Richard Dawkins celebrates a victory over creationists

No, Dawkins and everyone else who is pro-science wants all information given.

You want non-information given in a science class.
Your closed-mindedness does not mean the information is non-information.

I admit I am closed-minded in the sense I only want science taught in science classes.
...and, of course, your insistence that you get to determine what's science and what isn't.

Your closed-mindedness does not mean the information is non-information.

I admit I am closed-minded in the sense I only want science taught in science classes.
...and, of course, your insistence that you get to determine what's science and what isn't.

No i leave that to scientists, I always defer to them.

I just don't defer to bible scholars on science, call me crazy.

Well if that is the case why do you only accept scientists views that you agree with ?

Yes, because scientists are NEVER wrong.

:rofl::rofl::rofl:

It's a good thing i didn't say anything remotely close to that. Had I, laughter would be deserved.

I simply said I take those educated on science over those educated on the Bible when dealing with scientific issues. I though that was common sense but this board shows otherwise. Look at YWC for example. He would take a man who never graduated middle school's opinion over a Harvard graduate's in terms of science.

Hopefully you're different.

It's a good thing i didn't say anything remotely close to that. Had I, laughter would be deserved.

I simply said I take those educated on science over those educated on the Bible when dealing with scientific issues. I though that was common sense but this board shows otherwise. Look at YWC for example. He would take a man who never graduated middle school's opinion over a Harvard graduate's in terms of science.

"No i leave that to scientists, I always defer to them."

You can't talk someone out of their faith, you can only give them the information and let them decide to understand for themselves.
Of course, as in the OP, you don't really support giving them ALL the information, do you?

There is a schism here...because this conversation is about FACT AND FAITH,and never the twain shall meet.Unless the Universe evolved 6000 years ago,and the earth is flat......etc,.theliq:cool:FACTS TAKES LOGICAL BRAIN POWER............FAITH DOES NOT...........As we see "Faithful" Meataxes Murdering throughout the World these days.......God condems these faithful haters,as I do,all of them

Last edited:
Of course, as in the OP, you don't really support giving them ALL the information, do you?

There is a schism here...because this conversation is about FACT AND FAITH,and never the twain shall meet.Unless the Universe evolved 6000 years ago,and the earth is flat......etc,.theliq:cool:FACTS TAKES LOGICAL BRAIN POWER............FAITH DOES NOT...........As we see "Faithful" Meataxes Murdering throughout the World these days.......God condems these faithful haters,as I do,all of them

It's cool to believe your ancestors were apes ? It's cool to believe non-intelligence created intelligence ? It's cool to believe non-life created life ? These views are based in faith not evidence. These views go agains't the evidence we actually can observe.

Why is it that science is attacked more often than science attacks religion probably at a rate of 1000 to 1?
Science does not have to attack religion in anything they research.
Religion HAS to attack everything about science that conflicts with anything and everything they believe.

Yes, I defer to biologists in the study of biology, not bible scholars.

Others defer to me when it comes to judging credit worthiness (i'm a credit analyst).

All i've done this entire thread is state things that SHOULD be common sense.

Why is it that science is attacked more often than science attacks religion probably at a rate of 1000 to 1?
Science does not have to attack religion in anything they research.
Religion HAS to attack everything about science that conflicts with anything and everything they believe.

I don't consider the theory of macro-evolution real science. I do attack science that is taught as fact with the lack of evidence and only a vivid imagination is that evidence.

Others defer to me when it comes to judging credit worthiness (i'm a credit analyst).

But many biologists are believers and disagree with the establishment because they don't see the evidence that they were taught.

Common sense as you define it.

Do you defer to experts in particular fields in your life? The cable guy to install the cable? A doctor when you're sick? An auto mechanic when the car breaks down?

Same goes with biology and biologists, how is that not common sense as how anyone would define it?

Do you defer to experts in particular fields in your life? The cable guy to install the cable? A doctor when you're sick? An auto mechanic when the car breaks down?

Same goes with biology and biologists, how is that not common sense as how anyone would define it?
All I've been saying in this thread is that when you have to have your ideas mandated by law, they can't stand comparison to other ideas.

All I've been saying in this thread is that when you have to have your ideas mandated by law, they can't stand comparison to other ideas.

I agree, in a perfect world education isn't run by gov't.

But in a perfect education world, science is taught in science classes. There have to be scientific facts backing theories or hypothesis.

I agree, in a perfect world education isn't run by gov't.

But in a perfect education world, science is taught in science classes. There have to be scientific facts backing theories or hypothesis.
This is not a perfect world.

Forum List

Back