Right Wingers eating crow on price of gasoline. $1.39 in Indiana.

Eliminating CAFE standards would be the stupidest fucking thing we could do.

No wonder Todd wants it.

Why?
Because it would encourage another round of 'FuckYouMobiles' being produced by the auto companies, getting 15 MPG, with 20 gallon tanks. It's a recipe for oil dependency, and the next time Republicans scare Americans about those evil Muslims the price jumps through the roof again, lead by the Wall Street speculators who look for any reason at all to raise oil prices.

Because it would encourage another round of 'FuckYouMobiles' being produced by the auto companies, getting 15 MPG, with 20 gallon tanks.

You mean people could buy the vehicles they want?
US auto companies could sell the vehicles that are profitable?
Yeah, I can see why liberals are against that.
Are you claiming that auto manufacturers are not making a profit on their vehicles? You'll have to prove that.

People may want to be able to pour their old paint down the sink or into the local lakes, too. Should that be allowed because it's "what the people want"?

I swear, you get stupider by the day.

No wonder Todd wants it.

Why?
Because it would encourage another round of 'FuckYouMobiles' being produced by the auto companies, getting 15 MPG, with 20 gallon tanks. It's a recipe for oil dependency, and the next time Republicans scare Americans about those evil Muslims the price jumps through the roof again, lead by the Wall Street speculators who look for any reason at all to raise oil prices.

Because it would encourage another round of 'FuckYouMobiles' being produced by the auto companies, getting 15 MPG, with 20 gallon tanks.

You mean people could buy the vehicles they want?
US auto companies could sell the vehicles that are profitable?
Yeah, I can see why liberals are against that.
Are you claiming that auto manufacturers are not making a profit on their vehicles? You'll have to prove that.

People may want to be able to pour their old paint down the sink or into the local lakes, too. Should that be allowed because it's "what the people want"?

I swear, you get stupider by the day.

Are you claiming that auto manufacturers are not making a profit on their vehicles?

Do you think they make more profit on trucks, sports cars and luxury vehicles, or on the cars that get 40 mpg?
You really aren't very bright, are you?

So if a heavy crane malfunctioned on a high rise construction project killing 11 people...would you cease issuing building permits for single family homes?
That's a piss-poor analogy. That accident would not affect a natural resource that is depended upon for millions of jobs, not to mention the ecological damage which in turn causes more economic damage far into the future.

If you can show me where a shallow water driller caused ecological damage "far into the future", Synth...then you might have a point and the Obama Administration would have had just cause to shut down shallow water drilling permits! The truth however is that shallow water drillers have an unbelievably good safety record. Why would you stop permitting for shallow water drillers when the problem is deep water drilling? That makes absolutely no sense at all UNLESS you don't like oil as a viable energy source because it's cheaper than the "green" alternatives! The fact is...Obama's people used an oil spill crisis to make life difficult for an energy sector that they don't like.

OP too stupid to know conservatives drive and pay for their gas too- and like to pay less.:anj_stfu::fu::gay:
Yeah - just don't don't have enough class or integrity to thank President Barack Obama for it.

What policy of Barack Obama has caused the price of gasoline to go down, Synth? Just name it...you're crediting him for something that he actively worked AGAINST!

What's absolutely amazing to me is that you liberals are so desperate for a "win" for the Obama Administration that you're calling cheap gas one of his successes! That's laughable to the point of farce!

Wrong. The price dropped because drilling moratoriums were lifted and subsequent plans to drastically expand supply impacted the price. Exactly the same way fracking has done it this time around. Difference is that Obama had the authority to reimplement drilling restrictions but had no control over fracking on privately leased locations.
Thanks for acquiescing to a failed economy. You owe me $$.

So you prefer recession and losing a million jobs a month if gas is $1.35 and you call adding a quarter million jobs a month and $2 gas a failed economy. An economy that lowered unemployment to 6% in two years instead of the four years that Romney said he needed to get there.

No thanks we left behind an absoluty disastrous economy when a Democrat became presudent in 2009.

Romney said to let Ford go bankrupt in 2008 either the other two, and that bailing them would destroy all three. Did you here the big three's record breaking sales for November?

No a failed economy was coming if McCain or Romney got elected.
Propagated dupes like you are partially responsible for those of us who have to live within budgets having our budgets screwed by obama green energy scam energy policy.
High energy prices intentionally created by obama policy have put our economy in the hole. Not the other way around.

BTW, the price through much of the country was 1.35 on Jan 11, 2009, the week before the hack took office.

You mean the week before the economy destroying hack left office. There was never an increase in oil supply before Obama took over. Idiot Bush filled the SPR with $100+ oil & so completely destroyed the global economy that gasoline demand & price tanked. There has never in history been a worse President or higher oil prices than $147 oil Bush caused.
You're another dupe.
Commodities react to circumstance. Even if supply isn't realized, the potential either way is enough to impact price.
Reversal and expiration of expansive drilling moratoriums paved the way for exponentially increasing supply, causing the price to drop precipitously before even an ounce was extracted.
Conversely, obama's reimposing of restrictions caused prices to spike back up without any change in extraction.
They've gone back down recently because of the impact fracking has had on supply.

DumBama: If you like your doctor, you can keep your doctor.
^^^ Another dumbass.

Show me: where in the ACA does it compel insurance companies to cancel policies rather than modify them?

Now STFU.

Would you like me to post it?

Insurance companies canceled many of their customers because of Commie Care. In fact, United Health Care is considering pulling out of Commie Care altogether.

Ray 12937258
Too bad you don't understand that speculators make money whether the price goes up or down. You make just as much money when it goes down as you do up. The only thing a commodity has to do is move. The money is made when you can figure out which way the price will go.

