Rightwing Religious nuts defend Pat Robertson!!

that is some of the dumbest shit i've read this week. Fuck plate tectonics.. clearly, jebus is out killing little pagan darkies for not begging for judeo-christian salvation hundreds of years ago.

:rolleyes:

Oh my freakin' gods! These people are certifiable..they really are.

So, a few ppeople (FEW) have a wierd point of view! You guys act like it is going to wreck the world.

I agree that a few are acting radical, but that doesn't mean that mainstream agrees with them.

Obama will do more to wreck the nation than those few hard shell people.

You do realize all this buffoonery is just because I, Pat Robertson, exerted my right to free speech and religion, right?

A perfect example of exactly how the left likes to support freedom of speech.

So, a few ppeople (FEW) have a wierd point of view! You guys act like it is going to wreck the world.

I agree that a few are acting radical, but that doesn't mean that mainstream agrees with them.

Robertson is a paid contributor to fox.....that is what is dangerous. Get it?

You do realize all this buffoonery is just because I, Pat Robertson, exerted my right to free speech and religion, right?

A perfect example of exactly how the left likes to support freedom of speech.

Seems to me no one here is telling the government to shut them up. We are laughing at them....and at anyone who doesn't know what the concept of "free speech" really entails.

"As long as everything is going well we live as if we are never going to die," he said. "Then crisis hits and death slaps us in the face. Rather than humbling ourselves and searching our hearts like the Pilgrims did, we lash out at God and anyone who dares insinuate Him into our lives."

"A simple reading of the Bible shows how God uses natural disasters to further his purposes," Cass said. "Earthquakes, floods, famine, locusts, etc. they're all there, but man hates it. Rather than humbly acknowledging that God's ways are not our ways, man rails against and accuses God. The last thing they will do is cry out for his mercy in Jesus Christ."

What's wrong with it?

I think you guys should worry about Harry Reid your democrat leader and why he wasn't ousted.

"As long as everything is going well we live as if we are never going to die," he said. "Then crisis hits and death slaps us in the face. Rather than humbling ourselves and searching our hearts like the Pilgrims did, we lash out at God and anyone who dares insinuate Him into our lives."

"A simple reading of the Bible shows how God uses natural disasters to further his purposes," Cass said. "Earthquakes, floods, famine, locusts, etc. they're all there, but man hates it. Rather than humbly acknowledging that God's ways are not our ways, man rails against and accuses God. The last thing they will do is cry out for his mercy in Jesus Christ."

What's wrong with it?

I think you guys should worry about Harry Reid your democrat leader and why he wasn't ousted.

What on earth does Harry Reid have to do with this?

What's wrong with it?

I am pointing out the hypocisy.

Harry Reid is a powerful democrat politician who said something racist that should have got him ousted. Instead, the dems are all supporting him.

Part Robertson is a private citizen and his words are examined with a fine tooth comb by the liberals in order to find something that they can make an issue about.

What's wrong with it?

Utility Deflection.

So what? There are many paid contributors to many networks.
Still waiting to hear the specifics on why he is so hated by leftoids.
It makes me like him.

What's wrong with it?

Utility Deflection.

No, he is the first to actually quote Robertson. It's not a deflection at all.

Rather, the ppl who are latching onto Reid and making the thread about him are deflecting. Instead of replying to the meat of his post, you're latching onto the inconsequential.

Associated Baptist Press - Religious Right leader defends Robertson's Haiti comment

This was the SAME excuse far right ministers used to separate blacks from marrying whites and to reaffirm segregation.

They claimed blacks were "the mark of Cain"

Nut jobs all of them!! :cuckoo:
Did you fail to read through the full article or is it just your comprehension skills are lacking?

Excerpt from the article....
Mohler criticizes Robertson, but affirms theology

A Southern Baptist scholar faulted Robertson for "over-claiming" the meaning of a single event, but also affirmed his theology.

"Do I believe that God punishes nations?" Albert Mohler, president of Southern Baptist Theological Seminary, said on his daily radio program Jan. 13 "You bet, the same way I know that judgment falls upon individuals."

The problem, Mohler said, is that natural disaster often falls on nations and individuals who seem to deserve it least while sparing others like Germany and the Soviet Union that exhibit a "fist-in-the face kind of sin."

"Do we know that God sovereignly rules over all things and exercises his justice and judgment over the nations?" Mohler asked. "Yes we do, but we are not in a position as human beings, as believing Christians, to say we know exactly what God is doing in a situation."

"There is a real matter of theological integrity here," Mohler said. "How do we answer those who say, 'Why did God not destroy, then, nation or community or city X, Y or Z for its apparent fist-in-the-face kind of sin -- and why on the other hand are there others that seem to suffer inordinately?'"

The answer, Mohler said is the "mystery of God's judgment." That mystery is not a question of whether or not God punishes evil, but rather that "We can not always trace his hand."

"It is human arrogance to over-claim on behalf of God," Mohler said. "We must be very, very careful."

"The same hurricane that destroyed all kinds of sinfulness and enclaves of paganism in New Orleans there in the French Quarter also destroyed orphanages and evangelical churches. There's just no way to make a generalization without grave, grave theological danger."

Mohler said Robertson "is absolutely correct in speaking about the sinfulness of the people of Haiti."

So? Harry Reid is the senate majority leader. He has extreme power.

Robertson is a private citizen.

While we are at it what about Robert Byrd being a KKK leader? How does he get a pass?

So? Harry Reid is the senate majority leader. He has extreme power.

Robertson is a private citizen.

While we are at it what about Robert Byrd being a KKK leader? How does he get a pass?

Robert Byrd is a KKK leader?

Freedom of speech is a chance to tell who is an idiot. Also a chance to tell who is dangerous enough to kill folks in the name of their version of "God"

Forum List

Back