Right as usual Mr. Trump - NFL protesters should be canned

By failing to demonstrate respect, you are, by definition, disrespecting it, and everything it stands for.

Uhhhh nnnnnnnnnnnnno. Declining to take an action (such as standing in silence) is not taking an initiative action at all --- it's the opposite. It's REFUSING to take the prescribed initiative action (standing in silence). It's refusing to be coerced by mob mentality.

You know mob mentality, right? Like when the NA was first played in baseball -- 1918, the same year that Earnest Starr was tossed in jail for refusing to kiss a flag? You know, back when Dachshunds were ripped from their owners and stoned to death in the streets because "Dachshund" is a German word?

Whelp --- this is where mob mentality leads, and these are the consequences of not refusing to go along with it.

th

Low attendance at some games continues...

th

FOOTBALL RATINGS...
DROP

How's that 'Solidarity / Unity In Disrespecting The Flag' thing coming along, commissioner Goodell? :p

th

th

FOOTBALL RATINGS...
DROP

How's that 'Solidarity / Unity In Disrespecting The Flag' thing coming along, commissioner Goodell? :p

We've already pointed this out over and over and over and over and over but once again for those not listening....

NFL ratings have BEEN dropping. Already were.

So have those of baseball.

So have those of basketball.

So have those of hockey.

So have those of NASCAR.

They're ALL declining, across the board. That trend is already established and quantified.

Good luck making a causation out of all that.

NFL is certainly upset over this. Shame our POUS holds them accountable and calls things as they are. The NFL fears repercussions on their pocket books, never mind they fear losing their right to act like assholes in a professional setting. At the end of the day, Trump is supported on this issue, and if the NFL wants to play the victim role that's fine, but it will be a major contribution to an NFL that's already losing public interest.

They also prove to hypocrites, and lack critical thought because they're acting on emotions. They say Trump should keep his mouth shut because the NFL is no place for "politics". Ah sure, but it's okay for players to bring politics into the sport as they disrespect our country, simply because they're selfish, dumbed down and cause-seeking attention whores.

This is what fans think of NFL protesters. Trump is right, America is right, NFL is just pathetic.

Last edited:
We've already pointed this out over and over and over and over and over but once again for those not listening....
Thanks for that input...

Confirmed: NFL Losing Millions Of TV Viewers Because Of National Anthem Protests

Survey: Protests top reason NFL ratings dipped

"Confirmed" my ass. You linked to a blog that makes a leap based on a survey of what viewers SAID they would do, which is in no way a causation of any relationship. Doesn't even involve ratings numbers.

Furthermore the article is from A YEAR AGO.

Thanks for that input...

Confirmed: NFL Losing Millions Of TV Viewers Because Of National Anthem Protests

"Confirmed" my ass. You linked to a blog that makes a leap based on a survey of what viewers SAID they would do, which is in no way a causation of any relationship. Doesn't even involve ratings numbers.

It is as valid as your unsubstantiated opinion.

NFL is certainly upset over this. Shame our POUS holds them accountable and calls things as they are. The NFL fears repercussions on their pocket books, never mind they fear losing their right to act like assholes in a professional setting. At the end of the day, Trump is supported on this issue, and if the NFL wants to play the victim role that's fine, but it will be a major contribution to an NFL that's already losing public interest.

Anyone in the slightest way connected with media knows it doesn't work that way. There's no such thing as attention waning due to a controversy, regardless which side the audience might be on. Controversy SELLS, period. That's a truism that's been known since freaking Gutenberg. The only thing that causes attention (ratings) to decline is disinterest. Taking a side is not "disinterest" --- it's the opposite. So Rump and his anti-speech antics can only spike those ratings.

They also prove to hypocrites, and lack critical thought because they're acting on emotions. They say Trump should keep his mouth shut because the NFL is no place for "politics". Ah sure, but it's okay for players to bring politics into the sport as they disrespect our country, simply because they're selfish, dumbed down and cause-seeking attention whores.

Ah but it's OK for the US military to stick the original politics IN there in the first place by pimping for fake patriotism?

Oh but that gets a blind eye. Even though it's illegal use of taxpayer money. But let a black guy stand up to the charade and the hypocrites come to life.

Having it both ways: Priceless.

Thanks for that input...

It is as valid as your unsubstantiated opinion.

