Right Wing Warning???

I think that some groups bear watching. If you don't, you're an idiot. Oh, wait.

can you be more specific than...some groups ..did you read the DHS description of what they considered a threat.?..no of course you cant.. and of course you don't....because you talk out your uninformed ass

anus [(ay-nuhs)]

The opening through which feces pass out of the body

anus definition | Dictionary.com
I read them both. Extremist groups that historically cause economic or bodily harm bear watching...do you agree or not?

I do not agree. It is unconstitutional. Too much watching. Too much big brother.
Period. It is the very government intrusiveness that feeds the distrust. It is government protecting itself rather than the people. If people are being treated fairly then there is no threat. On the converse when you have the government intruding due to its own guilty conscience they will trample the common rights.

I think that some groups bear watching. If you don't, you're an idiot. Oh, wait.

can you be more specific than...some groups ..did you read the DHS description of what they considered a threat.?..no of course you cant.. and of course you don't....because you talk out your uninformed ass

anus [(ay-nuhs)]

I read them both. Extremist groups that historically cause economic or bodily harm bear watching...do you agree or not?

Ravi, a question...Who are these historical groups?

anus [(ay-nuhs)]

I do not agree. It is unconstitutional. Too much watching. Too much big brother.
Period. It is the very government intrusiveness that feeds the distrust. It is government protecting itself rather than the people. If people are being treated fairly then there is no threat. On the converse when you have the government intruding due to its own guilty conscience they will trample the common rights.

Funny how the left used to hate that "spying on people" innit?

anus [(ay-nuhs)]

These kind of groups.

Domestic terrorism in the United States - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

I am okay with warranted surveillance...it's the unwarranted kind that bothers me.

So...do you object to these groups being kept tabs on if there is probable cause?

These kind of groups.

I am okay with warranted surveillance...it's the unwarranted kind that bothers me.

So...do you object to these groups being kept tabs on if there is probable cause?

whos watching the watchers

[ame]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Ck13yfbOXdQ[/ame]

[ame]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5F1Y6cGRXEs[/ame]

These kind of groups.

Depends....Do you have the probable cause before you are keeping tabs or are you keeping tabs to try to manufacture probable cause?

Oh Ravi,
Those groups in Wikipedia are like 70s groups. Seems noone is courageous enough these days to stand up to the government in a radical way.

Janet what's her name is over reacting and playing the big government part over exuberantly. Guess she needs to feel some level of self importance, heh?

She needs to go. We need level heads in DHS. Don't ya think?

Last edited:
It should be worth noting that these reports, on the left and right wing-nuts, were commissioned by THE BUSH ADMINISTRATION and are just now being released. When are you Bush/GOP apologists going to stop grasping at any straw that happens to float by?

Don't worry, it's a purely rhetorical question as the answer is already known.

It should be worth noting that these reports, on the left and right wing-nuts, were commissioned by THE BUSH ADMINISTRATION and are just now being released. When are you Bush/GOP apologists going to stop grasping at any straw that happens to float by?

its also a false statement...link please

its also a false statement...link please

That's what I thought but was willing to give the BOD because they are wrong either way.

I'm a vet and am pissed that they would want to discriminate against Afghan and Iraq vets in this manner. Utterly disgusting, unwarranted and makes one wonder just what kind of twisted minds spend time on this shit.

'Right-Wing Extremism' Report Issued Despite Objections - Presidential Politics | Political News - FOXNews.com

I'm opposed to abortion . . . does that make me a terrorist? Immigration?? Uh - - she left out the word 'illegal'. Oversight . . . or intentional?

Doesn't matter that the wording is being changed now that the cat is out of the bag. You can't 'unhear' what has already been said.

Just A Man - good point about Ayres . . .

hey--what's the problem with profiling when you're spying on Americans. :lol:
Looks like Obama and company has found the Patriot Act pretty handy. After all the bitchin by the Dems you woulda thunk that would be one of the 1st things they would want to repeal. I guess not as long as Jant Reno (oh, I meant Napolina) finds it useful it is OK despite all the bitching about it.

Only because they didn't really care,it was just a handy little sound byte at the time.

Oh Ravi,
Those groups in Wikipedia are like 70s groups. Seems noone is courageous enough these days to stand up to the government in a radical way.

