Revisiting That Dirty Popular Vote Thing Again

The popular vote still doesn't exist, so it still doesn't matter. It will not matter no matter how many times you repeat it to yourself.

Yup,?it does. And Hillary got 3M more votes than your blob puffy

And she's still nobody and nothing, just like you, because the only "victory" you can claim is meaningless.

DAMN, that must sting.

Yet here you are arguing about it puffy. It must mean something to your chemically contaminated body.
Hillary won the popular vote. By millions of votes

Trump's prize for winning the electoral college vote was being President. What did Hillary win for getting the popular vote?
Man, it really bothers you guys that she got 3M more votes than your blob.

It doesn't bother me as long as she's nowhere near the White House. So again, what did Hillary get for winning the popular vote?

Apparently she has gained rent free housing in your head.

Since you won't answer the question (and I don't blame you) then I'll answer it for you: She didn't win anything; not the presidency, not Governor, not Mayor, not even a plastic Cracker Jack toy. Nothing. She won nothing. That's what we're trying to pound into your head.

Stop oppressing her with the truth!

She won the popular vote by millions over your blob. You are now triggered. Now please spend the next hour of your life on something you consider non existent and meaningless.

1578298893628.jpg

Mob rule? Is that a euphemism for having every vote count?
yet you are for states with less population to be held to standards in CA and TX simply because they carry the most people. the needs of one are not the needs of all and all needs should be represented when possible.

you act as if these "arguments" you and others have are new. that perhaps our forefathers missed something along the way. no. the very reason we have the EC is to prevent what you are wanting done.

you are not advocating a system for us all, you are advocating a system that makes you personally happy and pretending everyone else should be happy for the same reasons.
Our forefathers missed a lot of things. They knew it when they wrote the constitution. They did not foresee a party system let alone states forcing their electors to vote for the popular vote winner.

Don’t bring up the founding fathers without acknowledging that our current EC is not the one they envisioned.
don't ignore why they did what they did cause you don't like it. you are doing nothing to ensure states have equal votes in your commentary so it leads one to understand you want what is best for your views, not the country.
I’m not ignoring why they did what they did. They built the EC like they did to ensure populist demagogues like Trump wouldn’t be elected. They had no intention that electors would be ceremonial. Electors were intended to use their own judgement.
They didn't do it for that reason. They did it because it made the process as fair as it could be for us all.

Not one side over the other.

Besides if the dems orea h every vote counts and demand it, why do they keep shafting Bernie? Seems your vote doesn't matter unless they say it does.

That's fucked. Period.
You’re wrong. Read federalist 68.
The Avalon Project : Federalist No 68

What do you mean about Bernie voters? Are you just repeating nonsense without thinking for yourself again?

yet you are for states with less population to be held to standards in CA and TX simply because they carry the most people. the needs of one are not the needs of all and all needs should be represented when possible.

you act as if these "arguments" you and others have are new. that perhaps our forefathers missed something along the way. no. the very reason we have the EC is to prevent what you are wanting done.

you are not advocating a system for us all, you are advocating a system that makes you personally happy and pretending everyone else should be happy for the same reasons.
Our forefathers missed a lot of things. They knew it when they wrote the constitution. They did not foresee a party system let alone states forcing their electors to vote for the popular vote winner.

Don’t bring up the founding fathers without acknowledging that our current EC is not the one they envisioned.
don't ignore why they did what they did cause you don't like it. you are doing nothing to ensure states have equal votes in your commentary so it leads one to understand you want what is best for your views, not the country.
I’m not ignoring why they did what they did. They built the EC like they did to ensure populist demagogues like Trump wouldn’t be elected. They had no intention that electors would be ceremonial. Electors were intended to use their own judgement.
They didn't do it for that reason. They did it because it made the process as fair as it could be for us all.

Besides if the dems orea h every vote counts and demand it, why do they keep shafting Bernie? Seems your vote doesn't matter unless they say it does.

