Rice: We didn't intend to mislead on Benghazi

People are more disturbed now about Rice's misleading statements than before!

She should have known her statements on the Sept. 11 attack were false.,,, but went ahead anyway to 5 different news programs and lied with a straight face... saying that it was a spontaneous demonstration triggered by a video.

There was plenty of evidence at the time it was NOT the video but a terrorist attack by Al Qaida!

Pathological liars like Rice are not supposed to become Secretary of State!

Rice: We didn't intend to mislead on Benghazi - POLITICO.com

"Neither I nor anyone else in the administration intended to mislead the American people at any stage in this process, and the administration updated Congress and the American people as our assessments evolved," Rice said.

Seems to me that a plain reading of what she is saying is that the DID mislead the country just like the right has been saying.

No, that's a twisted reading. The right said they intentionally misled the public and Rice was saying in a diplomatic way "it was all in their head".

DID NOT MEAN TO MISLEAD.......CAN NOT MEAN ANYTHING OTHER THEN THEY DID. It is just a matter of whom set them up.

They did not intend to mislead. Let me give you an example of intending to mislead. When John Mitchell, head of the Nixon reelection campaign, denied any link to the Watergate burglars. Now no one can argue that that was an unintentional mislead!

They did not intend to mislead. Let me give you an example of intending to mislead. When John Mitchell, head of the Nixon reelection campaign, denied any link to the Watergate burglars. Now no one can argue that that was an unintentional mislead!

Or like when Susan Rice denied that the Benghazi attack was the work of Al Qaeda. Now no one can argue that that was an unintentional mislead!

sore losers are obvious

Hmm, having known you on mb pretty long, are you saying that no dots should be connected? That all opposition should cease. Cave on all?

Rice saying that 'best info at time' fails. The current timeline shows Petraeus saying al Queda, WH changing one word. Then going to Clapper.

Rice would have been in the loop before Clapper, which on the face of it, doesn't smell right.

But, if we are going with what appear to be the 'losers' shut up?

i didn't say shut up, i said you're obvious

if y'all want to be wingnuts, it's no big thing to me.

in fact, i'll buy more shares in alcoa

enjoy

i'm going to wait for the results of the investigation

crazy, innit?

Thanks for the reply.

"Neither I nor anyone else in the administration intended to mislead the American people at any stage in this process, and the administration updated Congress and the American people as our assessments evolved," Rice said.

Seems to me that a plain reading of what she is saying is that the DID mislead the country just like the right has been saying.

if they did not intend to mislead the American people..and they truly wanted to wait for "all of the information"...then why did she say it was "in fact" something...wiothout having all of the information?

No it is much better what they did. They incited riots over a video that no one watched. Obama went in front of the world and mislead the world it is exactly what Rice said.

No one watched the video? My understanding is that there were demonstrations and riots all over the ME.

And of course, Rice didn't intend to mislead anyone because in order to do so, she would have had to know that something other than what she was saying was definitively true.

Saying "we didn't intend to mislead the American public" basically admits that they mislead the American public. If they didn't intend to mislead the American public then how did the American public end up mislead?

The only other explanation in this instance is incompetence, either on the administration's part in explaining it or the American public's part in receiving it.

I think that the part you maybe missing is that the public was not mislead. We knew she was telling stories. That is why they now have to backtrack and make up stories to cover for themselves. What is laughable is the only logical excuse they can have, other then outright lying, is being totally incompetent. Either way the facts point to one or the other no matter what the liberals would like us to believe. This is the INTERNET age hard to hide what they said and when.

On September 13, State Department spokeswoman Victoria Nuland, said authorities "are very cautious about drawing any conclusions with regard to who the perpetrators were, what their motivations were, (and) whether it was premeditated" until they had completed an investigation.

MS. RICE: So we’ll want to see the results of that [FBI] investigation to draw any definitive conclusions. But based on the best information we have to date, what our assessment is as of the present is in fact what began spontaneously in Benghazi as a reaction to what had transpired some hours earlier in Cairo where, of course, as you know, there was a violent protest outside of our embassy– –sparked by this hateful video. But soon after that spontaneous protest began outside of our consulate in Benghazi, we believe that it looks like extremist elements, individuals, joined in that– in that effort with heavy weapons of the sort that are, unfortunately, readily now available in Libya post-revolution. And that it spun from there into something much, much more violent.

The information, the best information and the best assessment we have today...

But we don’t see at this point signs this was a coordinated plan, premeditated attack. Obviously, we will wait for the results of the investigation and we don’t want to jump to conclusions before then. But I do think it’s important for the American people to know our best current assessment

LINK

September 12 -- President Barack Obama:

"The United States condemns in the strongest terms this outrageous and shocking attack. ... No acts of terror will ever shake the resolve of this great nation."

