revolution in Egypt...which side are we on?

I'm on the side of "Fuck 'em". Our troops have done above and beyond what is reasonable for that region of the world, and to what thanks? Hell, even the left wing of our own nation doesn't thank them.

Our men and women in uniform deserve better. Fuck the Middle East. Fuck Europe. Fuck Africa. Fuck Asia. It's time we look out for our own.

We can not EVER go back to burying our head in the sand and pretending we can do anything without the rest of the world. You people. left and right are so fucking ignorant it boggles the mind.
I Wonder which part of "mind your own business" Americans dont understand?

Don't look for any leadership in the Obama administration. Hillary was all over the map in her brief address and so far the president seems to be in hiding until the situation resolves itself and he can take sides (presumably with the radical muslems). The Egypt crisis will no doubt impact American oil prices. A barrel of crude went up $4.00 in a couple of hours. American lefties might support a radical anti-Israel coalition.

why do we have to be on either side?

Ohh oil.

I'm on the side of "Fuck 'em". Our troops have done above and beyond what is reasonable for that region of the world, and to what thanks? Hell, even the left wing of our own nation doesn't thank them.

Our men and women in uniform deserve better. Fuck the Middle East. Fuck Europe. Fuck Africa. Fuck Asia. It's time we look out for our own.

We can not EVER go back to burying our head in the sand and pretending we can do anything without the rest of the world. You people. left and right are so fucking ignorant it boggles the mind.

You are of course correct , we need to keep spending money we do not have trying to run the world to our standards.

Lets not take any side. I really do think most are making a big mistake in believing this upheaval is all about Freedom & Democracy. These things sometimes start out that way in the Muslim World but in the end the hard-line Islamists usually end up ruling. Look for the hard-liners to gain most from this Egyptian uprising.

And when the International Media hype goes away,Mubarak will likely still be left standing in Egypt. He learned from what happened in Iran. Just wait em out and win by way of attrition. Eventually these protesters will grow tired & hungry and want to return home. And that's when his Army & Secret Police will pounce. This thing is not over by a long shot. The Media was definitely premature in their predictions of immediate demise for Mubarak. It's much more likely the International Media will be leaving Egypt behind long before Mubarak does. Pretty soon it will be on to the next story for them. But Mubarak will probably still be there. I guess we'll see though.

Forum List

Back