Richard Dawkins celebrates a victory over creationists

Oh I know, why aren't we teaching alchemy in chemistry class too?

Shit while we are at it why don't we teach intelligent falling instead of gravity in physics class?

Oh right, forgot, why aren't we teaching holocaust denial in history class too?
I forget -- what part of evolution shows the origin of life?

You sure you want to do that? Is that really how you see God, just an explanation for something you don't understand?
Your inability to understand faith has no impact on my faith. Just so's you know.
Lack of evidence is no reason to teach it. End of story.
Again -- what are you afraid of? That kids might decide to believe the "wrong" things?

You have such little faith in your own beliefs if you don't think they can survive contact with differing viewpoints.
So you know, abiogenesis is only brought up briefly alongside many other scientific hypothesis.
There are only two possible explanations for the origin of life: Creation and abiogenesis. Either life was created, or it arose spontaneously from non-living matter.

There are no other alternatives.

I forget -- what part of evolution shows the origin of life?

You sure you want to do that? Is that really how you see God, just an explanation for something you don't understand?
Your inability to understand faith has no impact on my faith. Just so's you know.
Lack of evidence is no reason to teach it. End of story.
Again -- what are you afraid of? That kids might decide to believe the "wrong" things?

You have such little faith in your own beliefs if you don't think they can survive contact with differing viewpoints.
So you know, abiogenesis is only brought up briefly alongside many other scientific hypothesis.
There are only two possible explanations for the origin of life: Creation and abiogenesis. Either life was created, or it arose spontaneously from non-living matter.

I didn't realize you were a biologist! Please, show me your research that brought you to such a conclusion!

On a side note, You seem to see your God as something that fills in Gaps, and I just want you to know as Neil DeGrasse Tyson puts it, that your God is an ever-receding pocket of scientific ignorance, getting smaller.

And smaller.

And smaller.

Last edited:
I didn't realize you were a biologist! Please, show me your research that brought you to such a conclusion!
It's called "logic". Check into it.

If you have a theory for the origin of life that does NOT involve either creation or spontaneous generation from non-living matter, I'd love to hear it. :lol:
On a side note, You seem to see your God as something that fills in Gaps...
But as you've repeatedly demonstrated, your perceptions are horribly skewed.
...and I just want you to know as Neil DeGrasse Tyson puts it, that your God is an ever-receding pocket of scientific ignorance, getting smaller.

And smaller.

And smaller.
I see you've thrown in your lot with this guy:

"When it comes to the origin of life, we have only two possibilities as to how life arose. One is spontaneous generation arising to evolution; the other is a supernatural creative act of God. There is no third possibility...Spontaneous generation was scientifically disproved one hundred years ago by Louis Pasteur, Spellanzani, Reddy and others. That leads us scientifically to only one possible conclusion -- that life arose as a supernatural creative act of God...I will not accept that philosophically because I do not want to believe in God. Therefore, I choose to believe in that which I know is scientifically impossible, spontaneous generation arising to evolution."
-- George Wald, Scientific American, August, 1954

The universe is not impressed with your petulant foot stamping, kid.

In the country formerly known as England? The country that destroyed almost every medieval manuscript in an effort to eradicate Papists in order for the king to marry about 8 fricking times? You mean that country?

If you have a theory for the origin of life that does NOT involve either creation or spontaneous generation from non-living matter, I'd love to hear it. :lol:
On a side note, You seem to see your God as something that fills in Gaps...
...and I just want you to know as Neil DeGrasse Tyson puts it, that your God is an ever-receding pocket of scientific ignorance, getting smaller.

And smaller.

And smaller.

"When it comes to the origin of life, we have only two possibilities as to how life arose. One is spontaneous generation arising to evolution; the other is a supernatural creative act of God. There is no third possibility...Spontaneous generation was scientifically disproved one hundred years ago by Louis Pasteur, Spellanzani, Reddy and others. That leads us scientifically to only one possible conclusion -- that life arose as a supernatural creative act of God...I will not accept that philosophically because I do not want to believe in God. Therefore, I choose to believe in that which I know is scientifically impossible, spontaneous generation arising to evolution."

In one ear and out the other, you've been brainwashed very well.

You still haven't answered me. I know it hurts but you will have to come to terms with it in time.

Lack of evidence is not evidence.

And philosophical postulations are not fact.

Last edited:

And smaller.

And smaller.

You still haven't answered me. I know it hurts but you will have to come to terms with it in time.
No, kid, you have some homework. You claimed there are alternatives to creation and abiogenesis as explanations for the origin of life.

Put up or shut up. But drop the superior act, because you seriously lack the horsepower to pull it off.

No, kid, you have some homework. You claimed there are alternatives to creation and abiogenesis as explanations for the origin of life.

Put up or shut up. But drop the superior act, because you seriously lack the horsepower to pull it off.

Lack of evidence is not evidence. If you cannot provide, then go away.

Lack of evidence is not evidence. If you cannot provide, then go away.
How did a person as seriously stupid as you are get the idea you're intelligent?

You made a claim. Back it up. Chop chop, kid.

Leading scientists and naturalists, including Professor Richard Dawkins and Sir David Attenborough, are claiming a victory over the creationist movement after the government ratified measures that will bar anti-evolution groups from teaching creationism in science classes.

:clap2: :cool:

Richard Dawkins celebrates a victory over creationists | Education | The Observer

Sign of the times,but it is only a temporary victory. God said when he returns all the captains and the kings of the earth and will be gather at the final battle where he will destroy all governments. I think that includes man's school system.

Oh, what a lovely benevolent God you believe in

He who creates makes the rules and is justified in judging his creation. But you know he gave plenty of warning before the flood and he has given plenty of warning of the end for sinful man that rejects the creator.

Daveman is always short on facts. Likes one liners and quoting other people. Typical neocon sheeple...

And yet, oddly, you seem to have no refutation.

"What can be asserted without evidence, can be dismissed without evidence." -Christopher Hitchens.

What observed evidence supports macro-evolution ?

Adaptations don't support it.

Mutations don't support it.

The cambrian explosion don't support it.

Leading scientists and naturalists, including Professor Richard Dawkins and Sir David Attenborough, are claiming a victory over the creationist movement after the government ratified measures that will bar anti-evolution groups from teaching creationism in science classes.

:clap2: :cool:

Richard Dawkins celebrates a victory over creationists | Education | The Observer
No wonder because Dawkins and the incompareable Attenborough have a brain.tl:cool:

People that have brains also have imagination to.

There is nothing to refute.

"What can be asserted without evidence, can be dismissed without evidence." -Christopher Hitchens.
So you're just going to pretend Post #22 doesn't exist.

Leftists and their magical thinking. :lol:
But Dave you arte at times short on facts moreover you often agree with folk who are very short on facts,just saying.steven:cool:

What facts do you speak of ?

On a side note, You seem to see your God as something that fills in Gaps, and I just want you to know as Neil DeGrasse Tyson puts it, that your God is an ever-receding pocket of scientific ignorance, getting smaller.

And smaller.

And smaller.

I studied mutations for eleven years and they do not do what evlolutionist claim,they are a detriment to the organism.

Forum List

Back