revolution in Egypt...which side are we on?

Don't look for any leadership in the Obama administration. Hillary was all over the map in her brief address and so far the president seems to be in hiding until the situation resolves itself and he can take sides (presumably with the radical muslems). The Egypt crisis will no doubt impact American oil prices. A barrel of crude went up $4.00 in a couple of hours. American lefties might support a radical anti-Israel coalition.

So? This is not our fight.

I just love stupid people.
Obviously......

bush_littlebigman.jpg

but we are spending our great-grandkids money buying oil from the mid-east. Think lefties....there is no substitute for oil. Oil equals power in the world market and the fool in the white house tells us that the stuff is evil. We need to be independent of foreign oil while we look for alternate sources of energy.

Oil companies buy the oil, some from the ME. Not the government. It does not contribute to the debt. We have spent way too much in aid and on war to maintain the status quo, but everyone who buy gas is paying for it today.

We should switch over to natural gas for our transportation needs. But that would cut into the oil patch profits (to modify the existing distribution system).

The Oil Patch has the money and the power.

"Total crude oil imports averaged 8,608 thousand barrels per day in November, which is an increase of 118 thousand barrels per day from October 2010.

Canada remained the largest exporter of total petroleum in November, exporting 2,510 thousand barrels per day to the United States"

Here is a good link for anyone interesting in how our oil imports breakdown.

Crude Oil and Total Petroleum Imports Top 15 Countries

Don't look for any leadership in the Obama administration. Hillary was all over the map in her brief address and so far the president seems to be in hiding until the situation resolves itself and he can take sides (presumably with the radical muslems). The Egypt crisis will no doubt impact American oil prices. A barrel of crude went up $4.00 in a couple of hours. American lefties might support a radical anti-Israel coalition.

As an "American lefty" .. fuck Israel. This ain't about Israel.

If Isreal wants to wage holy war with the world, that's their problem.

This is about the end of western colonialism in the arab world.

You side with Mubarik. He may be an SOB, but he keeps the radicals and terrorists clamped down, just like Saddam and the Shah did. This neocon idea of people from other cultures wanting to imitate western democracy is a fool's dream. In each instance where the dictator/ruler has been deposed, look at what has happened.......teh anit-American radical islamist have taken over. You side with Mubarik.

Yea i see a lot of people celebrating this upheaval in Egypt but i would caution people on these early celebrations. Much darker forces could be waiting in the wings to take power in Egypt. We saw this in Iran. The Shah was not an ideal leader but the deranged Islamic Clerics who replaced him were much much worse. They ushered in a dark age of Radical Islamic Terrorism all over the World. So was the Shah really so bad after all? We just don't know who's waiting to take power in Egypt. So I would hold off on those celebrations. I would say the same about Lebanon too.

Hamas has already taken over Lebanon. They kicked out the elected Govt and now they run the show. No friend to the US.

If Mubarak is deposed chances are pretty good it will be an Islamic Fundamentalist Govt that takes over. Who knows. Mayby Hamas.

Isreal can kiss its treaty with Egypt goodbye. I think it will lead to an even bigger mess than whats there now.

Will just have to wait and see what happens.

What was Nostrodamas's prophecy?? The next world war will be in the middle east??

Last edited:
You side with Mubarik. He may be an SOB, but he keeps the radicals and terrorists clamped down, just like Saddam and the Shah did. This neocon idea of people from other cultures wanting to imitate western democracy is a fool's dream. In each instance where the dictator/ruler has been deposed, look at what has happened.......teh anit-American radical islamist have taken over. You side with Mubarik.

EXACTLY why America is so hated there.

We overthrow Iran's democratically-elected leader and install a monster like the Shah because he's our bitch .. we create and install Saddam because he's our bitch .. Mubarak is our bitch ... and we call that shit "freedom"

Blowback has arrived

• Thanks
Reactions: Jos

Yea i see a lot of people celebrating this upheaval in Egypt but i would caution people on these early celebrations. Much darker forces could be waiting in the wings to take power in Egypt. We saw this in Iran. The Shah was not an ideal leader but the deranged Islamic Clerics who replaced him were much much worse. They ushered in a dark age of Radical Islamic Terrorism all over the World. So was the Shah really so bad after all? We just don't know who's waiting to take power in Egypt. So I would hold off on those celebrations. I would say the same about Lebanon too.

Hamas has already taken over Lebanon. They kicked out the elected Govt and now they run the show. No friend to the US.

If Mubarak is deposed chances are pretty good it will be an Islamic Fundamentalist Govt that takes over. Who knows. Mayby Hamas.

Isreal can kiss its treaty with Egypt goodbye. I think it will lead to an even bigger mess than whats there now.

What was Nostrodamas's prophecy?? The next big war will be in the middle east??

hamas has the gaza strip.

hezbollah is the group you meant.

try to digest and understand what you obviously get fed.

