RFK denied Secret Service protection by Biden

View attachment 809993

Notice the word "and" in paragraph 7 which pertains to Presidential candidates.

So are we within 120 days of a General Election?

Logic Note: The word "and" means that both (or all) conditions must be met prior to producing a specific outcome. For example for "C" to be true both "A" and "B" must be true. If "A" is true and "B" is false, then "C" is not true.

[EDIT: I'm going to leave this up as a mark of shame. But it was pointed out that there are a comma's after the "and" which makes the 120 time applicable to spouses. Which I feel is the correct application of the text.]

WW

But plea deals can be reached, contradicting punishment for breaking the law.

Seems reasonable for a Kennedy running for POTUS and getting 20 points to get protection.

Sure, the letter of the law says no. But since when does the Biden DOJ follow the law? The protesters in front of Kavanaugh’s home are supposed to be arrested.

According to the rules presidential and vice presidential candidates get secret service protection withint 120 ahead of the election.

Title 18 U.S.C.' 3056(a)(7) states that the U.S. Secret Service is also authorized to protect spouses of major Presidential and Vice Presidential candidates, as identified by the DHS Secretary, within 120 days of the general Presidential election. Some candidates have received protection earlier in the campaign pursuant to Presidential memoranda.

RFK saw his father Bobby Kennedy assassinated in 1968 as he ran for President, because running for President is a dangerous proposition. Simply put, lots of people want you dead when you run and the world if full of nut jobs.

However, the Biden administration has denied his request for Secret Service protection.

"Typical turnaround time for pro forma protection requests from presidential candidates is 14-days. After 88-days of no response and after several follow-ups by our campaign, the Biden Administration just denied our request. Secretary Mayorkas: 'I have determined that Secret Service protection for Robert F Kennedy Jr is not warranted at this time.' Our campaign's request included a 67-page report from the world's leading protection firm, detailing unique and well-established security and safety risks aside from commonplace death threats," Kennedy wrote.

"I've been a harsh and vocal critic of Mayorkas as the architect of the humanitarian cataclysm at the southern border. These guys play hardball," Kennedy said in another tweet.

Really, RFK is the only serious challenger to Biden as the entire democrat party seems to be in love with Joe Biden and his legacy and would just assume see RFK dead. like his father.
There are numerous prior threads on this.

And it's false - he doesn't get protection yet.

Please do a search before posting a topic that's been talked to death.

According to the rules presidential and vice presidential candidates get secret service protection withint 120 ahead of the election.

Title 18 U.S.C.' 3056(a)(7) states that the U.S. Secret Service is also authorized to protect spouses of major Presidential and Vice Presidential candidates, as identified by the DHS Secretary, within 120 days of the general Presidential election. Some candidates have received protection earlier in the campaign pursuant to Presidential memoranda.
Are you even reading your own links.

Nothing says the candidate only gets protection 120 days from the election. That statement applies to the families of the candidate. The criteria laid out for the candidate themselves does not seem to have a time period on it, just polling requirements and approval from the secretary. you are the second person to make this fallacious claim and I have already pointed it out.

Forum List

Back