Right Uses Obscure Banned UK Video To Tar "Left Greenies"

No doubt, this story will soon be coming to a newspaper near you:

Every now and then, the left tips its hand. And that's a good thing.

.....Now, the lefties who worship -- and that is no exaggeration -- at the altar of environmentalism have just offered a similar moment of self-defining clarity.

.....The people who envision a world in which you live in an urban tenement and walk -- carrying in your hand the vegan lunch you grew without the aid of chemicals in your rooftop subsistence garden -- to the windmill-powered office where you strive daily for global population control have tipped their hand, too.

The backlash has already begun.

Corporate sponsors are bailing and even some global-warming salesmen are using words like "stupidity" to describe a little video called "No Pressure." Watch it when you've got four spare minutes.

It's a warning to the people who question global warming, and it's a sobering insight into what environmentalist extremists think is funny.

A new global warming threat — believe it or else: Kevin O'Brien | cleveland.com

[ame="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sSTLDel-G9k"]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sSTLDel-G9k[/ame]

Banned in the UK:

Watch Gillian Anderson and School Children Explode in Richard Curtis' Banned Environmental Short Film | Movieline

And yet, because I object to killing Lake Erie and I am angry over the BP Oil Spill, according to these right wingers, I am "secretly" just the homicidal maniac portrayed in the video. I want to be able to fucking breathe, so I am "worshipping at the altar of environmentalism"?

I say this "news coverage" of a non-event in the UK is a FAIL.

Your thoughts?

Last edited by a moderator:
No, Maddie, you're not. And 'these right wingers' don't hate the earth either. We just don't like other people scare mongering - and making billions of dollars from their scare mongering - and using the environment to seize yet more control over other people. Perhaps you could educate yourself before making dumbassed statements.

No, Maddie, you're not. And 'these right wingers' don't hate the earth either. We just don't like other people scare mongering - and making billions of dollars from their scare mongering - and using the environment to seize yet more control over other people. Perhaps you could educate yourself before making dumbassed statements.

Which statement in the Op was "dumbassed" IYO?

Are the British more aware of the cruelty and extreme evil in the world and thus somehow able to think that something so horrid could be OK? Obviously not, as it was rightly pulled from the air. But today stupidity cannot be easily erased. Now this sad act will feed the propaganda machine of right wing opposition to anything that contradicts their worldview.

"In an apology letter, the filmmakers said the video was intended for a British audience, as if they forgot that in the digital world you can't just "take down" a piece of media. No doubt it will be played over and over ad nauseum by Fox newers like Glenn Beck, who will use it as living proof for the most popular talking point of the conservative, anti-climate spin machine -- "progressives hate people.""

Exploding children featured in 10:10 UK video | MNN - Mother Nature Network

Edit: stay on topic: http://climateprogress.org/2010/10/01/bill-mckibben-days-that-suck/

Last edited:
This reminds me of a time back in the '60s when there was a real fight over logging an area that was vulneable to erosion. Weyerhauser wanted to log, people in the area did not. There was a group of fringies that were extreme and violent that were also against the logging. They had been inconsequensial, until, suddenly, they were getting some real funding. And they were used to tar the people who had legitimate concerns about the logging.

Finally, someone traced down the source of funding for the wingnuts. Weyerhauser.

I wouldn't be surprised were we to find a similiar situation here.

Are the British more aware of the cruelty and extreme evil in the world and thus somehow able to think that something so horrid could be OK? Obviously not, as it was rightly pulled from the air. But today stupidity cannot be easily erased. Now this sad act will feed the propaganda machine of right wing opposition to anything that contradicts their worldview.

"In an apology letter, the filmmakers said the video was intended for a British audience, as if they forgot that in the digital world you can't just "take down" a piece of media. No doubt it will be played over and over ad nauseum by Fox newers like Glenn Beck, who will use it as living proof for the most popular talking point of the conservative, anti-climate spin machine -- "progressives hate people.""

Exploding children featured in 10:10 UK video | MNN - Mother Nature Network

Edit: stay on topic: Bill McKibben: Days that Suck Climate Progress

I am still bumfuddled as to how the Plain Dealer could think some greenies in the UK peered into my secret heart and discovered I have hateful thoughts about wastrel children. It was complete, utter bullshit to try and use this to tar people in the US who care about the environment.

