a handgun as his victim. Witnesses say there was an exchange of gunfire, and the alleged robber was killed.

Information on the shooting is sketchy, but if this went down like so many recent defensive gun uses have, then the robber probably thought that he had the situation well in hand when he pulled his gun, and more than likely was stunned when the “victim” pulled a legally-concealed handgun. It’s not known from this account who fired first, but it is clear that the concealed carrier put effective rounds on target, while the bad guy didn’t.

There were witnesses to the shootout who apparently corroborate the concealed carrier’s version of events, and it does not look like the investigation will result in charges.

^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^

Police: Concealed Permit Holder Saves Officer Surrounded By Mob - Breitbart

On February 5, an armed citizen saved an Upper Darby police officer who was under assault and encircled by a mob of onlookers.
Upper Darby Police Superintendent Michael Chitwood said “there is no doubt they would have attacked” the officer without the armed citizen’s intervention.

According to Philly.com, the officer was breaking up a fight between two Upper Darby High School students–after school had let out for the day–and one of the students jumped the officer. Superintendent Chitwood said, “As he breaks up the fight, he takes one kid and then the other jumps [on] him. Now he’s fighting two of them and he’s calling for an assist officer at the same time. There’s a crowd of 40 or 50 kids watching the fight, and they all move in towards the officer.”

An area resident with a concealed carry permit saw the officer struggling and the crowd closing in, so he grabbed his gun and ran to the officer’s defense. The resident ordered the kids to get away from the officer and kept them away until sufficient backup arrived. Chitwood said, “He had the gun in his hand, but he didn’t point it at the kids, he just told them to back off. If this guy didn’t come out and come to the aid of the officer, this officer would have had significant problems.”

The officer who was under attack suffered “significant hand injuries” and the first officer to respond to calls for backup “suffered a major injury to a leg when he was kicked by one of the teens in the fight.”

Employee Stabbed At GM Warren Tech Center, Suspect In Custody

The women got into some kind of verbal dispute, Fouts said, during which the visitor pulled out a steak knife and violently stabbed the employee several times in the neck, abdomen and back.

A nearby valet driver, who also has a concealed pistol license, saw what was happening and rushed to the employee’s aid.

“He pulled the weapon out and stopped the attack from taking place,” said Fouts. “By then, this woman had been stabbed multiple times.”

The driver held the attacker on the ground at gunpoint as other GM workers called 911. Police quickly arrived on the scene and took the suspect into custody as the employee was rushed to the hospital.

She underwent surgery and was last reported in stable condition.

&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&

CCW Permit Holder In CA Holds Burglar At Gunpoint With His Glock Until Police Arrive

FRESNO, CALIFORNIA — A pocket-carrying homeowner took matters into his own hands when he saw someone walking around inside his home as he was outside doing yard work.

That homeowner, who did not want to be identified, says he’s had his concealed carry permit for 50 years in California and it’s the first time he’s ever been forced to draw.

When police arrived, accompanied by helicopter with a good visual on the situation, they found the homeowner with his Glock trained on the suspect, 54-year-old Enrique Garza.

Police hailed the homeowner’s actions, saying it was a good thing his gun wasn’t sitting inside a safe, out of reach when needed most.

“If not for having a CCW, he probably wouldn’t have his gun on him, it probably would have been locked in a safe, and he wouldn’t have had access to it in order to hold this suspect accountable,” said Fresno County Sheriff’s Office spokesman Tony Botti.

“You have to learn to be careful in this world, because there’s a lot of crazy people out there,” said the homeowner.

The Fresno County Sheriff’s Office mentioned that before the attacks in San Bernardino, concealed carry permits were issued in about one month. Now after the attacks, demand has skyrocketed, which has created a longer wait time of up to 10 months for permits to be issued.

I give it maybe 24 hours before Taint is back here, telling us how there's no proof of these "false" numbers of gun defenses and how it really doesn't exist, because he has once again completely ignored the proof he demanded.

And here....

A robbery suspect was shot by his intended victim Monday morning at Greenwood Manor Apartments.

City police said a local cab driver picked up the suspect on the Indiana State University campus before 10:45 a.m. Monday and took him to an apartment on 19th Street.

Officer Ryan Adamson said the suspect exited the 1st Choice cab and then pulled a gun on the cab driver, intending to rob the man. The cab driver, however, pulled out a firearm and shot the suspect, who then ran off.

Police found the suspect in the 2100 block of 231/2 Drive after he called for medical help, Adamson said. The suspect was taken to a local hospital for medical treatment of non-life-threatening injuries.
Some truly heroic stories there. Not very many though.

And here....

Those are the stories that make the news....the stories where the victim runs off the criminal don't make the news.....since there isn't a need to report a rape, robbery or attempted murder that didn't happen because the victim drove off the criminal before the violent crime was completed against the victim.

Here you go...

Woman shoots, kills intruder at her Kaufman County home

The woman called 911 around 9:45 a.m. to report a "burglary in progress" at her home in the 8000 block of FM 2757 in an unincorporated part of Kaufman County, according to the sheriff's office.
---

The woman said she heard someone kick in her back door, so she went into another room and locked herself in a closet. She stayed on the phone with 911 "until she was confronted by the intruder," according to the sheriff's office.

The man, identified as 46-year-old Nikusubila N. A. Makwangwala, of Dallas, was found dead inside the home when sheriff deputies arrived.

And here....

Those are the stories that make the news....the stories where the victim runs off the criminal don't make the news.....since there isn't a need to report a rape, robbery or attempted murder that didn't happen because the victim drove off the criminal before the violent crime was completed against the victim.
So your claims can only be validated by events that nobody has any record of ?

And here....

So your claims can only be validated by events that nobody has any record of ?

Nope, as the 17 studies show, they used actual research methods to ferret out gun self defense that goes under reported in the news.....the Centers for Disease Control did this research as well as the Department of Justice.....

Yet another gun thread with nothing but deflections and lies from the right, and as usual no viable solutions.
This thread seems to have agitated them a bit. Is it possible that deep down they have some decency and know that it is wrong ?
No, it’s yet another example of how dishonest most conservatives are about the issue.

What conservatives know is that no one advocates for ‘banning’ or ‘confiscating’ guns.

But ‘guns’ is a hot-button issue for conservatives, a way to keep the base engaged and energized and to further divide the American people for some perceived partisan gain.

So to further perpetuate the unwarranted fear about ‘bans’ and ‘confiscation’ conservatives maintain their lies, and offer no viable solutions.

Yet another gun thread with nothing but deflections and lies from the right, and as usual no viable solutions.
This thread seems to have agitated them a bit. Is it possible that deep down they have some decency and know that it is wrong ?
No, it’s yet another example of how dishonest most conservatives are about the issue.

What conservatives know is that no one advocates for ‘banning’ or ‘confiscating’ guns.

But ‘guns’ is a hot-button issue for conservatives, a way to keep the base engaged and energized and to further divide the American people for some perceived partisan gain.

So to further perpetuate the unwarranted fear about ‘bans’ and ‘confiscation’ conservatives maintain their lies, and offer no viable solutions.
LIAR!!!!

Forum List

Back