That's fucked. Period.

What do you mean about Bernie voters? Are you just repeating nonsense without thinking for yourself again?
you have a unique talent for letting the obvious escape you.

bernie is getting a ton of votes so the democrats are trying to nullify his progress or potential nomination. AGAIN.

now how come y'all run around going NO MORE EC MY VOTE MUST COUNT then turn around say crap like this to bernie and their votes?

and no - i can't dumb this down any more just for you. catch up or go away. your call.

I am sick of hearing that Hillary won the "popular vote" when that doesn't even count for anything! What counts is the popular vote AT THE STATE LEVEL, after that, it becomes 50 STATE elections. You don't win a country,

YOU WIN STATES.

You'd think democrats and Hillary would KNOW that considering that she was both First Lady, New York Senator and Secretary of STATE.

So I went back and wanted to look at the data a bit different way.

I'm also sick of hearing how pathetic the red states are. So I wanted to know, just what WAS each candidate really up against in 2016 and what did they really win?

In 2016, Hillary won TWENTY states, Trump won THIRTY. To win a state, you have to go up against all voters in a given state; the more people, the more likely voters so, the harder it is to win. And by winning a state, you also win and carry the voice of that state and the people that go in it. So what exactly did the 2016 candidates win?

I looked up the latest tallies of state population, and in the 20 states that Hillary won, her states total population (THE BLUE STATES) was: 2016 BLUE STATE POPULATION = 140,743,676.

And the thirty states that Trump won? 2016 RED STATE POPULATION = 163,435,276.

Yes. Trump's states have 22,691,600 more people in them. A not so small fact I've never seen mentioned before. What is the significance of this?

Trump won 30 states with nearly 23 million more people in them compared to Hillary's 20 states. Not only does that mean you had to carry sway with more people in more states (and by implication, means Trump represented a far greater diversity of the nation!), it means that there are many millions of people who either didn't vote last time or voted against Trump in states he won before who could decide to come out and vote this time or switch their vote to Trump after the recent fiasco of years of Democrats making false claims and accusations all proven wrong and spending tens of millions of dollars of hard earned taxpayer money on silly Russia investigations and a baseless, desperate, petulant, childish impeachment that was nothing more than an abuse of House power resulting in a near Constitutional crisis.

Democrats have stirred up an angry hornets nest, meantime, with the likes of who they have to represent them this time, Democrats may find many of themselves demoralized bowing to the futility.

The 50 US States Ranked By Population

In case anyone wants to check my math.

Trump has 30 states and a potential of up to TWENTY MILLION additional voters this time around, his supporters are pissed, and that is if he doesn't even win any additional states! ;)

Democrats CAN'T feel good about that.

Hillary won the popular vote

Which doesn't exist, and that's why she did NOT win the election.

She sure did. California loved her and she can always console herself with that as she watches Trump board Air Force One.

20 years from now, there will be a small group of bitter, angry malcontents who can't figure out why nobody likes them gathered in an airport Holiday Inn ballroom muttering, "But she won the popular vote! She won it!".

I am sick of hearing that Hillary won the "popular vote" when that doesn't even count for anything! What counts is the popular vote AT THE STATE LEVEL, after that, it becomes 50 STATE elections. You don't win a country,

YOU WIN STATES.

You'd think democrats and Hillary would KNOW that considering that she was both First Lady, New York Senator and Secretary of STATE.

I'm also sick of hearing how pathetic the red states are. So I wanted to know, just what WAS each candidate really up against in 2016 and what did they really win?

In 2016, Hillary won TWENTY states, Trump won THIRTY. To win a state, you have to go up against all voters in a given state; the more people, the more likely voters so, the harder it is to win. And by winning a state, you also win and carry the voice of that state and the people that go in it. So what exactly did the 2016 candidates win?

I looked up the latest tallies of state population, and in the 20 states that Hillary won, her states total population (THE BLUE STATES) was: 2016 BLUE STATE POPULATION = 140,743,676.

