Richard Branson Recalls ‘Bizarre’ Lunch With Revenge-Obsessed Trump

Lakhota

Diamond Member
Jul 14, 2011
Native America
580a4714170000862aacd6e7.jpeg

The Virgin founder is the latest billionaire to trash the Republican nominee.

Richard Branson skewered Donald Trump on Friday, describing a “bizarre” meeting at some point in the past that left the British billionaire “disturbed and saddened.”

In a blog post on his website, the Virgin founder said the Republican nominee invited him over “some years ago” for a one-on-one lunch at his gilded Manhattan apartment. Soon after sitting down to the meal, Branson said, Trump launched into a vicious tirade, vowing vengeance on people who’d refused to lend him money during one of his six bankruptcies.

“Even before the starters arrived he began telling me about how he had asked a number of people for help after his latest bankruptcy and how five of them were unwilling to help,” Branson, 66, wrote. “He told me he was going to spend the rest of his life destroying these five people.”

Branson said Trump “didn’t speak about anything else.”

“I was baffled why he had invited me to lunch solely to tell me this,” Branson wrote. “For a moment, I even wondered if he was going to ask me for financial help. If he had, I would have become the sixth person on his list!”

Valued at about $5 billion, Branson is now one of several people in the so-called “three comma club” to criticize Trump.

Warren Buffett, the world’s third richest person with $64.5 billion, admonished Trump earlier this month for refusing to release his tax returns. Dallas Mavericks owner Mark Cuban, worth about $3.3 billion, has repeatedly antagonized Trump on Twitter and in the press. Former New York City Mayor Michael Bloomberg, whose wealth Forbes puts at about $43.6 billion, has called him “risky and reckless” and questioned the former reality TV star’s net worth.

Trump’s actual net worth is unclear. The real estate mogul claims to be worth $10 billion, but Forbes pegs his wealth at $3.7 billion. Bloomberg’s Billionaire Index valued him at $3 billion, and Tim O’Brien, a former Huffington Post editor and author of a book about Trump, claimed last year that the mogul could be worth as little as $150 million.

Even Charles and David Koch, the billionaire conservative megadonors, have refused to back Trump for president. Charles, worth $42.1 billion, compared Trump’s proposed policies on Muslims to those of a Nazi. David, valued at $17.5 billion, pulled his support for the Republican National Convention in July after it was clear Trump would be the party’s nominee.

More: Richard Branson Recalls ‘Bizarre’ Lunch With Revenge-Obsessed Trump

Trump is a petty little man. Very petty and very little. It's nice to hear someone of Branson's class exposing Trump. Oh, and Branson has nicer hair.

Richard Branson skewered Donald Trump on Friday, describing a “bizarre” meeting at some point in the past that left the British billionaire “disturbed and saddened.”

In a blog post on his website, the Virgin founder said the Republican nominee invited him over “some years ago” for a one-on-one lunch at his gilded Manhattan apartment. Soon after sitting down to the meal, Branson said, Trump launched into a vicious tirade, vowing vengeance on people who’d refused to lend him money during one of his six bankruptcies.

“Even before the starters arrived he began telling me about how he had asked a number of people for help after his latest bankruptcy and how five of them were unwilling to help,” Branson, 66, wrote. “He told me he was going to spend the rest of his life destroying these five people.”

“I was baffled why he had invited me to lunch solely to tell me this,” Branson wrote. “For a moment, I even wondered if he was going to ask me for financial help. If he had, I would have become the sixth person on his list!”

Valued at about $5 billion, Branson is now one of several people in the so-called “three comma club” to criticize Trump.

Warren Buffett, the world’s third richest person with $64.5 billion, admonished Trump earlier this month for refusing to release his tax returns. Dallas Mavericks owner Mark Cuban, worth about $3.3 billion, has repeatedly antagonized Trump on Twitter and in the press. Former New York City Mayor Michael Bloomberg, whose wealth Forbes puts at about $43.6 billion, has called him “risky and reckless” and questioned the former reality TV star’s net worth.

Trump’s actual net worth is unclear. The real estate mogul claims to be worth $10 billion, but Forbes pegs his wealth at $3.7 billion. Bloomberg’s Billionaire Index valued him at $3 billion, and Tim O’Brien, a former Huffington Post editor and author of a book about Trump, claimed last year that the mogul could be worth as little as $150 million.

Even Charles and David Koch, the billionaire conservative megadonors, have refused to back Trump for president. Charles, worth $42.1 billion, compared Trump’s proposed policies on Muslims to those of a Nazi. David, valued at $17.5 billion, pulled his support for the Republican National Convention in July after it was clear Trump would be the party’s nominee.

Trump is a petty little man. Very petty and very little. It's nice to hear someone of Branson's class exposing Trump. Oh, and Branson has nicer hair.
Career politicians are the pettiest of people

The poor buy thinks the Presidency will give him the dictatorial powers to destroy other people that he so dearly craves. Trump has mental problems. To invite Branson to lunch just to spend the whole time telling him how he is plotting revenge on people that won't loan him money is deplorable. That anyone can still look at Trump and think he has anything of humanity left in him is one of those epic mental gymnastics that only the dull-witted can participate in. Trump isn't fit to watch your children for ten minutes alone.

The poor buy thinks the Presidency will give him the dictatorial powers to destroy other people that he so dearly craves. Trump has mental problems. To invite Branson to lunch just to spend the whole time telling him how he is plotting revenge on people that won't loan him money is deplorable. That anyone can still look at Trump and think he has anything of humanity left in him is one of those epic mental gymnastics that only the dull-witted can participate in. Trump isn't fit to watch your children for ten minutes alone.

Amen! I have nothing to add. You said it all.

The interview with Richard Branson is also available on video. He says he's happy that the US is considering a businessman, but not this businessman.

Trump has always been petty and vindictive.

He did an hour long interview with Charlie Rose bragging about how much he enjoys revenge.

Forum List

Back