So speculators were likely certain in 2011 that gas prices could never go to $6.00 a gallon as Republicans were making that outlandish claim that Obama was driving gas to that level. Don't you agree that lying is disgusting.

Obviously the speculators didn't think it would go that high otherwise they would have driven the price up with long contracts.

Do you think when people are dealing with tens or hundreds of thousands of dollars, they rely on blogs or a few politicians to tell them what direction the market is going?

BTW, the price through much of the country was 1.35 on Jan 11, 2009, the week before the hack took office.

You mean the week before the economy destroying hack left office. There was never an increase in oil supply before Obama took over. Idiot Bush filled the SPR with $100+ oil & so completely destroyed the global economy that gasoline demand & price tanked. There has never in history been a worse President or higher oil prices than $147 oil Bush caused.

The only way Bush caused $147 pre barrel price is the economy he created that sparked a good worldwide economy. The more economic activity, the more oil and gasoline people use.

Oil is not domestic, oil and it's uses are worldwide.

This is delicious irony especially given the previous high gas price Repub Prez was a former oil man albeit briefly

Is the President responsible for the price of gasoline?

No, the commodities market is.

What a President can do however is influence the price. If speculators see that a President is doing things to restrict fuel, of course they will go long (meaning the price will increase) on their contracts. If a President is doing what he can to increase fuel supply, the speculators will go short meaning the price will decrease.

So, should the president "influence" the price of gasoline? Why? Why not?

Any President should influence the price of gasoline because it has an impact on our economy.

This makes the broader assumption that the President should be responsible for promoting economic growth, one I vehemently disagree with. Our nation is not a business and the President is not our manager.

Why would you be against a President causing lower prices on a necessary evil which helps the economy of the entire nation? When DumBama spent nearly a trillion dollars on the Pork Bill, were you against that as well?

The only way Bush caused $147 pre barrel price is the economy he created that sparked a good worldwide economy. The more economic activity, the more oil and gasoline people use.

More straw-man fantasies from the board retard. Stop eating on food stamps & paint my rentals.

Anyone who cites the gas prices during the great recession of 2008 as the starting price of gasoline prices is either a fool or a hack. What was the price two weeks before election day? How many jobs did we lose between Oct. and Jan.?

More straw-man fantasies from the board retard. Stop eating on food stamps & paint my rentals.
Wrong. That was a legit post. India's and China's economic expansion is what drove up demand and subsequently the global oil price.
Our lefty, green scammers' insistence on not increasing the potential domestic supply we had prevented global supply from keeping pace.

Roshawn 12936503

Catch up. It has already been noted on this thread that $1.35 a gal gasoline in Jan 2009 was during the Great Bush Recession and the U.S. Economy was losing nearly a million jobs a month.

So what do you prefer.

(A) $1.35 a gal gasoline while losing a million jobs a month. Approaching double digit inflation.

Or

(B) $2.00 a gal gasoline while adding a 271,000 jump in payrolls as reported for October 2015. Achieving 5% unemployment.
Wrong. The price dropped because drilling moratoriums were lifted and subsequent plans to drastically expand supply impacted the price. Exactly the same way fracking has done it this time around. Difference is that Obama had the authority to reimplement drilling restrictions but had no control over fracking on privately leased locations.

When President Bush announced his plan why did prices continue to rise then?

Your rental what, blow up dolls?

See, when you are in the market you pay attention to what is going on at the time. I know what was going on at the time GW was President. When it's my money on the line, I do my homework.

Roshawn 12936503

Catch up. It has already been noted on this thread that $1.35 a gal gasoline in Jan 2009 was during the Great Bush Recession and the U.S. Economy was losing nearly a million jobs a month.

So what do you prefer.

(A) $1.35 a gal gasoline while losing a million jobs a month. Approaching double digit inflation.

Or

(B) $2.00 a gal gasoline while adding a 271,000 jump in payrolls as reported for October 2015. Achieving 5% unemployment.

When President Bush announced his plan why did prices continue to rise then?
They didn't rise. They went down immediately. Starting in July 2008 when the Alaskan exec-ordered offshore restriction was lifted. Then they dropped significantly when the major offshore moratorium expired at the end of September 2008.

Is the President responsible for the price of gasoline?

What a President can do however is influence the price. If speculators see that a President is doing things to restrict fuel, of course they will go long (meaning the price will increase) on their contracts. If a President is doing what he can to increase fuel supply, the speculators will go short meaning the price will decrease.

Any President should influence the price of gasoline because it has an impact on our economy.

This makes the broader assumption that the President should be responsible for promoting economic growth, one I vehemently disagree with. Our nation is not a business and the President is not our manager.

Why would you be against a President causing lower prices on a necessary evil which helps the economy of the entire nation? When DumBama spent nearly a trillion dollars on the Pork Bill, were you against that as well?

Yes I was.

I'm against that kind of government because I don't think the state should have the power, let alone the responsibility, to make us "better". Instead, it should protect our freedom to decide for ourselves what constitutes "the good life" and pursue it as we see fit.

Yes I was.

I'm against that kind of government because I don't think the state should have the power, let alone the responsibility, to make us "better". Instead, it should protect our freedom to decide for ourselves what constitutes "the good life" and pursue it as we see fit.
Then you'd better not vote for a democrat.

Yes I was.

So do you know any American that doesn't think lower fuel prices benefit themselves yet alone the rest of the country?

This public land is just that--public. That should mean it belongs to all of us. If that is the case, why shouldn't we drill on public lands that have oil in them?

That's not manipulation, that's simply doing the smart thing with our lands.

Forum List

Back