Yes. Trump's states have 22,691,600 more people in them. A not so small fact I've never seen mentioned before. What is the significance of this?

Trump won 30 states with nearly 23 million more people in them compared to Hillary's 20 states. Not only does that mean you had to carry sway with more people in more states (and by implication, means Trump represented a far greater diversity of the nation!), it means that there are many millions of people who either didn't vote last time or voted against Trump in states he won before who could decide to come out and vote this time or switch their vote to Trump after the recent fiasco of years of Democrats making false claims and accusations all proven wrong and spending tens of millions of dollars of hard earned taxpayer money on silly Russia investigations and a baseless, desperate, petulant, childish impeachment that was nothing more than an abuse of House power resulting in a near Constitutional crisis.

Democrats have stirred up an angry hornets nest, meantime, with the likes of who they have to represent them this time, Democrats may find many of themselves demoralized bowing to the futility.

Trump has 30 states and a potential of up to TWENTY MILLION additional voters this time around, his supporters are pissed, and that is if he doesn't even win any additional states! ;)

ONLY in California before California was counted Trump was up over a million votes. One State does NOT elect our President.
You wanna exclude California? Take out Texas as well. What's it look like then?

Heck no, don't need to exclude California, simply go with proportional representation, which would allow California Republicans an actual voice. They would then turn out in large numbers.

YOU WIN STATES.

She sure did. California loved her and she can always console herself with that as she watches Trump board Air Force One.

20 years from now, there will be a small group of bitter, angry malcontents who can't figure out why nobody likes them gathered in an airport Holiday Inn ballroom muttering, "But she won the popular vote! She won it!".

Hillary winning by 3M votes clearly bothers you guys

That's fucked. Period.

bernie is getting a ton of votes so the democrats are trying to nullify his progress or potential nomination. AGAIN.

now how come y'all run around going NO MORE EC MY VOTE MUST COUNT then turn around say crap like this to bernie and their votes?

and no - i can't dumb this down any more just for you. catch up or go away. your call.

Don’t get all pissy because I don’t buy your nonsense. As you so often demand of others, lets see you present facts which demonstrate that Bernie votes are being nullified.

YOU WIN STATES.

The only question remains, will you be in that group or not, because she didn't win anything. 20 years from now, she will be remembered as the loser in the biggest political upset battle of the century.

The funny thing is, you keep acting like she won something. Clearly it bothers you that she's not living in the White House right now. Have you gotten help for that?

The only question remains, will you be in that group or not, because she didn't win anything. 20 years from now, she will be remembered as the loser in the biggest political upset battle of the century.
Bigger than Dewey defeats Truman, no less.

That's fucked. Period.

Don’t get all pissy because I don’t buy your nonsense. As you so often demand of others, lets see you present facts which demonstrate that Bernie votes are being nullified.
God you are a special kind of idiot.

YOU WIN STATES.

Did she get her participation trophy?

Did she get her participation trophy?
She sure did, a handful of sycophants dutifully insisting, "but she won the popular vote!", whenever anyone reminds them that she lost a battle she had in the bag.

That's fucked. Period.

God you are a special kind of idiot.

I’d say something along the lines of “put up or shut up” but I doubt you intended to do either.

Just remember when you bitch and moan that I don’t provide references (or two or three which you demand later on), this is how you reply to the same request.

Hypocrite.

It sure does. How could she fuck up that kind of lead? But fuck it up she did, and now we have a TV assclown defecating in the White House.

Thanks, Hillary.

It sure does. How could she fuck up that kind of lead? But fuck it up she did, and now we have a TV assclown defecating in the White House.

Thanks, Hillary.
Because before California was counted Trump was ahead by a MILLION votes. One State does not elect our President.

And that is why we need to look extra close especially at that state and be suspicious of all their protectionism against voter ID and for sanctuary counties.

Forum List

Back