That's not "opinion" --- it's quantifiable fact. I posted links to those numbers back on Saturday.

it's quantifiable fact. I posted links to those numbers...
So did I. :p

I did NOT say the NFL's national anthem antics were the only reason NFL attendance and merchandise sales are down, but if you think they are not negatively impacting NFL attendance, bottom line, and attitude towards the NFL you're an idiot in denial.

BACKLASH: NFL Ratings Crash On Opening Night As Players Kneel During Anthem

BACKLASH: Angry Fans Bombard NFL Teams’ Facebook Pages With Negative Comments

Angry fans take to Cleveland Browns Facebook page over national anthem protest

Last edited:

Anyone in the slightest way connected with media knows it doesn't work that way. There's no such thing as attention waning due to a controversy, regardless which side the audience might be on. Controversy SELLS, period. That's a truism that's been known since freaking Gutenberg. The only thing that causes attention (ratings) to decline is disinterest. Taking a side is not "disinterest" --- it's the opposite. So Rump and his anti-speech antics can only spike those ratings.

Ah but it's OK for the US military to stick the original politics IN there in the first place by pimping for fake patriotism?

Oh but that gets a blind eye. Even though it's illegal use of taxpayer money. But let a black guy stand up to the charade and the hypocrites come to life.

I disagree. These protests are equal to BLM protests. They prove to be failures, they destroy, and they lose. Look at the election results. In other terms, the cost outweighs the benefit. This makes perfect sense, because there is no benefit. ‘Sunday Night Football’ Ratings Down Again On Day Of Player Protests

it's quantifiable fact. I posted links to those numbers...
So did I. :p

I did NOT say the NFL's national anthem antics were the only reason NFL attendance and merchandise sales are down, but if you think they are not negatively impacting NFL attendance, bottom line, and attitude towards the NFL you're an idiot in denial.

BACKLASH: NFL Ratings Crash On Opening Night As Players Kneel During Anthem

BACKLASH: Angry Fans Bombard NFL Teams’ Facebook Pages With Negative Comments

Angry fans take to Cleveland Browns Facebook page over national anthem protest

Once AGAIN --- you're taking a number that's already established as being in decline --- and then trying to append a contemporary cause to it. That is NOT demonstrating a causation.

Another consideration is this:

Check your calendar. This is September. Baseball season is still on. Meaningful games in the NFL don't start happening for two more months.

Tell you what, I like our POUS. His blunt honesty is refreshing. I like most of his policies. And the way he tells PC to get fkd is even better.

Trump is right as usual here. These "protesters" are wrong & disrespectful attention whores. For too many reasons they should be fired. Jerry Jones laid down the law immediately too. Go figure they had a great season.

Trump says NFL should fire players who kneel during anthem
No, protesters should never be banned. It is the violent protesters should be locked up for assault or vandalizing. The Establishment has been trying for years to silence freedom of speech. Because they know that it leads to the truth. But they do not want the truth about them to ever be uncovered. .They has Fusion centers all over this nation before Pres.Trump went into office. And they weren't to locked up violent protesters. But those that are opening their mouth against them. But now since Pres.Trump came into office, that their plans had been spoiled. And so they had planted violent protesters to give all protesters a bad name. So when ever there is a protest, that they will be labeled by the people as a domestic terrorist and the people will not listen to them. And then those of the Obama's administration that are still in power can lock them up with the public approval. Because the public is so tired of protesters, and will be willing to change the constitution to get rid of them. And then the Establishment can go back to work on the public without being exposed.

no-gmo.gif

I disagree. These protests are equal to BLM protests. They prove to be failures, they destroy, and they lose. Look at the election results. In other terms, the cost outweighs the benefit. This makes perfect sense, because there is no benefit. ‘Sunday Night Football’ Ratings Down Again On Day Of Player Protests

You didn't address the Pentagon Pimping at all.

th

th

FOOTBALL RATINGS...
DROP

NFL ratings have BEEN dropping. Already were.

So have those of baseball.

So have those of basketball.

So have those of hockey.

So have those of NASCAR.

They're ALL declining, across the board. That trend is already established and quantified.

Good luck making a causation out of all that.
TV viewership in Week 2 of the NFL season was 24% lower than the same week last year.

"The Week 2 NFL singleheader window delivered an 8.4 rating and 14.5 million viewers on CBS Sunday, down 24% in ratings and viewership from last year on FOX (11.0, 19.2M) and down 14% and 13% respectively from 2015 on CBS (9.8, 16.7M)."

