Reuters-hilary leaving SOS position next year..

US secretary of state Hillary Clinton has confirmed that she has no intention of becoming a candidate to head the World Bank following the June departure of outgoing President Robert Zoellick, the State Department said on Wednesday.

"She has said this is not happening. Her view has not changed," State Department spokeswoman Victoria Nuland said when asked about periodic news reports that Clinton could be a candidate to lead the institution.

Hillary Clinton says move to World Bank 'not happening': State Dept - The Times of India

Many have speculated that President Obama will swap out current Vice President Joe Biden for current Secretary of State Hillary Clinton. But Clinton seemed to put the kibosh on any veep talk yesterday -- and suggested that she may be leaving politics altogether following the 2012 election.

“What could we do to persuade you to run for vice president?” a staffer asked at a State Department town hall meeting Thursday, referring to cyclical rumors and the wishful thinking of some supporters. “Oh, my goodness,” Clinton replied.

“I will certainly stay on until the president nominates someone and that transition can occur,” said Clinton, who has insisted repeatedly that she will be a one-term secretary.

“But I think, after 20 years ...of being on the high wire of American politics, and all of the challenges that come with that, it would probably be a good idea to just find out how tired I am.”

The famously workaholic secretary said she has “no idea” what she will do in the future, and doesn’t want to think about it because it might divert attention from today’s diplomatic tasks.

Goodbye? Hilary Clinton Says She's Out After Election - Kate Hicks

Yeah, l like getting out and enjoying herself and her millions.

Of course she's still got Bill. Jeeze. How lucky can one woman get??

Forum List

Back