Rich pay 50% of country’s taxes.

RICH PAY 50% OF COUNTRY’S TAXES.

This is what is call “radical right wing spin.” Although the rich pay 50% of the county’s taxes they still only pay less than 2 % of the wealth and federal, state and local income or none at all.

“The wealthy on the only people that create jobs.” More radical right wing spin. SOME wealthy create jobs in this country and SOME create jobs in India, Mexico, etc. IF tax cuts for the rich create jobs, why is this country unemployment rate at 9.2% and 14 million people lost their jobs since the tax cuts?

This is the rhetoric that the radical right wing peach because this is what the dummies of America wants to hear but most Americans are not dummies and can do the math

Actually you are wrong.

According to the FACTS The top 5% of all income earners pay 50% of all income taxes.

The top 50% pay over 95% of all federal income tax.

National Taxpayers Union - Who Pays Income Taxes?
The Tax Foundation - Summary of Latest Federal Individual Income Tax Data <-----table 5
The Top 10 Percent of Income Earners Paid 71 Percent of Federal Income Tax <---conservative site but using IRS.GOV as the source for the chart.

You realize that you just stated this:--:cuckoo:

You know I am just going to let you keep beating yourself over the head with a club---:lol:

RICH PAY 50% OF COUNTRY&#8217;S TAXES.

This is what is call &#8220;radical right wing spin.&#8221; Although the rich pay 50% of the county&#8217;s taxes they still only pay less than 2 % of the wealth and federal, state and local income or none at all.

&#8220;The wealthy on the only people that create jobs.&#8221; More radical right wing spin. SOME wealthy create jobs in this country and SOME create jobs in India, Mexico, etc. IF tax cuts for the rich create jobs, why is this country unemployment rate at 9.2% and 14 million people lost their jobs since the tax cuts?

This is the rhetoric that the radical right wing peach because this is what the dummies of America wants to hear but most Americans are not dummies and can do the math

Actually you are wrong.

According to the FACTS The top 5% of all income earners pay 50% of all income taxes.

The Tax Foundation - Summary of Latest Federal Individual Income Tax Data <-----table 5
The Top 10 Percent of Income Earners Paid 71 Percent of Federal Income Tax <---conservative site but using IRS.GOV as the source for the chart.

You know I am just going to let you keep beating yourself over the head with a club---:lol:

How so? The top 50% of all income earners pay over 95% of all federal income taxes, that is fact.

You may have not comprehended what I typed. Re-read it, maybe look at the links.

Top 50%, ie people making $34,000/year and more......;)

Last edited:
Actually you are wrong.

How so? The top 50% of all income earners pay over 95% of all federal income taxes, that is fact.

You may have not comprehended what I typed. Re-read it, maybe look at the links.

And out of that top 50%--the top 10% of this group pay 67% of the tax base.

And I am still waiting for a reply from you about the 47% of the working class that pay no federal income tax- yet you claim they-contribute to the federal treasury in "other" ways?

In what ways do they do that?

If the rich were paying 90% of the tax bill...the left I don't think would be happy.

Of course not; the Left will never be happy, until those they hate and envy pay it ALL, and they and their chosen victim groups pay not one cent!

you need to adjust your statement there Underdog. It's not that they don't pay any taxes at all. They just don't pay Federal income taxes. All other taxes apply... Social Security, Medicare, State, local, gasoline, etc, etc, etc...

To sit there and say that a family who's income is $30k or below doesn't pay any taxes at all is... well... a lie.

Probably at least 5k of their income goes to taxes, prolly more.

It really depends on how you count it. For instance, right wing wackos are swift to point out that landlords pass property taxes down to their tenants - but they won't actually include the amount of those taxes when considering whether or not poor tenants pay net taxes.

you need to adjust your statement there Underdog. It's not that they don't pay any taxes at all. They just don't pay Federal income taxes. All other taxes apply... Social Security, Medicare, State, local, gasoline, etc, etc, etc...

To sit there and say that a family who's income is $30k or below doesn't pay any taxes at all is... well... a lie.

It really depends on how you count it. For instance, right wing wackos are swift to point out that landlords pass property taxes down to their tenants - but they won't actually include the amount of those taxes when considering whether or not poor tenants pay net taxes.

You guys are so out of touch with REALITY it is hysterical. If someone who is making 30K per year with 1 or two kids and a mortgage--how much do you think they would pay in federal income tax?---:lol: In fact this person would qualify for the earned income tax credit--would not pay any federal income tax what-so-ever and get a CHECK back from the Federal government--LOL

so while I am prolly looking at my 2011 employers tax chart A SINGLE person (with no deduction) making $30,000 per year- would pay-EXACTLY $3760.00 in federal income tax.

Last edited:

And I am still waiting for a reply from you about the 47% of the working class that pay no federal income tax- yet you claim they-contribute to the federal treasury in "other" ways?

Who are you talking to? I didn't claim that.

Since you asked. Social security tax, fica tax, medicare tax, and federal per gallon gasoline tax a a few (if they work and aren't mooching off the tax base).

You guys are so out of touch with REALITY it is hysterical. If someone who is making 30K per year with 1 or two kids and a mortgage--how much do you think they would pay in federal income tax?---:lol:

so while I am prolly looking at my 2011 employers tax chart A SINGLE person making $30,000 per year- would pay-EXACTLY $1000.00 in federal income tax.

Yes that is true. However, everyone is responsible for SS, Medicare, and fica/payroll taxes which all also go to the federal govt. The same person making 30,000k/year also most likely pays federal gasoline taxes to get to work.

You need to be SPECIFIC as to what you are referring to here. That is what is going on, your not being specific enough then calling people out on your own lack of specificity.