September 12 -- Secretary of State Hillary Clinton:

"We are working to determine the precise motivations and methods of those who carried out this assault. Some have sought to justify this vicious behavior, along with the protest that took place at our embassy in Cairo yesterday, as a response to inflammatory material posted on the Internet. America's commitment to religious tolerance goes back to the very beginning of our nation. But let me be clear -- there is no justification for this, none."

September 13 -- State Department spokeswoman Victoria Nuland:

"Well, as we said yesterday when we were on background, we are very cautious about drawing any conclusions with regard to who the perpetrators were, what their motivations were, whether it was premeditated, whether they had any external contacts, whether there was any link, until we have a chance to investigate along with the Libyans. So I know that's going to be frustrating for you, but we really want to make sure that we do this right and we don't jump to conclusions. That said, obviously, there are plenty of people around the region citing this disgusting video as something that has been motivating."

LINK

What republicans actually hear: "Blah, blah, blah, blah, blah,...." What they repeat! These are lies, these are obstruction, these are coverups, these are communications from hell..." :badgrin:

farside.jpg

Last edited:

no wonder BO wants her as Sec of State.......she can lie like a rug.....just like him......

is that the new requirement for the job....?

This administration had to know early on that this was a terrorist attack.
5 days later she goes on all the Sunday shows and is adamant it was this video....

C'mon we are not buying into this BS any more...

On September 13, State Department spokeswoman Victoria Nuland, said authorities "are very cautious about drawing any conclusions with regard to who the perpetrators were, what their motivations were, (and) whether it was premeditated" until they had completed an investigation.

MS. RICE: So we’ll want to see the results of that [FBI] investigation to draw any definitive conclusions. But based on the best information we have to date, what our assessment is as of the present is in fact what began spontaneously in Benghazi as a reaction to what had transpired some hours earlier in Cairo where, of course, as you know, there was a violent protest outside of our embassy– –sparked by this hateful video. But soon after that spontaneous protest began outside of our consulate in Benghazi, we believe that it looks like extremist elements, individuals, joined in that– in that effort with heavy weapons of the sort that are, unfortunately, readily now available in Libya post-revolution. And that it spun from there into something much, much more violent.

But we don’t see at this point signs this was a coordinated plan, premeditated attack. Obviously, we will wait for the results of the investigation and we don’t want to jump to conclusions before then. But I do think it’s important for the American people to know our best current assessment

LINK

"The United States condemns in the strongest terms this outrageous and shocking attack. ... No acts of terror will ever shake the resolve of this great nation."

"We are working to determine the precise motivations and methods of those who carried out this assault. Some have sought to justify this vicious behavior, along with the protest that took place at our embassy in Cairo yesterday, as a response to inflammatory material posted on the Internet. America's commitment to religious tolerance goes back to the very beginning of our nation. But let me be clear -- there is no justification for this, none."

"Well, as we said yesterday when we were on background, we are very cautious about drawing any conclusions with regard to who the perpetrators were, what their motivations were, whether it was premeditated, whether they had any external contacts, whether there was any link, until we have a chance to investigate along with the Libyans. So I know that's going to be frustrating for you, but we really want to make sure that we do this right and we don't jump to conclusions. That said, obviously, there are plenty of people around the region citing this disgusting video as something that has been motivating."

LINK

What republicans actually hear: "Blah, blah, blah, blah, blah,...." What they repeat! These are lies, these are obstruction, these are coverups, these are communications from hell..." :badgrin:

farside.jpg

Apparently what you hear is blah blah blah. What in those statements make you think they exhonerate Rice and Obama? They were not caution in fixing blame they blamed the video right out of the gate. Thanks for the support.

Hmm, having known you on mb pretty long, are you saying that no dots should be connected? That all opposition should cease. Cave on all?

Rice saying that 'best info at time' fails. The current timeline shows Petraeus saying al Queda, WH changing one word. Then going to Clapper.

Rice would have been in the loop before Clapper, which on the face of it, doesn't smell right.

But, if we are going with what appear to be the 'losers' shut up?

i didn't say shut up, i said you're obvious

if y'all want to be wingnuts, it's no big thing to me.

in fact, i'll buy more shares in alcoa

enjoy

i'm going to wait for the results of the investigation

crazy, innit?

Thanks for the reply.

you're welcome

LINK

LINK

farside.jpg

Apparently what you hear is blah blah blah. What in those statements make you think they exhonerate Rice and Obama? They were not caution in fixing blame they blamed the video right out of the gate. Thanks for the support.

They MENTIONED the video as a POSSIBLE catalyst. However, if you will read the quotes you will see they said they weren't making a definitive assessment until the investigation is complete...etc....

What YOU and other republican syncopants hear is "blah, blah, blah, blah..."

Last edited:
This administration had to know early on that this was a terrorist attack.
5 days later she goes on all the Sunday shows and is adamant it was this video....

C'mon we are not buying into this BS any more...

One Rice was not 'adamant' about the video being the cause and two she was acting on the recommendation of the intelligence community.

Forum List

Back