Rice: We didn't intend to mislead on Benghazi

On September 13, State Department spokeswoman Victoria Nuland, said authorities "are very cautious about drawing any conclusions with regard to who the perpetrators were, what their motivations were, (and) whether it was premeditated" until they had completed an investigation.

MS. RICE: So we’ll want to see the results of that [FBI] investigation to draw any definitive conclusions. But based on the best information we have to date, what our assessment is as of the present is in fact what began spontaneously in Benghazi as a reaction to what had transpired some hours earlier in Cairo where, of course, as you know, there was a violent protest outside of our embassy– –sparked by this hateful video. But soon after that spontaneous protest began outside of our consulate in Benghazi, we believe that it looks like extremist elements, individuals, joined in that– in that effort with heavy weapons of the sort that are, unfortunately, readily now available in Libya post-revolution. And that it spun from there into something much, much more violent.

The information, the best information and the best assessment we have today...

But we don’t see at this point signs this was a coordinated plan, premeditated attack. Obviously, we will wait for the results of the investigation and we don’t want to jump to conclusions before then. But I do think it’s important for the American people to know our best current assessment
LINK

September 12 -- President Barack Obama:

"The United States condemns in the strongest terms this outrageous and shocking attack. ... No acts of terror will ever shake the resolve of this great nation."

September 12 -- Secretary of State Hillary Clinton:

"We are working to determine the precise motivations and methods of those who carried out this assault. Some have sought to justify this vicious behavior, along with the protest that took place at our embassy in Cairo yesterday, as a response to inflammatory material posted on the Internet. America's commitment to religious tolerance goes back to the very beginning of our nation. But let me be clear -- there is no justification for this, none."

September 13 -- State Department spokeswoman Victoria Nuland:

"Well, as we said yesterday when we were on background, we are very cautious about drawing any conclusions with regard to who the perpetrators were, what their motivations were, whether it was premeditated, whether they had any external contacts, whether there was any link, until we have a chance to investigate along with the Libyans. So I know that's going to be frustrating for you, but we really want to make sure that we do this right and we don't jump to conclusions. That said, obviously, there are plenty of people around the region citing this disgusting video as something that has been motivating."
LINK

What republicans actually hear: "Blah, blah, blah, blah, blah,...." What they repeat! These are lies, these are obstruction, these are coverups, these are communications from hell..." :badgrin:

farside.jpg
Tissue? Ludens' cough drops for your blistered throat, sore from yelling at your dog?

Rice: We didn't intend to mislead on Benghazi - POLITICO.com

"Neither I nor anyone else in the administration intended to mislead the American people at any stage in this process, and the administration updated Congress and the American people as our assessments evolved," Rice said.

Since she was "given her talking points by the intelligence community," how does she know that THEY did not "intend to mislead the American people?" Sounds like utter B.S.

No, that's a twisted reading. The right said they intentionally misled the public and Rice was saying in a diplomatic way "it was all in their head".

DID NOT MEAN TO MISLEAD.......CAN NOT MEAN ANYTHING OTHER THEN THEY DID. It is just a matter of whom set them up.

They did not intend to mislead. Let me give you an example of intending to mislead. When John Mitchell, head of the Nixon reelection campaign, denied any link to the Watergate burglars. Now no one can argue that that was an unintentional mislead!

And yet the effects both are the same.

Al Sharpton just passed along something he heard from the democrats.
A message to the GOP...
"Are Republicans sure they want to pick a fight with a qualified African American women"

I guess we have been warned.

Interesting that the message wasn't "qualified person" or "qualified woman" but "qualified African
American woman"....

This administration had to know early on that this was a terrorist attack.
5 days later she goes on all the Sunday shows and is adamant it was this video....

C'mon we are not buying into this BS any more...

One Rice was not 'adamant' about the video being the cause and two she was acting on the recommendation of the intelligence community.

freakin' poor candidate for a Sec of State......she can't tell the truth from a "recommendation"....especially when everybody else already knew the truth....

On September 13, State Department spokeswoman Victoria Nuland, said authorities "are very cautious about drawing any conclusions with regard to who the perpetrators were, what their motivations were, (and) whether it was premeditated" until they had completed an investigation.