NFL Ratings Week 2: Second-Straight Low For CBS — Sports Media Watch

"72 percent of Americans said that they thought Kaepernick's behavior was unpatriotic. Another 61 percent said that they do not "support the stance Colin Kaepernick is taking and his decision not to stand during the national anthem."

POLL: Majority of Americans disagree with Colin Kaepernick's protest

How long do you think NFL owners are going to tolerate that?

Why?

What about these lyrics is so offensive?

"
Lyrics
Oh, say can you see,
By the dawn's early light,
What so proudly we hailed,
At the twilight's last gleaming?
Whose broad stripes and bright stars,
Through the perilous fight,
O'er the ramparts we watched,
Were so gallantly streaming.
And the rocket's red glare,
The bombs bursting in air,
Gave proof through the night,
That our flag was still there.
Oh say does that star spangled banner yet wave,
For the land of the free, and the home of the brave."
You missed the racist part where he gloated about killing Blacks fighting for their freedom.

No, those are actually the lyrics that are sung at every ball game, there is no gloating.

And the history has nothing to do with blacks, it is about the war of 1812 between the Americans and the British.

So please, go into more detail. . .

Now, I could understand where folks believe this is NOT the land of the free, or the home of the brave, that of course is subjective. . . however, that has very little to do with the national anthem.
Of course it has everything to do with Scott being present at the battle where Black soilders fighting with the British handed americans one of their most embarrassing defeats.The battle of Bladensburg
This is a quite a stretch and takes away from real racist offenses. I had no idea that this is what the protest is about. Totally lame!
Stretch? Its historical fact. Its your right to think its lame. I'm sure youre the only that gives credibility to your views on the issue.
I tiny piece of "history" that no one know about and that just happens to (in your mind) bolster your opinion that the national anthem has wronged you. Oh yeah, it's a stretch.

th

th

FOOTBALL RATINGS...
DROP

---I was thinking he same thing. This attempt to defuse this lose lose lose situation is a bit late. I am now referring to this nfl bunch as the DK's.

I was wondering if any reporters asked some players if they actually knew what they were protesting and/or supporting. Anyway,

Colin Kaepernick said:

"I am not going to stand up to show pride in a flag for a country that oppresses black people, and people of color."

Interesting, but not necessarily true. But even if it was true, the flag represents much more to many people than any single issue. So President Trump is right that this protest is disrespecting the flag and all of the people of the USA. I guess that includes those nitwits doing their thing too.LMAO

So now I am referring to these so called unifiers as the DK's.[Disciples of Kaepernick]

th

th

FOOTBALL RATINGS...
DROP

This is the post I was replying to in the previous post.

Incidentally, police brutality was also at the forefront in this protest. Really! All those in favor of police brutality raise your hands. No response. I thought so. Anyhow, I was curious if stats were kept on this stuff since most of these incidents occur after traffic stops which escalate into something far worse. Apparently they do.

---------Bureau of Justice Statistics----------
  • An estimated 26.4 million persons age 16 or older indicated that their most recent contact with the police in 2011 was as a driver pulled over in a traffic stop. These drivers represented 12% of the nation's 212 million drivers.
  • A greater percentage of male drivers (12%) than female drivers (8%) were stopped by police during 2011. A higher percentage of black drivers (13%) than white (10%) and Hispanic (10%) drivers were stopped by police during 2011.
  • Stopped drivers reported speeding as the most common reason for being pulled over in 2011.
  • Approximately 80% of drivers pulled over by police in 2011 felt they had been stopped for a legitimate reason. In 2011, about 68% of black drivers believed police had a legitimate reason for stopping them compared to 84% of white and 74% of Hispanic drivers.
  • In 2011, about 3% of traffic stops led to a search of the driver, the vehicle, or both. Police were more likely to search male drivers (4%) than female drivers (2%).
  • A lower percentage of white drivers stopped by police in 2011 were searched (2%) than black (6%) or Hispanic (7%) drivers.
-----Wow! 26.4 million a year. 520 million the past 20 years, nearly twice the population of the entire USA. Seriously. can anyone recall more than a handfull of these unfortunate brutality case incidents? IDTS

This entire situation was ill advised from the get go.

Well nfl [notice lower case] let's see how the DK's spin things now. Maybe tonight they will embrace the flag and include a call for world peace also. You know, like in a beauty pageant.

Forum List

Back