Rick Santorum Is Insane

Nienna said:
Wow! People really like putting words in my mouth, lately! :shocked:

I favor abortion to save the life of the mother. A father should not be able to veto that.

But with that exception, you would favor letting the father veto an abortion no matter the wishes of the mother...or am I misreading you?

MissileMan said:
But with that exception, you would favor letting the father veto an abortion no matter the wishes of the mother...or am I misreading you?

If the father was willing to take responsibility for the child after it was born.

Nienna said:
If the father was willing to take responsibility for the child after it was born.

Then you're also in favor of letting the men insist on an abortion unless the woman is willing to take full responsibility for the child after it's born? That's a door that has to swing both ways.

MissileMan said:
Then you're also in favor of letting the men insist on an abortion unless the woman is willing to take full responsibility for the child after it's born? That's a door that has to swing both ways.

I'm all for it and you know why? Because allowing it would have all pro-choicers howling mad and expose the fact that that this is a gender driven, feminazi issue. They would NEVER consider sharing this same right to choose with men.

MissileMan said:

Sure. Actually, you hear stories like this all the time. A lot of women go through with abortions BECAUSE they feel pressured by the man. And, if the woman wants to keep the child and the man doesn't, the woman is stuck with full responsibility, anyway.

I think it would be fair, too, if the man wanted the child and the woman didn't, that the woman would have to pay child support.

Nienna said:
Sure. Actually, you hear stories like this all the time. A lot of women go through with abortions BECAUSE they feel pressured by the man. And, if the woman wants to keep the child and the man doesn't, the woman is stuck with full responsibility, anyway.

I think it would be fair, too, if the man wanted the child and the woman didn't, that the woman would have to pay child support.

I just reread your question, MM, and as long as either parent wants the child, the child should be allowed to live and grow.

Nienna said:
I just reread your question, MM, and as long as either parent wants the child, the child should be allowed to live and grow.

So you think it's Congress' job to legislate relationships? In an ideal world people make that decision together. I'd rather not have some ijit in Washington making those decisions for me, nor do I think women should have to go to some judge to get permission in the event of a disagreement.

... cause that's the ramifications of your scenario. And that doesn't even begin to address what happens in the event the pregnancy occurs in the context of an abusive relationship.

dilloduck said:
I'm all for it and you know why? Because allowing it would have all pro-choicers howling mad and expose the fact that that this is a gender driven, feminazi issue. They would NEVER consider sharing this same right to choose with men.

Yep, making things only the mother's choice is another communist-driven attack upon the family unit
(which is the whole idea behind the feminazi movement).

ScreamingEagle said:
Yep, making things only the mother's choice is another communist-driven attack upon the family unit
(which is the whole idea behind the feminazi movement).

Really? When was this change to reality made? When did the communists get legislation passed that gave women the only decision in matters of HER body? What was the law before this legislation passed?

Nienna said:

Not once the courts have had their say.

Nienna said:

Wow! Make a woman have a baby she doesn't want AND make her pay for it too. Are we going to hold these women prisoner in a hospital until they deliver to prevent them from causing an intentional miscarriage? Or, as has been suggested before, do you remove the fetus from the mother's body and raise it in a fetus farm until it has developed to the point where it can join it's parent?

I'm all for a reduction in the number of abortions. IMO, the best way to reduce the number is to prevent the pregnancies to begin with, not by making abortions illegal.

MissileMan said:
Not once the courts have had their say.

Wow! Make a woman have a baby she doesn't want AND make her pay for it too. Are we going to hold these women prisoner in a hospital until they deliver to prevent them from causing an intentional miscarriage? Or, as has been suggested before, do you remove the fetus from the mother's body and raise it in a fetus farm until it has developed to the point where it can join it's parent?

I'm all for a reduction in the number of abortions. IMO, the best way to reduce the number is to prevent the pregnancies to begin with, not by making abortions illegal.

We make men be parents and pay for it even if they dont want to.

jillian said:
So you think it's Congress' job to legislate relationships? In an ideal world people make that decision together. I'd rather not have some ijit in Washington making those decisions for me, nor do I think women should have to go to some judge to get permission in the event of a disagreement.
This is not an ideal world. Many men and women appear before judges daily in the event of relational disagreements.

... cause that's the ramifications of your scenario. And that doesn't even begin to address what happens in the event the pregnancy occurs in the context of an abusive relationship.
Abusive realtionships stink, whether or not a pregnancy occurs.

Nienna said:
This is not an ideal world. Many men and women appear before judges daily in the event of relational disagreements.

Women shouldn't have to beg for control over their own bodies so they aren't subservient to men.

Abusive realtionships stink, whether or not a pregnancy occurs.

So she should be endangered if she requests an abortion?

Yeah... I guess that's a pretty good deterrant. But that's the goal, isn't it?

dilloduck said:
We make men be parents and pay for it even if they dont want to.
The courts force child support...to my knowledge, however, they don't proscribe paternal participation in parenting...period! :D

Forum List

Back