Richard Dawkins celebrates a victory over creationists

But certain views on cosmology and abiogenesis inevitably result from atheism.

If the universe wasn't created, nothing happened to nothing and then nothing magically exploded for no reason, creating everything.

Or do you have a third option?

Oh, oh, pick me!

This being just appeared out of nowhere and waved a magic wand..

You don't see any irony in you saying that "something came from nothing, how can that be"

As opposed to your poppycock that "This being (who also must have come from nothing, right - stay with me here, I'm using your logic) waved his magic wand and created the universe."

You do realise how silly this sounds, right?
How many people have you talked into renouncing their faith?

If you say any number higher than zero, you're lying. :lol:

I haven't. I don't preach..

But certain views on cosmology and abiogenesis inevitably result from atheism.

If the universe wasn't created, nothing happened to nothing and then nothing magically exploded for no reason, creating everything.

Or do you have a third option?

Oh, oh, pick me!

You don't see any irony in you saying that "something came from nothing, how can that be"

As opposed to your poppycock that "This being (who also must have come from nothing, right - stay with me here, I'm using your logic) waved his magic wand and created the universe."

You can't talk someone out of their faith, you can only give them the information and let them decide to understand for themselves.

Anyway back to the OP, which is that creationism will thankfully never be given equal billing with logic/rationality/science in schools by law. :clap2:

And, the fact that you need to force of a govt fist to dictate is very telling as well.

When the govt dictates anything, it isn't a victory for anybody.

True, gov't shouldn't even have a hand in education.

But since they do you gotta make the best of an awful situation, and make it so only science is taught in a science classroom.

And, the fact that you need to force of a govt fist to dictate is very telling as well.

Well, the fact is sometimes you need a referee and when you are assaulted by the volumn of religious mumbo-jumbo from all sides you really need to call a time out to all that clap-trap and allow science to give the facts, otherwise you get pig-ignorance of the worse (religious :razz: ) sort.

I mean just imagine having to give equal billing to all the fantastical air-headed religious nonsense that people believe: Elephant gods, monkey gods, magic glasses needed to see angels, praying to the Sun, praying to the Moon...its all a bit too silly isn't it? :cuckoo:

And finally I give you exhibit A:

The Jews have always had this interesting tendency to fill in the gaps in places where their scriptures don't quite make sense, by way of an explanation. This custom is known as midrash, and the Talmud is full of these kind of stories, but one of my favorites is the story of Lilith.

In Genesis, it is said that 'God created man in his image; male and female created he them'. The implication being that the sexes were created at the same time. However, of course, a little further on it says that God put Adam to sleep and made Eve out of his rib.

How do you reconcile the two stories? Modern scholars realize that there were actually two separate oral sources for Genesis, known in theological circles as E (the one using the name Elohim for God) and J (the one using Jah) - hence the two separate creations of humans. However, the rabbis put it differently.

God originally made humans from dust - male and female at the same time. The man was Adam, but the woman was his first wife, Lilith. When the time came for them to have sex, Adam wanted to go on top. Lilith refused, on the grounds that 'You were also made of dust; why should you be superior to me?' Adam was having none of this, and asked God to intervene. Lilith turned on them both and, by invoking the Holy Name, grew herself wings and flew off into the desert. God sent three angels after her - Senoi, Sensenoi and Samangaloph (sounds like a firm of divorce lawyers!) - but they couldn't persuade her to return.

So then God tried to make another woman for Adam, from scratch, bit by bit: bones, sinews, guts, muscle, then skin and hair...Trouble was, when he brought her to Adam as a living woman, Adam recoiled in disgust. Having seen her put together, seen her innards and everything, he found her a distinct turn-off. The stories don't relate what happened to her.

So, finally, God decided it was best for Adam not to watch the process, put him to sleep, took his rib and made Eve...

Lilith stayed in the desert and took demons as lovers, spawning more demons to torment the human race. Because she was jealous of Adam and Eve, she specialized in coming between married couples by sending men lascivious dreams, and in killing boy babies in their sleep. It was an old Kabbalistic custom to fasten upon the bedroom door of newlyweds a talisman bearing the words 'Adam and Eve may enter herein, but not Lilith the Queen'...just to avoid any trouble.

