Rick Perry Can Come Back, Experts Say.

Thanks for the kind words, Elvis, but I'm too ill physically. However, my mind still works and knows the #1 problem in America isn't anything other than business failures and unemployment. Small business owners are seeing some businesses getting half a billion from the feds and blowing it in 2 years. They'll be tapped to make up the difference, so they are frightened of a future of tax horrors, a worsening market, and insurance premiums that are higher than people's incomes in the future when obamacare is redesigned. They need a friend.

Rick Perry is that friend.

he won't make it. he can't debate. he didn't prepare. he's not ready. it's obvious.
It takes some time to get over back surgery. When Rick's back is totally healed, you will know it by the furor he will raise in the behalf of the American unemployed. He's a man with a mission, and I believe he will overcome his stage issues.

maybe in 2016 or 2020. not this time.

I'm staying true to the Perry family, and with those who also are not counting out America's best hope for the future prosperity of the realm, Rick Perry.

That's all I can do.

Don't Count Out Rick Perry, Say Experts

AUSTIN — Political strategists and experts on Wednesday cautioned against counting Gov. Rick Perry out of the Republican race for president, saying a fat campaign war chest and a skillful use of advertising can make up for poor debate performances and a dearth of policy specifics that some say have the Texas governor’s popularity in free fall.

I agree with the article, but not because he is well-bankrolled.

I think Rick Perry is the best in the field based on his military experience, and his stunning record on jobs creation across the board.

The reason you hear so little about him, is because he is the one the media fears will ultimately take Obama out of the Oval Office.

They're scared a conservative Republican will invigorate Americans again to keep the private sector alive and well.

Yeah, that puts a crimp in the style of Marxism.

I could get used to Marxism going out on a crutch.

:)

You go, Rick Perry!

Sure.

Thanks for the kind words, Elvis, but I'm too ill physically. However, my mind still works and knows the #1 problem in America isn't anything other than business failures and unemployment. Small business owners are seeing some businesses getting half a billion from the feds and blowing it in 2 years. They'll be tapped to make up the difference, so they are frightened of a future of tax horrors, a worsening market, and insurance premiums that are higher than people's incomes in the future when obamacare is redesigned. They need a friend.

Rick Perry is that friend.

he won't make it. he can't debate. he didn't prepare. he's not ready. it's obvious.
It takes some time to get over back surgery. When Rick's back is totally healed, you will know it by the furor he will raise in the behalf of the American unemployed. He's a man with a mission, and I believe he will overcome his stage issues.

You remind me of USAR's threads about Palin.

AUSTIN — Political strategists and experts on Wednesday cautioned against counting Gov. Rick Perry out of the Republican race for president, saying a fat campaign war chest and a skillful use of advertising can make up for poor debate performances and a dearth of policy specifics that some say have the Texas governor’s popularity in free fall.

I think Rick Perry is the best in the field based on his military experience, and his stunning record on jobs creation across the board.

The reason you hear so little about him, is because he is the one the media fears will ultimately take Obama out of the Oval Office.

They're scared a conservative Republican will invigorate Americans again to keep the private sector alive and well.

You go, Rick Perry!

I still like Rick Perry as the nominee, but he has to do a lot better at articulating his message.

He speaks well when rehearsed, but he's been weak in the debates.

He also needs to engage Romney head on, especially on the man's liberal past and his two-faced stances on issues.

I think the problem is, the GOP establishment would rather take a dive in this election by nominating the Android From Kolob than risk a TEA backed candidate on the ticket.

Because it wouldn't be their party anymore. It would be ours.

I have no idea why Perry hasn't nailed Romney for not only signing an Assault Weapons Ban in Mass...but saying on Meet the Press that he was in favor of the Brady gun law AND would have signed a National Assault Weapons ban had he been president.

I have no idea why Perry hasn't nailed Romney for not only signing an Assault Weapons Ban in Mass...but saying on Meet the Press that he was in favor of the Brady gun law AND would have signed a National Assault Weapons ban had he been president.

cause he's not prepared... If he can't prepare for debates, why should think he'll be prepared for the White House?

You go, Rick Perry!

Hmmm. So some experts in TEXAS who work in THE PERRY CAMP say nice things about Perry! Shocker! Just wow!

Seriously, the guy is like "W" on Valium. As Bugs would say "What a maroon!"