Janet what's her name is over reacting and playing the big government part over exuberantly. Guess she needs to feel some level of self importance, heh?

She needs to go. We need level heads in DHS. Don't ya think?
It's funny, I pointed out a least a million times that you guys weren't going to like the Department of Homeland Security when a Democrat took over. Giving Bush so much power has come back to bite you in the butt.

Instead of crying and whining that someone made a connection between disgruntled vets and acts of violence why don't you put your efforts in to examining how we treat vets, why they are disgruntled, and helping them overcome their disgruntlement (IF they need the help)? Or would you prefer to continue using them as political tools?

As you may or may not recall it has been pointed out that KOS DU Media Matters, Huffingsome, CNN and MSNBC did not take the left wing report and blow it all out of proportion as the did the right wing report. So until you can address that phenomonon you need to stfu about people grasping at straws. DUmmie!

Looks like Obama and company has found the Patriot Act pretty handy. After all the bitchin by the Dems you woulda thunk that would be one of the 1st things they would want to repeal. I guess not as long as Jant Reno (oh, I meant Napolina) finds it useful it is OK despite all the bitching about it.

Was there any doubt that this would be the case?

As a conservative, I bitched about the Patriot Act. I saw it as an open door for future administrations to abuse our rights. A lot of conservatives welcomed it with open arms and in fact, praised President Bush for it. I can't begin to count the number of times that someone accused me of supporting terrorists simply because I said that the Patriot Act, NSA Wiretapping and torture of prisoners were the wrong steps to take? They will deserve it for their stupidity when the tide turns against them and suddenly they find themselves wondering what happened to their constitutional rights.

Immie

These kind of groups.

Please give us your definition of "Probable Cause".

It seems based upon this discussion that you define it as "guilt by association". While I would define probable cause as the authorities having specific reason to believe that the people they are monitoring are directly involved in the planning and preparation or commitment of a crime.

Here is the definition of "Probable Cause" from Law.com Dictionary:

probable cause
n. sufficient reason based upon known facts to believe a crime has been committed or that certain property is connected with a crime. Probable cause must exist for a law enforcement officer to make an arrest without a warrant, search without a warrant, or seize property in the belief the items were evidence of a crime. While some cases are easy (pistols and illicit drugs in plain sight, gunshots, a suspect running from a liquor store with a clerk screaming "help"), actions "typical" of drug dealers, burglars, prostitutes, thieves, or people with guilt "written across their faces," are more difficult to categorize. "Probable cause" is often subjective, but if the police officer's belief or even hunch was correct, finding stolen goods, the hidden weapon or drugs may be claimed as self-fulfilling proof of probable cause. Technically, probable cause has to exist prior to arrest, search or seizure.

law.com Law Dictionary

Immie

Why is it the right wing refuses to see its fringe as dangerous or even to acknowledge it? A similar refusal exists in the economic sphere for them as Reaganomics and free market worship lead to the breakdown of regulatory policy which lead to S&L, Enron, et al, including the current meltdown. Blinders work too well for the wingnuts, but we know why.

This list will annoy but presents some interesting information about an assortment of groups some praised daily on USMB.

SPLCenter.org: Into the Mainstream

"Organizations listed as hate groups by the Southern Poverty Law Center are indicated by an asterisk."

The American Cause
American Enterprise Institute
American Immigration Control Foundation*
The Lynde and Harry Bradley Foundation
Castle Rock Foundation
Center for American Unity
Center for the Study of Popular Culture
Federation for American Immigration Reform
Free Congress Foundation
Institute for the Study of Man
Ludwig von Mises Institute
New Century Foundation*
John M. Olin Foundation
Pioneer Fund*
Rockford Institute
Scaife Foundations
U.S. Inc.

Immie, perhaps you missed where I posted above that I am okay with warranted surveillance...or maybe my meaning wasn't clear. If there is probable cause then it is the duty of the policing force to present it to a judge and get an official warrant.

Issuing a threat assessment is something that happens on a regular basis and more than likely means if you see patterns of activity pay attention. I imagine there was once a threat assessment issued about Al Q. Does that mean that the government should have started spying without warrant on every muslim or arab? No, it means that if you see something unusual...like a flight school reports to the FBI that non-residents are enrolling simply to learn how to steer a 747...then you look into it.

Forum List

Back