Richard Dawkins celebrates a victory over creationists

Leading scientists and naturalists, including Professor Richard Dawkins and Sir David Attenborough, are claiming a victory over the creationist movement after the government ratified measures that will bar anti-evolution groups from teaching creationism in science classes.

:clap2: :cool:

Richard Dawkins celebrates a victory over creationists | Education | The Observer

Hint: If your ideas can't stand exposure to differing viewpoints and must be protected by threat of government force...

...you didn't really win.

Religion has a historical tendency to squash progress. The government of the UK has finally acknowledged that.

"When it comes to the origin of life, we have only two possibilities as to how life arose. One is spontaneous generation arising to evolution; the other is a supernatural creative act of God. There is no third possibility...Spontaneous generation was scientifically disproved one hundred years ago by Louis Pasteur, Spellanzani, Reddy and others. That leads us scientifically to only one possible conclusion -- that life arose as a supernatural creative act of God...I will not accept that philosophically because I do not want to believe in God. Therefore, I choose to believe in that which I know is scientifically impossible, spontaneous generation arising to evolution."
-- George Wald, Scientific American, August, 1954

Leading scientists and naturalists, including Professor Richard Dawkins and Sir David Attenborough, are claiming a victory over the creationist movement after the government ratified measures that will bar anti-evolution groups from teaching creationism in science classes.

:clap2: :cool:

Richard Dawkins celebrates a victory over creationists | Education | The Observer

Hint: If your ideas can't stand exposure to differing viewpoints and must be protected by threat of government force...

...you didn't really win.

Religion has a historical tendency to squash progress. The government of the UK has finally acknowledged that.

I see my point went straight over your head.

Daveman is always short on facts. Likes one liners and quoting other people. Typical neocon sheeple...

And yet, oddly, you seem to have no refutation.

There is nothing to refute.

Daveman is always short on facts. Likes one liners and quoting other people. Typical neocon sheeple...

"What can be asserted without evidence, can be dismissed without evidence." -Christopher Hitchens.
So you're just going to pretend Post #22 doesn't exist.

Leftists and their magical thinking. :lol:

tumblr_lvmtrjdg1A1r0go7xo1_500.gif

tumblr_lvmtrjdg1A1r0go7xo2_500.jpg

Oh I know, why aren't we teaching alchemy in chemistry class too?

Shit while we are at it why don't we teach intelligent falling instead of gravity in physics class?

"What can be asserted without evidence, can be dismissed without evidence." -Christopher Hitchens.

But Dave you arte at times short on facts moreover you often agree with folk who are very short on facts,just saying.steven:cool:

But Dave you arte at times short on facts moreover you often agree with folk who are very short on facts,just saying.steven:cool:
At least I know how punctuation works, Superior Boi. :lol:

Oh I know, why aren't we teaching alchemy in chemistry class too?

Shit while we are at it why don't we teach intelligent falling instead of gravity in physics class?

Oh right, forgot, why aren't we teaching holocaust denial in history class too?
I forget -- what part of evolution shows the origin of life?

You sure you want to do that? Is that really how you see God, just an explanation for something you don't understand?

Lack of evidence is no reason to teach it. End of story.

So you know, abiogenesis is only brought up briefly alongside many other scientific hypothesis.

Last edited:

Forum List

Back