Rightwing Religious nuts defend Pat Robertson!!

"As long as everything is going well we live as if we are never going to die," he said. "Then crisis hits and death slaps us in the face. Rather than humbling ourselves and searching our hearts like the Pilgrims did, we lash out at God and anyone who dares insinuate Him into our lives."

"A simple reading of the Bible shows how God uses natural disasters to further his purposes," Cass said. "Earthquakes, floods, famine, locusts, etc. they're all there, but man hates it. Rather than humbly acknowledging that God's ways are not our ways, man rails against and accuses God. The last thing they will do is cry out for his mercy in Jesus Christ."

What's wrong with it?

I think you guys should worry about Harry Reid your democrat leader and why he wasn't ousted.

you are by far the dumbest poster on the board. look up deflection.

So, a few ppeople (FEW) have a wierd point of view! You guys act like it is going to wreck the world.

I agree that a few are acting radical, but that doesn't mean that mainstream agrees with them.

Obama will do more to wreck the nation than those few hard shell people.

Robertson is a paid contributor to fox.....that is what is dangerous. Get it?

So? Harry Reid is the senate majority leader. He has extreme power.

Robertson is a private citizen.

While we are at it what about Robert Byrd being a KKK leader? How does he get a pass?

Robert Byrd is a KKK leader?

Oh my freakin' gods! These people are certifiable..they really are.

So, a few ppeople (FEW) have a wierd point of view! You guys act like it is going to wreck the world.

I agree that a few are acting radical, but that doesn't mean that mainstream agrees with them.

he gets paid for that shit:eek:

America is truly the land of milk and honey

Associated Baptist Press - Religious Right leader defends Robertson's Haiti comment

This was the SAME excuse far right ministers used to separate blacks from marrying whites and to reaffirm segregation.

They claimed blacks were "the mark of Cain"

Nut jobs all of them!! :cuckoo:

And your point is?

I am a christian and go to church and volunteer to help the poor quite often. I know that my pastor would NEVER make a statement like that. It goes against the premise of being Christian and Robertson's ideology is all wrong. God does not punish people for not being Christians. Different religions are totally respected in my church, the Jews, the Hindus, the Muslims, even the native religions of many American natives. We believe that all religions look to God no matter what name they call him by, it is the same God. All religions beleive in a Divine presense.

Associated Baptist Press - Religious Right leader defends Robertson's Haiti comment

This was the SAME excuse far right ministers used to separate blacks from marrying whites and to reaffirm segregation.

And your point is?

I am a christian and go to church and volunteer to help the poor quite often. I know that my pastor would NEVER make a statement like that. It goes against the premise of being Christian and Robertson's ideology is all wrong. God does not punish people for not being Christians. Different religions are totally respected in my church, the Jews, the Hindus, the Muslims, even the native religions of many American natives. We believe that all religions look to God no matter what name they call him by, it is the same God. All religions beleive in a Divine presense.

Yes there are fine Christian folks out there. Unfortunately many of them and many in religion for the wrong reason fail to rein in the loonies like Robertson.
And often allow themselves to be used by those like Robinson.

The politics of religion is why some of those on here are defending Robertson.
Why can't they see this?

Yes there are fine Christian folks out there. Unfortunately many of them and many in religion for the wrong reason fail to rein in the loonies like Robertson.

Why can't they see this?

I know you are totally paranoid and think Christians are some all powerful boogymen trying to force people to do as we say. But we dont have the power to "rein in Robertson". See in America we have something called Freedom of Speech. It's something that allows us to speak our mind. And even though you dont like it, Robertson has every right to say whatever he wants. And I will go out of my way to make sure he continues to be allowed to say whatever he wants. Heck, Ill even go out of my way to let you say whatever stupid thing you say. After all, that's what being an American is all about.

Now if youll excuse me. I have more people to force into doing my will.

Why can't they see this?

I know you are totally paranoid and think Christians are some all powerful boogymen trying to force people to do as we say. But we dont have the power to "rein in Robertson". See in America we have something called Freedom of Speech. It's something that allows us to speak our mind. And even though you dont like it, Robertson has every right to say whatever he wants. And I will go out of my way to make sure he continues to be allowed to say whatever he wants. Heck, Ill even go out of my way to let you say whatever stupid thing you say. After all, that's what being an American is all about.

has anyone of note, from the main stream christian religions, had the bollocks to condem him openly?

And your point is?

your pastor is obviously a RINO then

Then you have Robert Byrd who for years has been the Democrat whip (I guess that's appropriate) in the senate.

Byrd was a grand lizard of the KKK.

So what? There are many paid contributors to many networks.
Still waiting to hear the specifics on why he is so hated by leftoids.
It makes me like him.

So its confirmed. You are one of them. :eusa_drool: Of course fox has him as a paid contributor. They also have Rove, Furhman and other horrible people as well.

Fox just sucks ass.

Last edited:
Then you have Robert Byrd who for years has been the Democrat whip (I guess that's appropriate) in the senate.

Was. The operative word is "was". However it is a truer indicator of his soul in that he STAYED with the Democrats when all the Dixiecrats/Segregationists jumped ship after the Civil Rights Act of 1965.

Why can't they see this?

And I would submit that the Muslim World feels the same way about cries for them to "rein in" the Islamofacist Terrorists.

Recently? what year was this again? :eusa_whistle:

Doesn't matter, he was a leader in a heinous organization.

I don't just mean the democrat party.

Why can't they see this?

And I would submit that the Muslim World feels the same way about cries for them to "rein in" the Islamofacist Terrorists.
I concur.

"As long as everything is going well we live as if we are never going to die," he said. "Then crisis hits and death slaps us in the face. Rather than humbling ourselves and searching our hearts like the Pilgrims did, we lash out at God and anyone who dares insinuate Him into our lives."

"A simple reading of the Bible shows how God uses natural disasters to further his purposes," Cass said. "Earthquakes, floods, famine, locusts, etc. they're all there, but man hates it. Rather than humbly acknowledging that God's ways are not our ways, man rails against and accuses God. The last thing they will do is cry out for his mercy in Jesus Christ."

What's wrong with it?

I think you guys should worry about Harry Reid your democrat leader and why he wasn't ousted.

What on earth does Harry Reid have to do with this?

I am pointing out the hypocisy.

Harry Reid is a powerful democrat politician who said something racist that should have got him ousted. Instead, the dems are all supporting him.

Part Robertson is a private citizen and his words are examined with a fine tooth comb by the liberals in order to find something that they can make an issue about.

Republicans say foolish things. Democrats say foolish things. It is not hypocritical for someone to merely point out something that a particular person said.

You do realize all this buffoonery is just because I, Pat Robertson, exerted my right to free speech and religion, right?

A perfect example of exactly how the left likes to support freedom of speech.

No ones saying he can't say it. It seems that they are saying their opinion of his opinion.