Rhode Island on track to be 10th state to allow gay marriage

Political Junky

Gold Member
May 27, 2009
Rhode Island on track to be 10th state to allow gay marriage

PROVIDENCE, R.I. (AP) — Rhode Island senators put the state on the path Wednesday to becoming the 10th state to allow same-sex couples to marry.

The gay marriage legislation easily passed the Rhode Island House in January, and the Senate vote was seen as the true test. The bill passed 26-12, and now returns to the House for a largely procedural vote, likely next week, before going to Gov. Lincoln Chafee, who supports the legislation.
<more>

Rhode Island makes 10 and CA will make 11 come June. I think we could have a solid dozen before the year is out.

New Jersey has already passed it

Just waiting for Christie to reconsider his veto

Rhode Island makes 10 and CA will make 11 come June. I think we could have a solid dozen before the year is out.

The Delaware House just passed a marriage equality bill that's heading to the Senate. Dang, we might get a baker's dozen before 2014! Yeah baby!

The Delaware House just passed a marriage equality bill that's heading to the Senate. Dang, we might get a baker's dozen before 2014! Yeah baby!

Chris Christie will have to consider his political future.

By the 2016 election there should be significant nationwide support for gay marriage. It will be looked at as no big deal. Christie being the sole reason for blocking gay marriage in NJ will be a political liability

Chris Christie will have to consider his political future.

By the 2016 election there should be significant nationwide support for gay marriage. It will be looked at as no big deal. Christie being the sole reason for blocking gay marriage in NJ will be a political liability

It might. That really depends on the popularity of the law there as the law is ahead of people in this particular subject (as it generally is in areas of bigotry). ATM, gay marriage rarely passes a vote by the people. I don&#8217;t know what the makeup of NJ is so I don&#8217;t know if it actually will be a liability there or not.

Forum List

Back