I'm on the side of not giving them hard-earned American Tax Dollars anymore. The Middle East is a real mess. Lets get the Hell out of there. Is aggressive Foreign Interventionism really working for us?

It's not our fight and we give them too much of our hard earned dollars. True enough but you have to expand your thoughts. Thanks to policies mostly instituted by democrats America has to take sides and has to keep sending our hard earned money to the mid-east.
Yeah.....that's what's happened......

Wankin.gif

"In the Iran initiative, President Reagan chose to proceed in the utmost secrecy, disregarding the Administration's public policy prohibiting arms sales to nations supporting terrorism. He also chose to forgo congressional notification under the National Security Act and the Arms Export Control Act. Having bypassed accountability to Congress, the President failed either to establish an effective system of accountability within the Administration or to monitor the series of activities he authorized. Working in a climate of extreme secrecy and operating without accountability, National Security Adviser John M. Poindexter, Lt. Col. Oliver L. North of the National Security Council staff and others associated with the initiative invited criminal acts including profiteering on the Iranian arms sales, the diversion of some of those proceeds to aid the contras, destroying documents, and lying to Congress to cover up their criminal activities."

HERE

How old ARE you??????

323.png

318.gif

Although I can't wait for the obama to go away, this is a pretty fucked up situation, and I don't envy him.

Watch though, the media will finally notice fuel prices are up and here's the reason.

Oil prices are already skyrocketing. This turmoil will only make things worse. Have you been paying attention to your local gas prices lately? They continue to rise rapidly. Where is all the MSM outrage over this? The answers is simple...DA BOOOOOOOSH isn't in there anymore. The MSM in our country is incredibly corrupt. It's all just a Hopey Changey fantasy for them at this point. Gas prices will continue to rise but don't count on our corrupt MSM to feign outrage this time around. It is what it is unfortunately.
Gee.....that's some great re-heated rhetoric ya' got, there.

Very inspiring....

:eusa_whistle:

What was Nostrodamas's prophecy?? The next world war will be in the middle east??

Hezbollan runs Lebanon, not Hamas.

• Thanks

We overthrow Iran's democratically-elected leader and install a monster like the Shah because he's our bitch .. we create and install Saddam because he's our bitch .. Mubarak is our bitch ... and we call that shit "freedom"

Blowback has arrived

America would be hated there regardless because it is what their clerics teach. So it comes down to the lesser of two evils. Do you support a dictator who will keep things in check or do you support "democracy" knowing that the dictator you can deal with will be replaced by a radical islamist government who will foment terrorism against you. I know which evil I would choose.

Is the Egyptian crisis yet another in a long list of failures by the CIA and other so-called intelligence networks thas soak up American taxpayer dollars? It seems like we are always reacting to surprises like this even though we should have noticed something when Tunesia was in termoil.

Although I can't wait for the obama to go away, this is a pretty fucked up situation, and I don't envy him.

Watch though, the media will finally notice fuel prices are up and here's the reason.

Oil prices are already skyrocketing. This turmoil will only make things worse. Have you been paying attention to your local gas prices lately? They continue to rise rapidly. Where is all the MSM outrage over this? The answers is simple...DA BOOOOOOOSH isn't in there anymore. The MSM in our country is incredibly corrupt. It's all just a Hopey Changey fantasy for them at this point. Gas prices will continue to rise but don't count on our corrupt MSM to feign outrage this time around. It is what it is unfortunately.

Reread what I said dude, I think you missed what I was saying. I'm well aware of fuel prices and the fact the obama is getting a pass on it.

I'm glad nothing like this could ever happen in America.

• Thanks
Obama thinks the Egyptian government should listen to the will of the people in , irony and hypocrisy at its fucking finest........

Last edited:

Blowback has arrived
....All, some o' many advantages o'.....

ALLOWING THE MARKETPLACE TO REGULATE ITSELF!!

uenfea_bloodandoil_heada.gif

"The Middle East, the home of ancient civilizations and holy lands — and war. The crises of the Middle East seem to defy understanding or solution.

The history of the region does suggest answers, however. In the Middle East, politics and the incessant drumbeat of war, ultimately have everything to do with a substance more valuable than gold: Oil.

HERE

• Thanks
Obama thinks the Egyptian government should listen to the will of the people......

Gee.....whatta revolutionary-concept.

That almost sounds like democracy.....but, seeing-as-how Obama suggests it, it must be Marxist-ideology, right??

:rolleyes:

I'm on the side of "Fuck 'em". Our troops have done above and beyond what is reasonable for that region of the world, and to what thanks? Hell, even the left wing of our own nation doesn't thank them.

Our men and women in uniform deserve better. Fuck the Middle East. Fuck Europe. Fuck Africa. Fuck Asia. It's time we look out for our own.

We can not EVER go back to burying our head in the sand and pretending we can do anything without the rest of the world. You people. left and right are so fucking ignorant it boggles the mind.

Forum List

Back