Oh dear :eusa_whistle:

Last edited:
Oh, oh, pick me!

I haven't. I don't preach..
Uh huh. :lol:

Oh, oh, pick me!

You can't talk someone out of their faith, you can only give them the information and let them decide to understand for themselves.
Of course, as in the OP, you don't really support giving them ALL the information, do you?

Of course, as in the OP, you don't really support giving them ALL the information, do you?

What the hell Daveman, are you bi-polar or something?

No, Dawkins and everyone else who is pro-science wants all information given.

You want non-information given in a science class.

His. Yours too.

Mine is the Moon god, you like the Moon?

You're a Muslim?

Anyway, I was talking about atheist butthurt and petulant foot-stamping.

Muslim? No, anyway dont they believe in a one true god like xtians? :eek:

Exhibit A: The Jews have always had this interesting tendency to fill in the gaps in places where their scriptures don't quite make sense, by way of an explanation. This custom is known as midrash, and the Talmud is full of these kind of stories, but one of my favorites is the story of Lilith.

In Genesis, it is said that 'God created man in his image; male and female created he them'. The implication being that the sexes were created at the same time. However, of course, a little further on it says that God put Adam to sleep and made Eve out of his rib.

How do you reconcile the two stories? Modern scholars realize that there were actually two separate oral sources for Genesis, known in theological circles as E (the one using the name Elohim for God) and J (the one using Jah) - hence the two separate creations of humans. However, the rabbis put it differently.

God originally made humans from dust - male and female at the same time. The man was Adam, but the woman was his first wife, Lilith. When the time came for them to have sex, Adam wanted to go on top. Lilith refused, on the grounds that 'You were also made of dust; why should you be superior to me?' Adam was having none of this, and asked God to intervene. Lilith turned on them both and, by invoking the Holy Name, grew herself wings and flew off into the desert. God sent three angels after her - Senoi, Sensenoi and Samangaloph (sounds like a firm of divorce lawyers!) - but they couldn't persuade her to return.

So then God tried to make another woman for Adam, from scratch, bit by bit: bones, sinews, guts, muscle, then skin and hair...Trouble was, when he brought her to Adam as a living woman, Adam recoiled in disgust. Having seen her put together, seen her innards and everything, he found her a distinct turn-off. The stories don't relate what happened to her.

So, finally, God decided it was best for Adam not to watch the process, put him to sleep, took his rib and made Eve...

Lilith stayed in the desert and took demons as lovers, spawning more demons to torment the human race. Because she was jealous of Adam and Eve, she specialized in coming between married couples by sending men lascivious dreams, and in killing boy babies in their sleep. It was an old Kabbalistic custom to fasten upon the bedroom door of newlyweds a talisman bearing the words 'Adam and Eve may enter herein, but not Lilith the Queen'...just to avoid any trouble. :cuckoo:

Last edited:

Your closed-mindedness does not mean the information is non-information.

Mine is the Moon god, you like the Moon?

You're a Muslim?

"Anyway, I was talking about atheist butthurt and petulant foot-stamping."
Exhibit A: The Jews have always had this interesting tendency to fill in the gaps in places where their scriptures don't quite make sense, by way of an explanation. This custom is known as midrash, and the Talmud is full of these kind of stories, but one of my favorites is the story of Lilith.

Lilith stayed in the desert and took demons as lovers, spawning more demons to torment the human race. Because she was jealous of Adam and Eve, she specialized in coming between married couples by sending men lascivious dreams, and in killing boy babies in their sleep. It was an old Kabbalistic custom to fasten upon the bedroom door of newlyweds a talisman bearing the words 'Adam and Eve may enter herein, but not Lilith the Queen'...just to avoid any trouble. :cuckoo:
:lol: It's funny when people use the word of God to "prove" He doesn't exist.

Your closed-mindedness does not mean the information is non-information.

I admit I am closed-minded in the sense I only want science taught in science classes.

You're a Muslim?

"Anyway, I was talking about atheist butthurt and petulant foot-stamping."

:lol: It's funny when people use the word of God to "prove" He doesn't exist.

It is, very funny...are you telling me you believe that nonsense? :cuckoo:

Forum List

Back