Maybe Cut Day In The NFL Should Be Ended Because Of A Lack Of Diversity

mudwhistle

Diamond Member
Gold Supporting Member
Jul 21, 2009
Headmaster's Office, Hogwarts
Anyone who ever strives for excellence or tried getting into a club that requires only the best need apply knows what hundreds of NFL prospects are going thru today.

The possible end of a career that started when you were a kid.

Everywhere you've been you were always the best......better than everyone else around you.

Now you're in a situation where every day you're being put under a microscope and your every move judged by people who you can't bully or blackmail into accepting you into their group.

Beware the Turk: Cutdown day is never easy

t_dungy_080731_wide.jpg

Michael Conroy / Associated Press

As each NFL team must make its final cuts to reach the roster limit of 53, some players learned their fate on Friday. All will know by 6 p.m. ET on Saturday. It can be a time for NFL teams to take cover.

"When I was coach in Tampa," recalls Indianapolis coach Tony Dungy, "we had a player we let go. We get a call from a pawn shop owner who recognized the player and said that he was in the shop upset and wanting to purchase a gun. He wasn't coming after me. He was coming after his position coach."

That position coach was then-Bucs linebackers coach Lovie Smith.

"He was my player," said Smith, now the Bears coach. "I heard the guy was at the pawn shop. We had security in my yard that night. It was serious. Once you've been through a situation like that ..."

You understand that this is a gut-wrenching experience for 704 players who will be cut by Saturday night. That many of them for the first time will experience football "failure." That some veteran players go from earning millions to zilch. That these players are being told, in essence, says Smith: "Your dream is not going to work here with us. It's not going to happen here."

Right now....you're not gonna get any static from the players on the team about kneeling....
It's a different story once the season begins.

Maybe it's time we let all of these players that kneel during the playing of the National Anthem go find another line of work.

NFL players are really just slaves anyway....WELL PAID SLAVES....and it's tough to find actual slaves these days....so openings should be abundant. I'm sure that lots of players would be willing to give up their jobs in support of Democrat ideology. Maybe instead of risking American player's health we could fill NFL rosters with illegal immigrants. Sounds like jobs that Americans aren't willing to do.

23-nfl-kneeling.w700.h700.jpg

I have a great idea........
For halftimes...instead of bands playing you can start a new trend.....call it "Smear The Queer".
Get about 20 big guys in football gear and one shirtless guy with the ball and everyone chases him till he runs out of gas.

RUMBLING....BUMBLING.....STUMBLING.......
9TFTSVcQY95MkHmCts5vdu400D3qxeBKDKbOSMh4yT0NPdFXwrJ0eCNeNWcedkf9yijTq0iMbZS25t0KMqav30Z-iItYaon5kyDECOaWZiV6sRuzqXFz8uoHOVL4Amrp4eMvNbu-rb_e8a239D9F9EWaseMABrt8CeP-qLo53QEH_FwBO4cnNvUH034aOC8mZGtI=s0-d

Pat Griffin's LGBT Sport Blog: Smear the Queer: When Tradition Needs to be Changed

Last edited:

Forum List

Back