Reuters cameraman killed in Gaza by Israeli military

I can almost imagine ReillyT in 1943 commenting on the Warsaw Ghetto uprising saying that one cannot disassociate jewish violence from the Ghetto situation.

And that the german army “should be more discriminating in their choice of targets”.

Or...

German abuses “must be adressed in connection with” Ghetto dwellers abuses.

tsk, tsk, tsk...

Had this been a jewish camaraman that died from palestinian fire in this "war zone"...

well, we all know how different would have been the standard zionist reaction.

It could never have been a Jewish cameraman! Jews are not allowed in Gaza!

Once again, you act as though Palestinians have started this conflict and Israeli military forces are all innocent defenders of their territory (even though they frequently invade other territories and settlements).

I told you this goes back decades. Until Israel treats Palestinians as humans, indigenous to the land inhabited by Israelis, and concede that they deserve a State or a stake in the Israeli government...there will never be peace.

What is wrong with Palestinian sovereignty and their right to maintain dignity? You can thumb your upturned nose at me all you want, but you are no more an expert on the Palestinian/Israeli conflict than anyone else here.

God you are naive and arrogant son! The current conflict in Gaza is caused by Hamas constant random missile attacks on Israeli targets.

Israel treated the Palestinians with respect when they offered them 95% of the land they demanded, 5% to make up in a land bridge from Gaza to WB and the creation of the first Palestinian State in the history of the world (something the Arab crusaders of the 7th century didn't do, the Turks didn't do, nor the Egyptians or Jordanians did either). The responds was a war against Israeli civilians.

The Palestinians lay their guns down and they have the First Palestinian State in the History of the World! The Jews lay their guns down and the World sees the 2nd Holocaust (or 3rd depends on who you talk to). :eusa_wall:

I don't think neutrality is appropriate when dealing with terrorists, but you're not neutral. Every policy you support would result in dead Israelis.

Nothing neutral about that, especially when you've indicated you're okay with suicide bombers.
No, I never said that. You assume that any policy that I have proposed would result in dead Israelis, and yet you are just fine with keeping things as is and allowing further dead Palestinians.

I am neutral. I want peace between both parties. But we are talking about generations of hatred on both sides.

Isreal wants that land, believing it is ordained by God. Palestinians want their dignity and a right to live a life of liberty.

There is one solution that comes to mind, give all that land to Israel and give the Palestinians a viable political party in the Knesset, along with laws that protect the identity of both Israeli & Palestinian citizens.

No, I never said that. You assume that any policy that I have proposed would result in dead Israelis, and yet you are just fine with keeping things as is and allowing further dead Palestinians.

I am neutral. I want peace between both parties. But we are talking about generations of hatred on both sides.

Isreal wants that land, believing it is ordained by God. Palestinians want their dignity and a right to live a life of liberty.

There is one solution that comes to mind, give all that land to Israel and give the Palestinians a viable political party in the Knesset, along with laws that protect the identity of both Israeli & Palestinian citizens.

No snookums, handing Israel to the palestinians isn't a resolution. In fact, that's almost as absurd as Shogie's Texas idea.... which is why your protestations of "neutrality" and not wanting Israelis dead are disingenuous...no...make that lies.

God you are naive and arrogant son! The current conflict in Gaza is caused by Hamas constant random missile attacks on Israeli targets.

Israel treated the Palestinians with respect when they offered them 95% of the land they demanded, 5% to make up in a land bridge from Gaza to WB and the creation of the first Palestinian State in the history of the world (something the Arab crusaders of the 7th century didn't do, the Turks didn't do, nor the Egyptians or Jordanians did either). The responds was a war against Israeli civilians.

The Palestinians lay their guns down and they have the First Palestinian State in the History of the World! The Jews lay their guns down and the World sees the 2nd Holocaust (or 3rd depends on who you talk to). :eusa_wall:
Oh right, the Israeli government is an innocent bystander and the Palestinians are evil Muslims. Riiiiiight.

You may want to check that history again. Are you actually denying that Israeli troops verbally & physically assaulted? Are you denying that civilians arbitrarily detained were not systematically tortured? Are you denying that the Masad committed assassinations?

No snookums, handing Israel to the palestinians isn't a resolution. In fact, that's almost as absurd as Shogie's Texas idea.

Handing it to the Palestinians? That is what you take from my words? How is equality and fair representation handing a government over?

Oh right, the Israeli government is an innocent bystander and the Palestinians are evil Muslims. Riiiiiight.

You may want to check that history again. Are you actually denying that Israeli troops verbally & physically assaulted? Are you denying that civilians arbitrarily detained were not systematically tortured? Are you denying that the Masad committed assassinations?

You really need to stop telling people that *they* should check the history when you've proven you know NOTHING about the history.

BTW, it's Mosad...

He was covering a war zone. Unfortunately things happen in war zones that no one wants. He wasn't targeted.

Nor were the other civilians. But who makes this a war zone? That is what is in question. I say both sides are equally guilty. Israel has the Palestinian civilians out-gunned. That means they need to show more restraint...much like we should be when dealing with countries that we want regime change in.