Since you asked. Social security tax, fica tax, medicare tax, and federal per gallon gasoline tax a a few (if they work and aren't mooching off the tax base).

I am not going to let you count social security/or medicare in the federal tax base--that goes into the social security trust fund--that EVERYONE pays into. And everyone also pays gasoline tax. Rich people drive too.--:cuckoo:

So IOW--the 47% of the American working class are really not paying into the federal INCOME tax base. right!

Last edited:
And some 4,000+ people who made over $1,000,000 paid no Federal taxes. So it is not just the poor people who pay no no Federal tax!

When it comes to taxes, do the rich pay their fair share?
The answer, of course, is subjective since "fair" is not an absolute concept and tax data, depending how it's sliced, can tell different stories.

Those who say the rich pay their fair share point to the fact that the top 1% of taxpayers end up paying almost as much in federal income tax (and some years even more) as the bottom 95% combined.
Still, it's unlikely that even the most anti-tax, pro-wealth advocates would find this particularly fair: A very small number of millionaires end up owing no federal income tax at all.
They're in good company, of course. Nearly half of all U.S. households, or 69 million, are estimated to have owed no federal income taxes for 2010. The vast majority of them, however, are low income.
But 18,000 were households taking in more than $500,000 -- and of those, 4,000 made more than $1 million.
Millionaires who owe no federal income tax - May. 9, 2011

And some 4,000+ people who made over $1,000,000 paid no Federal taxes. So it is not just the poor people who pay no no Federal tax!

When it comes to taxes, do the rich pay their fair share?
The answer, of course, is subjective since "fair" is not an absolute concept and tax data, depending how it's sliced, can tell different stories.

Those who say the rich pay their fair share point to the fact that the top 1% of taxpayers end up paying almost as much in federal income tax (and some years even more) as the bottom 95% combined.
Still, it's unlikely that even the most anti-tax, pro-wealth advocates would find this particularly fair: A very small number of millionaires end up owing no federal income tax at all.
They're in good company, of course. Nearly half of all U.S. households, or 69 million, are estimated to have owed no federal income taxes for 2010. The vast majority of them, however, are low income.
But 18,000 were households taking in more than $500,000 -- and of those, 4,000 made more than $1 million.
Millionaires who owe no federal income tax - May. 9, 2011

You are referring to INVESTMENT income where they are taxed at 15% versus EARNED INCOME which is taxed differently. Investment also includes every middle class wage earner that has a 401K investment for retirement--their kids college funds, etc. also. If Warren Buffet wants to pay his fair share--he should distribute his investment income back into a Pay-check for himself and pay EARNED income tax on it--versus only being taxed on Investment income.

Last edited:

I am not going to let you count social security/or medicare in the federal tax base--that goes into the social security trust fund--that EVERYONE pays into. And everyone also pays gasoline tax. Rich people drive too.--:cuckoo:

So IOW--the 47% of the American working class are really not paying into the federal INCOME tax base. right!

Well there it is, you don't consider those tax monies that the federal govt collects to be tax revenue coming into the federal govt.

There really is no further discussion to be had with you if you don't see taxes that the federal govt charges as taxes that people pay to the federal govt.

top 5% of all income earners pay 50% of all federal income taxes.

Is that supposed to be surprising?

I'd imagine the top 5% of all gasoline users pay a higher proportion of the gas tax

The top 5% of all property owners in my city probably get a bill from the city in their name for a higher proportion of property taxes in the city.

It should be pretty damn obvious that those who possess more of an object of taxation will pay more taxes....

So the only point I can see you making is that, wow, the bottom 95% sure aren't making enough money. If everyone in that group made more money - everyone would pay more taxes - thus, reducing the share that the 5% pays. And ideas on how we can make that happen?

Last edited:
Rich pay 50% of country&#8217;s taxes.

No, they don't.

top 5% of all income earners pay 50% of all federal income taxes. Is that better ed?

Is that supposed to be surprising?

I'd imagine the top 5% of all gasoline users pay a higher proportion of the gas tax

The top 5% of all property owners in my city probably get a bill from the city in their name for a higher proportion of property taxes in the city.

It should be pretty damn obvious that those who possess more of an object of taxation will pay more taxes....

So the only point I can see you making is that, wow, the bottom 95% sure aren't making enough money. If everyone in that group made more money - everyone would pay more taxes - thus, reducing the share that the 5% pays. And ideas on how we can make that happen?

If you would like to talk about raising everyones wages we can do that without you pulling my response out of its context to start the discussion.

no, they don't.

top 5% of all income earners pay 50% of all federal income taxes. Is that better ed?

is that supposed to be surprising?

the top 5% of all property owners in my city probably get a bill from the city in their name for a higher proportion of property taxes in the city.

So the only point i can see you making is that, wow, the bottom 95% sure aren't making enough money. If everyone in that group made more money - everyone would pay more taxes - thus, reducing the share that the 5% pays. And ideas on how we can make that happen?

if you would like to talk about raising everyones wages we can do that without you pulling my response out of its context to start the discussion.

bwaahh

RICH PAY 50% OF COUNTRY’S TAXES.

This is what is call “radical right wing spin.” Although the rich pay 50% of the county’s taxes they still only pay less than 2 % of the wealth and federal, state and local income or none at all.

“The wealthy on the only people that create jobs.” More radical right wing spin. SOME wealthy create jobs in this country and SOME create jobs in India, Mexico, etc. IF tax cuts for the rich create jobs, why is this country unemployment rate at 9.2% and 14 million people lost their jobs since the tax cuts?

The rich are able to buy politicians to change the law so things that used to be illegal now aren't.

Does anyone really believe it was only one or two guys that brought down Enron or Leyman Brothers? So many regulations were lifted from Wall Street, those Republicans had a huge "money party".

Forum List

Back