LINK

LINK

What republicans actually hear: "Blah, blah, blah, blah, blah,...." What they repeat! These are lies, these are obstruction, these are coverups, these are communications from hell..." :badgrin:

farside.jpg

Apparently what you hear is blah blah blah. What in those statements make you think they exhonerate Rice and Obama? They were not caution in fixing blame they blamed the video right out of the gate. Thanks for the support.

The MENTIONED the video as a POSSIBLE catalyst. However, if you will read the quotes you will see they said they weren't making a definitive assessment until the investigation is complete...etc....

What YOU and other republican syncopants hear is "blah, blah, blah, blah..."

Considering as Monday quarterbackers, the tape of the guy rotting in jail on bogus parole violation had zero to do with anything, where is the explanation of how that story got out there? It was pushed and you know it.

"Neither I nor anyone else in the administration intended to mislead the American people at any stage in this process, and the administration updated Congress and the American people as our assessments evolved," Rice said.

Seems to me that a plain reading of what she is saying is that the DID mislead the country just like the right has been saying.

no wonder BO wants her as Sec of State.......she can lie like a rug.....just like him......

is that the new requirement for the job....?

All things aside,why would Obama pick someone that will bring so much trouble with her,if he wants bipartisanship,show some good fath and pick someone else there are more choices,same with Kerry,give him anything but Defense,way to much controversy.

Things must work both ways,he has to know these will bring contention.

The republicans have an issue with a person...that's how we look at people.
Democrats look at sex of a person and race of a person when making judgments...

Seems to me that a plain reading of what she is saying is that the DID mislead the country just like the right has been saying.

no wonder BO wants her as Sec of State.......she can lie like a rug.....just like him......

All things aside,why would Obama pick someone that will bring so much trouble with her,if he wants bipartisanship,show some good fath and pick someone else there are more choices,same with Kerry,give him anything but Defense,way to much controversy.

don't you get it......? he WANTS contention and controversy.....

it's all part of the coverup....

This administration had to know early on that this was a terrorist attack.
5 days later she goes on all the Sunday shows and is adamant it was this video....

C'mon we are not buying into this BS any more...

One Rice was not 'adamant' about the video being the cause and two she was acting on the recommendation of the intelligence community.

freakin' poor candidate for a Sec of State......she can't tell the truth from a "recommendation"....especially when everybody else already knew the truth....

The ones who probably knew more truth than anyone else was the intelligence community and they said, 'read the talking points.'

The ones who probably knew more truth than anyone else was the intelligence community and they said, 'read the talking points.'

so now it's the intelligence community calling the shots.....? yeah....right

A message to the GOP...
"Are Republicans sure they want to pick a fight with a qualified African American women"

Interesting that the message wasn't "qualified person" or "qualified woman" but "qualified African
American woman"....

I heard that. How interesting.

I like her, she has a spine and I hope she gets the Secretary of State position.

A message to the GOP...

American woman"....

al sharpton? :lmao:

who gives a flying fuck what he says.

besides you, of course

Apparently what you hear is blah blah blah. What in those statements make you think they exhonerate Rice and Obama? They were not caution in fixing blame they blamed the video right out of the gate. Thanks for the support.

The MENTIONED the video as a POSSIBLE catalyst. However, if you will read the quotes you will see they said they weren't making a definitive assessment until the investigation is complete...etc....

What YOU and other republican syncopants hear is "blah, blah, blah, blah..."

Considering as Monday quarterbackers, the tape of the guy rotting in jail on bogus parole violation had zero to do with anything, where is the explanation of how that story got out there? It was pushed and you know it.

every time you lie, the baby jesus kills a kitten

don't you get it......? he WANTS contention and controversy.....

it's all part of the coverup....

Or the standard obstructionism.His actions lead me to believe he has never really intended on reaching very far across the political fence.

A message to the GOP...

American woman"....

al sharpton? :lmao:

who gives a flying fuck what he says.

besides you, of course

Hey! Quit picking on the Brother. :D

No, that's a twisted reading. The right said they intentionally misled the public and Rice was saying in a diplomatic way "it was all in their head".

DID NOT MEAN TO MISLEAD.......CAN NOT MEAN ANYTHING OTHER THEN THEY DID. It is just a matter of whom set them up.

Only in rightwingnuthackworld

Forum List

Back