Just because we want it, does not make it right.

Nor were the other civilians. But who makes this a war zone? That is what is in question. I say both sides are equally guilty. Israel has the Palestinian civilians out-gunned. That means they need to show more restraint...much like we should be when dealing with countries that we want regime change in.

Just because we want it, does not make it right.

Who's "we"? The missiles didn't hit your kids' kindergarten.

You really need to stop telling people that *they* should check the history when you've proven you know NOTHING about the history.

BTW, it's Mosad...
Actually, it is Mossad. You can stop acting like a **** now. You are not the queen of Israeli history. You don't know any more than anyone else here.

And for the record, I am reading a book on the history of HAMAS. I have listened to Noam Chomsky discuss Israel's atrocities, read about them in books (including one on the Mossad) and the news.

Just because you side only with the Israeli point of view does not make me wrong and you right. It just makes you biased.

I have stated that there are groups who have attacked innocent Israelis. I never said I condone the violence, but I do understand where it comes from. You refuse to acknowledge that Israel is committing atrocities against unarmed civilians.

Actually, it is Mossad. You can stop acting like a **** now. You are not the queen of Israeli history. You don't know any more than anyone else here.

And for the record, I am reading a book on the history of HAMAS. I have listened to Noam Chomsky discuss Israel's atrocities, read about them in books (including one on the Mossad) and the news.

Just because you side only with the Israeli point of view does not make me wrong and you right. It just makes you biased.

I have stated that there are groups who have attacked innocent Israelis. I never said I condone the violence, but I do understand where it comes from. You refuse to acknowledge that Israel is committing atrocities against unarmed civilians.

No...it's that you know LESS thank most others here (with the exception of Shogie and Jose who's just insane).

ooooh...you read chomsky. good of you to pick one of the most antiIsrael writers your could find.

Again, I keep telling you...you don't know WHAT I think onthis subject because you aren't adept enough with the facts or rational enough on the subject to have a discussion with. I did however tell you my feelings about people who don't know what they're talking about being cavalier with Israeli lives.

Also, I can tell you that Israel doesn't TARGET unarmed citizens. It targets TERRORISTS....

let me know what you'd do if someone hit your kids' school with a missile. Would you say, oh please sir, don't hurt the poor terrorists... give them the land the school is on.

Absurd.

José;673877 said:
No ReillyT, you’re absolutely wrong.

The establishment and the continued existence of the jewish racial dictatorship and the palestinian resistance do not “go hand in hand”.

The palestinian armed struggle is a reaction to the establishment of a racist dictatorship in Palestine that racially discriminates its inhabitants.

You don’t have two historical events that arose simultaneously, ReillyT.

You clearly have a cause/effect relationship here.

It is an interesting tactic to reduce 50 years of destruction, depravity and violence on both sides to "they started it." I believe it is less simple than you believe.

No...it's that you know LESS thank most others here (with the exception of Shogie and Jose who's just insane).

ooooh...you read chomsky. good of you to pick one of the most antiIsrael writers your could find.

Again, I keep telling you...you don't know WHAT I think onthis subject because you aren't adept enough with the facts or rational enough on the subject to have a discussion with. I did however tell you my feelings about people who don't know what they're talking about being cavalier with Israeli lives.

Also, I can tell you that Israel doesn't TARGET unarmed citizens. It targets TERRORISTS....

let me know what you'd do if someone hit your kids' school with a missile. Would you say, oh please sir, don't hurt the poor terrorists... give them the land the school is on.

Absurd.
Like we target only terrorists when we commit extra-ordinary renditions? Before you answer that, many innocent people have been scooped up and some have even been let go.

Israel does not target terrorists, they target indiscriminately.

Noam Chomsky is Jewish. He is also a professor at MIT. Maybe, just maybe, he knows more than you or I on this subject.

I have made some very rational arguments here in favor of a peaceful resolution. I have also given voice to the plight of the Palestinian people. You label my arguments as absurd and me as inept at the facts, simply because I will not concede to your point of view.

Now who is infringing on whose freedom of speech? Jillian, you are the queen of hypocrisy and spin.

José;673879 said:
I can almost imagine ReillyT in 1943 commenting on the Warsaw Ghetto uprising saying that one cannot disassociate jewish violence from the Ghetto situation.

And that the german army “should be more discriminating in their choice of targets”.

Or...

German abuses “must be adressed in connection with” Ghetto dwellers abuses.

tsk, tsk, tsk...

Now when you start tossing Nazis to and fro it just makes it harder to take you seriously. May I suggest that for future hysterical rejoinders, you employ South AFrican Defense Forces (SADF) or the Rhodesian SAS. They are both analogically more accurate, and have the additional advantage of making you look less loony.

Terrorists usually have cars marked TV? Alrighty then....

Did you see how small the letters TV were? Did you see how far away the tank was? How good is your eyesight?

Its a war zone. They are soldiers. Taking chances is their job.

Nope, winning the fight is their job. Sometimes that means taking chances, but to be honest, anyone who's fought in a war knows, you don't give the other guy any kind of a chance at all.

Forum List

Back