There's already a thread on this. :rolleyes:

:eek: There is? Shit! I missed one! Dammit! I hate it when that happens.
Yes, posted very early this morning. http://www.usmessageboard.com/politics/136222-10-10-uk-movie-advertisement.html

THAT WAS/IS THIS ONE!!!

WTF??? A fucking MOD changed the title of the thread?!?

I posted it because it's HORRIFYING, and I can't believe ANYONE would make a "movie"/ad like THIS!

FUCK YOU, to whomever thought they had the right to change the title, and thanx for the PM or e to alert me.

Last edited:
This reminds me of a time back in the '60s when there was a real fight over logging an area that was vulneable to erosion. Weyerhauser wanted to log, people in the area did not. There was a group of fringies that were extreme and violent that were also against the logging. They had been inconsequensial, until, suddenly, they were getting some real funding. And they were used to tar the people who had legitimate concerns about the logging.

Finally, someone traced down the source of funding for the wingnuts. Weyerhauser.

I wouldn't be surprised were we to find a similiar situation here.

I thought you were going to reference those old ads about fur ~

THAT was ANOTHER over-the-line campaign, imho.

And, folks? REGARDLESS of which "side" is doing it,

it's HORRIFYING and DISGUSTING!!!

I'm not trying to make a political statement about EITHER "side,"

but about the fact that ANYONE would consider this appropriate.

:eek: There is? Shit! I missed one! Dammit! I hate it when that happens.
Yes, posted very early this morning. http://www.usmessageboard.com/politics/136222-10-10-uk-movie-advertisement.html

THAT WAS/IS THIS ONE!!!

WTF??? A fucking MOD changed the [SIZE=""][][Ititle[/I][/B]
of the thread?!?

I posted it because it's HORRIFYING, and I can't believe ANYONE would make a "movie"/ad like THIS!

FUCK YOU, to whomever thought they had the right to change the title, and thanx for the PM or e to alert me.
[/size]

It's SOP to merge two threads. No one changed your stupid title, stop ranting.

YES, they did!

I STARTED THIS THREAD as evidenced by my post being the first one.

You think I'm fucking WHINING?!?

Give me access to YOUR thread titles,

let ME change them to whatever I'd like!

It wouldn't be fair to you for me to turn the title into some partisan rant that goes AGAINST your basic feelings on the subject,

so get THIS:

I'M FUCKING BITCHING ABOUT IT!

Y'all can change the title BACK, or completely delete any of my posts,

but there is No Way Around the FACT that I should have been notified!

And, NO, not before the change,

but for at LEAST given a Heads-Up,

and the opportunity to request that my posts be removed from it.

Cripes.

[size=""]YES, they did!

I STARTED THIS THREAD as evidenced by my post being the first one.

You think I'm fucking WHINING?!?

Give me access to YOUR thread titles,

let ME change them to whatever I'd like!

It wouldn't be fair to you for me to turn the title into some partisan rant that goes AGAINST your basic feelings on the subject,

so get THIS:

I'M FUCKING BITCHING ABOUT IT!

Y'all can change the title BACK, or completely delete any of my posts,

but there is No Way Around the FACT that I should have been notified!

And, NO, not before the change,

but for at LEAST given a Heads-Up,

and the opportunity to request that my posts be removed from it.

Cripes.
[/size]

You started a thread.

So did Maddie.

Mods merged them. They used Maddie's title. Get over it. No one died.

So y'all merge threads based on something OTHER than time of posting?

I'm considered a second-rate member?

(^THAT^ is me, WHINING! :lol: )

You would have to ask a Mod. I'm just smart enough to understand basic shit like merging threads instead of having two on the same topic. You could try using the search function before starting topics.

You would have to ask a Mod. I'm just smart enough to understand basic shit like merging threads instead of having two on the same topic. You could try using the search function before starting topics.

I DID use search.

IF you'll notice, mine was posted SIX FULL HOURS BEFORE the other one.

Perhaps you'd like to advise Madeline to use the search feature?

Last edited:

I DID use search.

IF you'll notice, mine was posted SIX FULL HOURS BEFORE the other one.

Perhaps you'd like to advise Madeline to use the search feature.

I have - several times. Maddie is a slow learner. I still fail to see why it's a big deal.

Forum List

Back