I will vote for Cain or Romney (assuming no whackjobs like Bachmann are on the ticket) over Obama in a heartbeat.
Perry guarantees the Moderates, Independents, Deficit Hawks etc... to either vote for Obama or stay home.
You have a huge gap in your analysis: those who stand in unemployment lines, their parents, their friends, brothers, sisters, and sympathetic business concerns. A lot of Americans want a person who is experienced in employing people in the private sector.

Far and away, Rick Perry has the best record of employing people.

He served in the military as a fighter pilot with honor, and yes, he is a maroon. Aggie colors include beautiful maroon. I went to College Station to a quilt store yesterday and bought a ton of maroon and gray for my charity quilts. I believe in the Aggie fighting spirit, in jobs for American citizens who are unemployed, and for Governor and Mrs. Rick Perry.

If I were his campaign chooser for a motto, I would choose the following one:

You're Hired! Welcome to Minimum Wage!​

]

Well, I admire your enthusaism for your candidate. Obviously you really like the guy. The rest of us are still making up our minds.
I actually liked him when we lived in Sugar Land. Likeable down-home kinda guy. But I didn't pay REAL close attention then.
Perry didn't create ANY jobs. The government doesn't do that, remember? But he was in a state that benefitted from the Oil & Gas industry (lots of my clients) and LOTS of nice government jobs. Not to mention more minimum wage jobs than anywhere and more people depending on government heathcare than any state in the union - because they have none. Not impressive.
After the last idiot and so-called "Conservative" we got out of Texas, I looked at whether he is he the guy to handle spending & the deficit. Answer? Oh HELL no!
Then he got on tv and it went from bad to "You've got to be fugging kidding me!". And the last straw?
He goes to a debate on the single most important issue: The Economy. He's had six weeks to prepare for it. What's he come up with? "I'll get back to you."
Anyone who wasn't already 100% behind the guy, got behind someone else that night. I did. Even my 100% Conservative Christian Republican Fox Fan nephew, did.

Hell I could be wrong though. Seriously. I mean just because the people I talk all think he's sinking like a lead canoe, doesn't mean that's a national trend at all.
Any Independents or Moderates here still behind Perry?

cause he's not prepared... If he can't prepare for debates, why should think he'll be prepared for the White House?

Because he has done such a fantastic job as the longest serving governor of the state of Texas.

Romney didn't (our couldn't) get reelected Governor once, and was defeated when running for Senator...even while promising and regurgitating all the things liberal Massachusan wanted to hear.

Last edited:

Because he has done such a fantastic job as the longest serving governor of the state of Texas.

Romney didn't (our couldn't) get reelected Governor once, and was defeated when running for Senator...even while promising and regurgitating all the things liberal Massachusan wanted to hear.

but he's getting killed in these debates. and he hasn't prepared for them. he looks like a fucking idiot.

The 2 worst on the Republican stage are Perry and Mitt... they get all the Media love. Funny that. I thank Cain for proving Mitt was not the front runner and I thank Perry for proving front runners are 100% hyped by the Media.

Now I'm going to sit back and watch Perry and Cain implode.

Perry looks like a fifth grader giving an oral book report on a book he didn't read.

Translation:

Perry will use his money to buy advertising to lie about his opponents and cover up the fact he’s an idiot. Good plan.

Why? The media are the private sector. They’re only interested in a good story that sells. And Perry just doesn’t sell.

What's frightening is another 4 years of Obama or the Democrats getting the House and Senate back because of a weak leader the leftist lockstep press already has their battle plan mapped out against in favor of Barack Obama.

Partisan nonsense.

And what, Sir elvis have you against lowering the unemployment rate from 10% to 4%? Do tell.
And Perry is going to do that how? Lots of minimum wage, no benefit jobs? Unemployment will come down when consumers are out of debt and have money to spend and the housing market recovers. And that will happen in its own time, regardless who is in the WH.

Perry looks like a fifth grader giving an oral book report on a book he didn't read.
Well, Sir Elvis, you just described what back pain does to a person. I guess I will have to put Governor Perry back on my healing prayer list.

Thanks for sharing your insights.

Thanks, all, for sharing your thoughts as well.

love,

becki

Well, Sir Elvis, you just described what back pain does to a person. I guess I will have to put Governor Perry back on my healing prayer list.

love,

becki

Perry has the reputation as not the sharpest crayon in the box

It is showing

love,

becki

Perry has the reputation as not the sharpest crayon in the box

It is showing
Not on his love for the American people, though. :)

Forum List

Back